It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To understand God, you have to get into Astronomy. You gotta look up.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Curiosity kills the cat. Lol

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Satisfaction brings him back!

I'm sorry op, I couldn't resist.

Eh it's cool to look up at the stars, and imagine the light shining down from so many different places in time and space...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

We cannot "understand" God. Not meant to.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

You may not be far off. I believe whomever designed our current realm made solar power to nourish all. There will be a human understanding/proof of GOD, and when all the debates cease, the basking warmth at a safe distance regarding solar power will comfort all. Our existence is necessitated by the distance. To live as we do is proof enough of our need to be humble to a power that supports all, yet so few.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

The sun is but an aspect of god which is the soul(sol) which everyone has. Just like the earth would be considered an aspect of god. And our ancestors didn't worship the sun they revered it there's a difference

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I find people like you to be the true problem of our civilization.

You know everything and yet you know nothing.

THIS WAS A FARM CAT

You took the evil actions of an bad man like my neighbour, and twisted it into me being evil.

You are one if those guys form whom

War is peace
Up is down
Good is evil
Ignorance is freedom

You are what in the old days was called a "busy body"

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I find people like you to be the true problem of our civilization.

You know everything and yet you know nothing.

THIS WAS A FARM CAT

You took the evil actions of an bad man like my neighbour, and twisted it into me being evil.

You are one if those guys form whom

War is peace
Up is down
Good is evil
Ignorance is freedom

You are what in the old days was called a "busy body"..
edit on 13-5-2015 by TorinoFer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Nice catch!

You sir, are the hand of karma in this situation.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

I guess you think farm cats are somehow less susceptible to diseases and infections?

You basically abandoned your cat and left it to the awful end it met, and if you had returned to it half a year later and it had survived chances are it would've been a miserable, worm and flea ridden mess of a pet.

The fact that you don't see that and instead blame 'the bad nan' neighbor for the suffering your cat went through explains the rambling post you replied with....

I do hope you won't decide to leave another domestic pet alone for 6 months, infact I hope you don't decide to have another pet of any kind ever again as your sense of right and wrong seem to be either incredibly warped or missing all together.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Let's not throw rocks here, the op is about more then just cats.

Karma is much discussed when it comes to metaphysics.IMO this is the result of taking the nature of cause and effect onto higher levels.

A Good God is understanding, though that doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for our actions.

I can't change the past, and my ego gets the better of me more often then i'd like.
The original post also raised the importance of repentance and how God isn't the punisher.

It's good to keep our guard up, and sincerely try to learn from our shortcomings.Without that,in life the consequences of our actions will become more obvious.
edit on 13-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 13-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Karma is (unfortunately) just wishful thinking and subjective concepts of right and wrong do not factor into cause and effect.

Like I said earlier, the OP has shown this to be the case with the lethal and criminal neglect of their pet and subsequent claims of karma taking place with the death of a 'bad man'.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
IMO, the subjective position one takes in light of their actions does make a difference.

One's emotional attachment to their decisions can have a heavier influence then the actions themselves.

It's similar to how accepting a more heliocentric model the earth's motion enabled science to recognize greater harmony in the universe at large. Motion is relative, though clinging to the idea of the heavens rotating around the earth was generally considered a stepping stone to higher understanding...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Karma is (unfortunately) just wishful thinking and subjective concepts of right and wrong do not factor into cause and effect.

Like I said earlier, the OP has shown this to be the case with the lethal and criminal neglect of their pet and subsequent claims of karma taking place with the death of a 'bad man'.

Karma means 'Action'. Nothing more, nothing less. Nowhere in any ancient text is it referred to as the prosecutor of wrong doings, or the rewarded or punisher of good and bad actions. Karma is action. Action begets reaction. It's cosmic balance.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.[2] Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering

According to the Hindus

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorinoFer
For this reason God is willing to forgive bad things if you are sorry.

And if you are not sorry, God is gonna make you sorry by doing absolutely nothing. Universe is already designed to reflect your bad actions back at you, all it takes is time. Take the USA, so fine and mighty, and yet it will fall.

How does that happen. That's not a coincidence.

How do you explain children that have been abused, neglected, starved and died after suffering for a long time? If your God is real, why does he allow the most innocent of creatures to suffer like that? What kind of God forgives a killer because he is sorry, but allows the endless torture of a child?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

For this reason God is willing to forgive bad things if you are sorry.

And if you are not sorry, God is gonna make you sorry by doing absolutely nothing. Universe is already designed to reflect your bad actions back at you, all it takes is time. Take the USA, so fine and mighty, and yet it will fall.

How do you explain children that have been abused, neglected, starved and died after suffering for a long time? If your God is real, why does he allow the most innocent of creatures to suffer like that? What kind of God forgives a killer because he is sorry, but allows the endless torture of a child?

It is not Gods fault that we humans abuse children. We can not blame God for all the evil we do.

That is like blaming Obama for all the crap we do for him. People just dont have a mind to think With these days.

I am amaised at how stupid People are. We dont have to do evil deeds, but we choose to do them any way. Is that really Gods fault?

According to the bible these People will get what they deserve.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Contradictions once again..... if God is omniscient then there is no free will as God knows it all already even before we do it. And, according to the Bible, God knows, plans and predetermines all (Roman 8:29, Psalms 139:16, etc). So which is it? God predetermines the suffering at the hand of others? Or the Bible lies and he is not omniscient?

Also, some children suffer horrendously due to cruel diseases like cancer, which have nothing to do with the free will you have mentioned. What kind off God creates cancer to make innocent children suffer?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: spy66

Contradictions once again..... if God is omniscient then there is no free will as God knows it all already even before we do it. And, according to the Bible, God knows, plans and predetermines all (Roman 8:29, Psalms 139:16, etc). So which is it? God predetermines the suffering at the hand of others? Or the Bible lies and he is not omniscient?

Also, some children suffer horrendously due to cruel diseases like cancer, which have nothing to do with the free will you have mentioned. What kind off God creates cancer to make innocent children suffer?

True....... according to the bible the future is already set. It dosent matter what we do because we will do exactly according to Gods word. Because he has set it in Our harts to fulfill his Words.

There are individuals wirtten in the book of life. And there are the once who are not...the once who are not written in...these individuals are the opposition to the once who are written in the book. These People dont belive in God but rule of man.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Reading holy books is fine but somewhat limiting, meditating is fine too. But my own breakthroughs in understanding God came from watching documentaries on stars, planets and universe.

To understand God you gotta think big, big picture. Put yourself in God's place. Shock and awe - God style baby.

God is someone who understands cause and effect several degrees over, that's God. For this reason God is willing to forgive bad things if you are sorry.

My neighbour tortured my cat with thirst and hunger, he is now dead, natural causes. He died way before his time in terms of age.

Some people call it karma.

Valid point
Reminds me of this scripture...
Romans 1:20
&
Isaiah 40:26

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

These diseases are products of our physical world. Human health plays a role in these developments. Humans chose to go in this direction, God does not predestine. He may know the future outcomes but he gives people a chance to choose which is why he states things like this...
Deut 30:19,20
That's free will at play.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join