It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am i a member not a Member?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

lol thats why you should take me. because ill not act like i do normally--which is annoying and gets people mad.

Id treat it like a job and be professional, of course.

I was speaking before in terms of me, normally, bored, and not in a position of power at all.

I take jobs very seriously. I take pride in my work.

sorry if my flippant tone was off-putting. i know asking to be a mod is like the LAST thing i should do. But I dont care because it's the truth. You can take it or leave it. But if you leave it it will be your loss

regardless
youre right that that attitude is TOTALLY bad and would not be good for someone in a position of power to be acting like that.

Rest assured, I would act seriously. I'm a very serious person. Which is why I sometimes get flippant since I have a sardonic sense of humor. Sorry that it came off wrong--that was totally my bad. Wording etc. D: You made me feel all ashamed and sorry about saying that. Good for you.
I aspire to be like you if ever i get to be a moderator--here or elsewhere. Because if you will never give it to me here, I'm positive I can go be a moderator somewhere else. But that's the problem--I don't WANT to go anywhere else. I want to try it here.

:/ sigh. Would seeing my facebook and my credentials: National Honor Society; AP Honor Scholar; Honor Student; Forensics Team Captain; Falls-Sussex Youth Leadership alumni; Law Explorers graduate...etc

Ideally, my career goal is to become an international business lawyer or a prosecutor. maybe even a defense attorney.

OR i want to be a clinical lab-research psychologist or psychopharmacologist. I went to Loyola University Chicago (2nd tier private school) and am not there atm because I came back home due to having an eating disorder (i am anorexic--and recovering). So yeah I think being a moderator would also help with me getting better because it would take my mind off of food and the thought of being fat--so yeah i will admit i have selfish reasons for wanting this as well--other than the noble intent of bettering ATS and primarily the task of maintaining its integrity (which I want, too--very much. but i figure you will appreciate my honesty. because i would if i were in your shoes).

Being a moderator here would be good practice for law/psychology in that it would help me hone my problem-solving skills and help me exercise my intellect. I am a master of rhetoric when I want to be--I love Socrates and if I was a moderator I would rely primarily on Socratic Elenchus (which is the /tag of my facebook page, just saying if you want to find it and see that it's true that i'm not pulling your leg) in my dealings with others. I'd try to be like Socrates--plain and simple.

edit on 15-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

I am young and inexperienced. But I am determined
and I may be many things but a quitter I certainly am not. Read my signature. I value integrity and I try to keep mine as much as I am able--since I am admittedly quite young and immature still. But that shouldn't make me ineligible to be a moderator. My IQ is well over the prerequisite for joining MENSA (measured by the terra nova--which MENSA accepts). I am not in MENSA--but I would be if I wanted to waste $50 a month to say I'm in MENSA which just seems dumb to me. But yeah. I'm smart. I learn quick. I do make mistakes. But I learn from them. Please, please give me at least a test or a trial period? I'll seriously do anything you want I will do the crappiest jobs that nobody else wants to take.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Suuuuure!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Damn, now I'm craving sweets and I'm stranded without a car. I don't think I've had an M&M in a long, long time.

Actually I'm thinking pie. A nice Key Lime Pie. Don't ask how I get from yellow M&M's to Key Lime Pie as there are things no one should know.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Im vaping Vaccine by Brew City on my 30 watt eleaf. It's so delicious. It's pear with a coconut finish ^_^

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

test test...were doing banana splits later

edit: debates and short story contests!

edit on 15-5-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

no one? everyone should know of the joys of key lime pie. Similarly, I should know the joys of being able to be useful to ATS? lol im pushing my luck
haha i'm just joshing. If you (meaning mods generally/what intrepid said as well) say i wouldn't be a good moderator, I will have faith that you know best since you are moderators. But that wont stop me from really wanting to be given a chance to at least try. You know?

You guys seem really cagey about the whole moderator thing. And I understand that I am underestimating the task. But I want to experience what it's like at least just to see. Because hey you know what? Maybe I'm right and you'd end up being happy you took a gamble on me. If you're right then demote me--all i ask is for a test. You can make it so hard that it's impossible to pass. That's fine. I just want to try anyway. I'm incorrigible.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
hmmmmm

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

First rule of Mod Club is never ask to be in Mod Club.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Second rule of Mod Club, eat club sandwiches.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Rules like that are made to be broken. Look what happened to fight club with that logic~

Asking should be the first rule of being a mod. Because if you want something youre more likely to do well at it, generally-speaking. Having interest in being a moderator should be seen as a good thing. Because what you guys do here is good. So I guess I don't understand why you downplay all the good you guys do by saying the task sucks and oh its awful--I highly doubt that doing something altruistic like being a mod of ATS is all doom and gloom. Not saying theres no doom or gloom--but the fact that youre doing something noble should be the forefront of your schpeel to people.

Why try to scare us away? I can't be scared away. And even though I'll never mention it again after this thread, I don't regret saying anything. Because if saying all this ends up being the reason why I never become a mod on ATS, then it's a good thing I wont be a mod because I obviously misjudged you. But I don't think I misjudged you. And I don't think that that's really the first rule of mod club. Just a gut feeling on that

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

THIS I CAN DO.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Second rule of Mod Club, eat club sandwiches.

It sounds a bit like getting invited to a party and then asking if you can be in charge of clearing the glasses and washing the pots to me.

Each to there own I suppose.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

As was stated, the best route to take is not ask and instead just make good posts.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

New mods get to clean the staff bathroom with a toothbrush. It's not pretty.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No doubt. I hate sliced turkey.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

test test...were doing banana splits later

edit: debates and short story contests!

Now you're just being mean.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

New mods get to clean the staff bathroom with a toothbrush. It's not pretty.

I have never seen a toothbrush I would describe as pretty.

As I said each to there own I suppose

What was the third rule again?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

dude i'm so serious about wanting it I almost want to ask, can i be in charge of clearing the pots and dishes and scrubbing the floors?

hmm? if i promise to be your monkey then will you let me be a mod, mods?

*puppy eyes*

yes. i will even degrade myself to the point of begging.

aiight i said my piece guys.

Later, everyone! and thx for the responses about the M&m's they were all very delicious

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Member vs member, what side am I?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just bummed I never got the scholar tag

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join