It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sacred Embrace: Reuniting Male and Female in Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It is consistent in all of nature that particles have a complementary anti-particle. These particle pairs were meant for union, but they inexplicable exist in duality. Look at the electron and proton for example, why does the electron orbit around its beloved positively-charged counterpart in the nucleus of the atom? Similarly, why, with such a strong innate attraction, do Man and Woman live in separation?

Misogynist "authorities" led the people to essentially believe that women are useless, and should be subjugated. But, subtle clues in the orthodox gospel elude to a holy union between male and female that is the purpose of our current plight as humans - reconnecting with our counterparts:

"Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

...That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." (Gen 2:21-24)

Let's take a step back, because this is a lot in two verses. "Elohim", the creator God, made the protohuman in their image. Elohim is plural, and it literally means He, She, God. The plurality of this entity is made obvious in Genesis 1:26, when mankind is made in "our" (Elohim's) image.

The original androgynous human was split and the male and female form became separated. After this, God explains that male and female are purposed to reunite as one flesh. This is not simply referring to sex, but the true union between male and female fulfilling the purpose of love. Just like positive is attracted to negative, male is attracted to female. Love is to humans as magnetism is to the electron and proton: The urge for reuniting. In the gnostic gospels, this is said quite explicitly, but the misogyny that was running rampant at the time deemed these texts to be heretical:

"If woman had not been separated from man, she would not die with man. Her separation was at the origin of death. Christ comes again to heal this wound, to rediscover the lost unity, to enliven those who kill themselves in separation, reviving them in union. Adam and Eve

When Eve was in Adam, there was no death; when she was separated from him, death came. If she enters back into him, and he accepts her, there will be no more death…

[Jesus came] to the place of separation so as to reunite all that had been separated in God." (Gospel of Philip 13-15)

This is why adultery is so detrimental to our being. Adultery is a sin because sexual perversion disallows us from uniting in true love. Mary Magdalene was the first person Jesus appeared to after his resurrection. In the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, it is said that Mary was Jesus' favorite Disciple, and that he showed her visions that the male disciples were not able to see. I have experienced this in very minute doses with a couple of my past girlfriends. Male and Female is like a lock and key model to the secrets of the universe:

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female... then you will enter [the kingdom]." (Gospel of Thomas, also see Galatians 3:28)

Spending an eternity with the woman/man of your dreams. What better gift could you imagine? Jesus mentions this blatantly with the woman at the well:

"Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.” (John 4:14-16)

When the woman asked Jesus how to inherit eternal life, he told her to get her husband! This is eluding to the sacred union that has been buried by deluded church authorities. This theme is not strictly a Christian teaching. In Plato's symposium, he discusses this duality:

“The original human nature was not like the present, but different. The sexes were not two as they are now, but originally three in number; there was man, woman, and the union of the two, of which the name survives but nothing else. Once it was a distinct kind, with a bodily shape and a name of its own, constituted by the union of the male and the female: but now only the word 'androgynous' is preserved, and that as a term of reproach… due to a struggle of power, (God) spoke and cut the male-female union in two… After the division of male and female, each began desiring the other half, and came together, entwined in mutual embraces, longing to grow into one… So ancient is the desire of one another which is implanted in us, reuniting our original nature, seeking to make one of two, and to heal the state of mankind… And the reason is that human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is called love. There was a time, I say, when we were one, but now because of the wickedness of mankind God has dispersed us... And if we are not obedient to the heavenly matters, there is a danger that we shall be split up again... Wherefore let us exhort to piety in all things, that we may avoid evil and obtain the good, taking Love for our leader and commander… Wherefore, if we would praise him who has given to us the benefit, we must praise the god Love, who is our greatest benefactor, both leading us in this life back to our own nature, and giving us high hopes for the future, for he promises that if we are pious, he will restore us to our original state, and heal us and make us happy and blessed.”

In retrospect it was pretty obvious. Love is the number one law for salvation.
edit on 13-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well if you are so blessed as to truly find your soul mate, it quickly becomes obvious that you are two halves of a whole complimenting and completing each other.
edit on 13-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

"If woman had not been separated from man, she would not die with man. Her separation was at the origin of death. Christ comes again to heal this wound, to rediscover the lost unity, to enliven those who kill themselves in separation, reviving them in union. Adam and Eve

So, let me get this straight. You're saying that death entered our existence after "The Elohom" said, "It is not good for man to be alone", and took Adam's rib and made Eve? Wouldn't that make "The Elohim" the original sinners?

