It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Black Grads That White People Make Life Tough

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama has made numerous racially-charged statements in the past, but none so atrocious as her commencement speech at Alabama’s Tuskegee University on Saturday.

The historically black school welcomed the First Lady’s obscene comments, cheering as she implied over and over again that they will always judged by the color of their skin by their white colleagues.

On Saturday, Michelle Obama gave the commencement speech at Tuskegee University in Alabama. Although she is the first black first lady married to the first black president who was elected twice by a majority white electorate, with a cabinet that includes the the first (and second) black Atorneys General, a black Secretary of Homeland Security, a black National Security Advisor, a black Senior Advisor to the President and a black Supreme Court Justice (although he doesn’t count), listening to her comments, you’d think we were still living under (the Democrat-supported) Jim Crow laws before the Civil Rights Act (which more Republicans supported) and are not far from the days of slavery (which a Republican president worked to abolish).

Where she had an opportunity from her lofty position to heal some national wounds and speak of how far we have all come together, how she is living testament to what anyone can achieve in this nation, regardless of color, she chose instead to recount her own personal struggles with racism. Mrs. Obama mentioned in particular the insensitive media questions and derogatory remarks from political pundits that she said have kept her up at night.

Why does she continue to do this?

Please keeep this discussion civil. Thank you advance!

edit on 12-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: Added the video to make it easier for the discussion to have the proper context.

+14 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
From where I'm sitting, experiences I've had, things I've witness and general information provided through media outlets both main and not-so-much stream . . . Mrs. Obama isn't all that far off the mark.

+73 more 
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Tell her that her husband makes life tough for ALL Americans. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? It is like they want to divide people and foment resentment. Someone in her position should be above that kind of statement.
edit on 2015/5/12 by Metallicus because: punct

+7 more 
link   

Where she had an opportunity from her lofty position to heal some national wounds and speak of how far we have all come together,

That is coded Jim Crow verbiage intended to whitewash the past and present abuse. It is intended to instill indignation and denial displacing the feelings of guilt. It is another brick in the wall of shamelessness.

+50 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Michelle is helping with the division in this country. Obviously she is going right along with the agenda (understandably, she IS the First Lady).

But you are totally right, she should be helping to point out the progress we have made and how capable we are as a society to live peacefully with one another. Instead she is stirring the pot and playing the victim card once again. Shame on her

+54 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. She can use her power to unite and serve as an example, but chooses to play the role and focus on what separates us.

I'm at a loss for words.

edit on 12-5-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+67 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When your husband is the worst President in American History.

You have to blame somebody when everything you tried failed miserably.

Blame White People...it's worked like a charm the past 20 years.

The Chickens have come home to roost....Indeed

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So stating facts is wrong?

She is talking about her own life experiences and then tells them to not use it as an excuse.

So how is that bad?

+47 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
So stating facts is wrong?

She is talking about her own life experiences and then tells them to not use it as an excuse.

So how is that bad?

Wow, her husband is the president. Just imagine how far he would have gotten if he was white.

+57 more 
link   

She and her husband are both race baiters right up there with Sharpton and Jacka$$ er Jackson. While so many struggle to unite this country these four, along with Oprah, continue to shove us backward every time they open their mouths.

link   
How Dare Michelle Obama Be So Black At Tuskegee University!?!

First Lady Michelle Obama had the nerve to speak candidly about being black in America in a commencement address at historically black Tuskegee University. Her remarks sent Sean Hannity into such a racial tizzy, he turned to Ann Coulter to explain what it all meant

Let’s not forget that Hannity has a long history of palling around with racists. He also has a history of race baiting Michelle Obama. So it was no surprise that Mrs. Obama’s remarks – in which she talked candidly about the hurt she and Barack Obama felt dealing with racism (“the sting of those daily slights throughout our entire lives”) – should send him reeling

Michelle Obama

But, graduates, today, I want to be very clear that those feelings are not an excuse to just throw up our hands and give up. (Applause.) Not an excuse. They are not an excuse to lose hope. To succumb to feelings of despair and anger only means that in the end, we lose. But here’s the thing—our history provides us with a better story, a better blueprint for how we can win. It teaches us that when we pull ourselves out of those lowest emotional depths, and we channel our frustrations into studying and organizing and banding together—then we can build ourselves and our communities up. We can take on those deep-rooted problems, and together—together—we can overcome anything that stands in our way.

Coulter acknowledged that America owes black America a debt but, she added, “I think we’re making it up now, when, you know you’re getting admitted to Princeton when you can’t read, is that enough yet?”

The reaction of her speech by right wingers is very telling of what they truly think.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I look at it a bit differently than it being her responsibility to use her position to provide the impetus of change. The reality is that she can't change sh!t, so I applaud her sticking her neck out there and being honest with those kids.

Telling the American youth that the whole country is based on a sense of racial harmony and well-being is like putting a cow turd between two pieces of bread and trying to sell it off to some unaware jackwagon as peanut butter.

In both cases, they eventually find out it's just dressed up bullsh!t.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Stating life experiences to those who have dealt with the same is wrong?

She also states , she and Obama did not use it as an excuse.

+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't think it's possible to "play" the victim, when one has actually been a victim.

Just an observation.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Michelle Obama Tells Black Grads That White People Make Life Tough

is a spin on what was actually said...very misleading.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Kinda reinforces her message, doesn't it.

+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think she's absolutely right to be honest.
Look around at the US right now and what is going on regarding Police etc?
She told it as it is.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
When your husband is the worst President in American History.

You have to blame somebody when everything you tried failed miserably.

Blame White People...it's worked like a charm the past 20 years.

The Chickens have come home to roost....Indeed

This is the kind of white person she was talking about.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am at a loss for words! Why does it have to be about race? The folks in her position should push peace and unity instead of this garbage ! I honestly think the president and first lady wants to divide this country and break it down which is unfortunate because so many people (our ancestors) sacrificed theirselves for this country to be GREAT! Obama said its time for a change and people voted him into office. Change for the worst is all i have seen! They need to just

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

She didn't mention white people at all. And everything she said is true.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join