What happened to free will and that talking snake's culpability?

If "Christ" is the entity that "heals the wound" of the separation between a man and woman, what of those people who are too young or just not inclined to marry? How will they ever know and be healed by Jesus?

edit on 13-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Complimenting halves to the right of me.
Complimenting halves to the left of me.
We are surrounded.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

That is the heaviest reply ever.
Very Zen.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female... then you will enter [the kingdom]." (Gospel of Thomas, also see Galatians 3:28)

This is understood in various Eastern mystical traditions and I appreciate your thread in terms of the male and female aspects in Jesus' Teachings. What you are pointing at are also found in some of the Tantric traditions in which the male and female become unified through sexual embrace for the sake of experiencing a unity with Reality.

There is also the argument that the whole body-mind is already both male and female - at least in esoteric terms - which is what I think Jesus was getting at because the rest of his esoteric Teachings support this as I will try to explain now.

Everyone's nervous system-brain-mind structure is comprised of a female side (the left side of the body and the right side of the brain), and the male side (the right side of the body and the left side of the brain).

When the body-mind is perfectly balanced in equanimity, that is, when the male and female energies are perfectly balanced through real surrender to the Divine Reality and right living, they merge in the subtle heart as Love, and then "the male will not be male nor the female be female" - we are simply whole bodily Love.

Such equanimity (wholeness) as demonstrated by Love, is the necessary requisite and foundation for transcending the physical body-mind and ascending to the Light Above, which Jesus also referred to as the Kingdom of God.

In other words, the body-mind must be released of its imbalances through real surrender to God. Such persistent surrender releases the body's one-sidedness, as only identifying mainly as male, or mainly as female. This allows for the foundation for one to transcend the sheer physical domain through real Love, into the Light or Kingdom of God Above.

Each of us, regardless of our physical gender, is potentially whole as both male and female, and also as That which transcends both. This is the balance between both aspects of the body-mind which becomes perfect equanimity, and then the heart space of Love opens up, blissfully flooding the whole body-mind, and the Light Above may also be experienced as absolute Unity.

Love is the number one law for salvation.

Yes, just as Jesus' first great commandment states. His two great commandments are all about establishing the body-mind as a whole - for one cannot love God so fully, with the whole body-mind, heart, and spirit, without this wholeness of equanimity between our male side and female side. Until this balance is the case, the true Love of the Heart remains hidden, and such full loving of God and neighbor is not possible.

edit on 5/13/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am pretty anti religion but believe you are spot on because I have experienced this myself. My partner and I have a heavy dose of the opposite gender within ourselves and it balances out so well that strange things happen when we are intimate. We have been together thirteen years without a fight or even disagreement. Everything is complimentary.

We believe in no religion but also believe that most religions are trying to get this point across. I figure it is the natural state of things and we, as a society, need to get back to it.

Great explanation, op!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
I have read 1 zen book before i jyst replied because i wanted to bookmark to read later.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I don't think it's talking about sex necessarily, at least not in the literal way. When a man and woman have sex a baby is created and the love those parents feel for that child is unmatchable, so I can understand that part of what you're saying but there is an extra layer to this symbolism as well.

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but Spirit gives birth to Spirit". Flesh is feminine and can be seen as the "womb", the thing that houses us; the Spirit is masculine and can be seen as the "wind" that Jesus says blows here and there (body to body).

When the man (Spirit) and woman (flesh) come together they are one flesh, which means life is created. We are the union of the male and female, we are the "Son" of God, the image of light (sight) that is created when a body and Spirit come together in union. The "image of God" is consciousness and it is the light of the world.

This is why the bible says that the husband is the head of the house and that the wife will be subservient to him, it doesn't mean this literally but symbolically. The Spirit (man) is what animates the body (woman), so in that way the wife is subservient of the husband.

Adultery is when a man (Spirit) is not in union (subconsciously) with the woman (body) but is in union with church doctrine (who is the whore). Believing in man made dogma is "man lying with man" or "homosexuality" instead of being one with the universe in my opinion. It's about symbolic representations, not literal word for word interpretations.
edit on 5/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Interesting! Very interesting. The Zulu creation myth is quite similar, which claims men and women were originally one, possessing both male and female sexual parts, or a hermaphrodite. There still is clear examples of hermaphroditism in the human species today. So, it's possible.
This link is for a video where Zulu story teller shares the legend: m.youtube.com...

Sorry...it's a long video and I'm not sure where in it the info is.

Zulu myth summarized : the creator made humans and man and women were one creature with both sex parts, and was extremely happy. In an effort to make better slaves the creator made two caves, one with intense blue light in it, and the other with red light. The hermaphroditic humanoid creature was drawn to the caves, and the the ones that went in the blue cave became female, and ones that went in the red cave became males upon exciting. Ultimately the creator was disappointed because the new males and females turned out to be worse slaves than their predicessors due to their never ending need to reconnect with the other half thrue sexual union.

I saw the video several years ago, so I may gotten some of the details wrong.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cointelpatrol
Ultimately the creator was disappointed because the new males and females turned out to be worse slaves than their predicessors due to their never ending need to reconnect with the other half thrue sexual union.

LOL! Busted by the Big Boss for too many "coffee" breaks while on the job.

"But Boss, we were just trying to increase your work pool!"

edit on 5/14/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That whole verse about the man being lead and woman subservient is to me cyclical. If you read it further, it goes on to say that the man should be as Christ to them.

So, OK, I submit, but how did Christ react to others? He also served in His turn and considered them before Himself. If I yield to my husband and he considers me as he ought, then I should wind up getting things I want and need anyhow because he will think of me before himself. Circle.

So basically, in our relationship, it manifests like this: when we need to make big decisions or go on trips, I do the research and he makes the final call. It all works out in the end.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If the man is to be as Christ to the woman then that to me means that the Spirit should be in unity (love) with the body or flesh, not in enmity. Church doctrine teaches that the body is undesirable and sinful, Jesus says that if you clean the inside of the cup (Spirit) then the outside of the cup (body) will follow.

The body is only "sinful" if the inside is dirty. The church teaches that the outside cannot be cleaned because of our sinful nature. If the two are made into one, their is unity, if one is seen as undesirable then their is discord. Church doctrine teaches discord not unity.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think it's more that you should be wary of letting the body rule you where you are the Spirit. Spirit should rule Body. Spirit should rule the worldly flesh in order for you to avoid falling into sin. That doesn't mean that the impulses of the flesh are evil or wrong, only that you should control them rather than allow them to control you.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It is consistent in all of nature that particles have a complementary anti-particle. These particle pairs were meant for union, but they inexplicable exist in duality. Look at the electron and proton for example, why does the electron orbit around its beloved positively-charged counterpart in the nucleus of the atom? Similarly, why, with such a strong innate attraction, do Man and Woman live in separation?

But but... What about the neutron? You can't describe a dualistic system by purposely avoiding the third part of what makes it up.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But but... What about the neutron? You can't describe a dualistic system by purposely avoiding the third part of what makes it up.

The neutron is the unionized state of the two. Check it out, the neutron's mass is approximately the mass of the electron and proton added together; it is also the sum of the electron and proton's charge. To further the analogy, Elohim was like a neutron, and when They split, male and female were like the electron and proton.
edit on 14-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108

There is also the argument that the whole body-mind is already both male and female - at least in esoteric terms - which is what I think Jesus was getting at because the rest of his esoteric Teachings support this as I will try to explain now.

Everyone's nervous system-brain-mind structure is comprised of a female side (the left side of the body and the right side of the brain), and the male side (the right side of the body and the left side of the brain).

When the body-mind is perfectly balanced in equanimity, that is, when the male and female energies are perfectly balanced through real surrender to the Divine Reality and right living, they merge in the subtle heart as Love, and then "the male will not be male nor the female be female" - we are simply whole bodily Love.

Have you ever considered that we are a majorily right-handed species because we have become entranced in male-dominated thinking? You've been spot on in responding to my last couple threads. Thank you for bringing this point up, because I would have liked to but there wasn't enough room:

" I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?

The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision" (Mary Magdalene 5:10-11)

I think the truth has many layers, and what you described is the individual aspect of uniting the inner duality. Upon reaching this great inner equanimity that you/gospel describes, I would theorize that this is when the soul mate enters your life to complete the outer union. Clean the inside, and the outside will follow suit.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Flesh is feminine and can be seen as the "womb", the thing that houses us; the Spirit is masculine...

Thank you for clearing that up, I contemplated this for a while and you made sense of it all for me. This is makes complete sense of this passage in the Gospel of Philip:

"...When we were Hebrews, we were orphans and had only our mother, but when we became Christians, we had both father and mother."

Looks like you are spot on. Prior to Christ they only had their flesh (mother), then Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit (Father).

top topics

join