It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To understand God, you have to get into Astronomy. You gotta look up.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The Bible, the traditional "God" handbook, is chock full of a lot more astrology than astronomy. Astrology gives you signs in the heavens and tells you when your prophets are going to be born.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, but he is in a much better place now, one free from cruelty and hunger.

All actions have effects, and karma awaits.

Good or not, that's up to the individual.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't know what is more sad. Your psychotic rantings about how you neglected your cat, that you think you know God and Karma exist, or that you also feel you can predict the future.

Also, rule #1 of being a troll is to reply to threads that you start with the same account.

TorinoFer, Ritter327, I am sure you have many more accounts.

So much fail it hurts.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
Wait, I'm confused... Did Ritter (joined 5/5/15) just reply FOR Torino (also joined 5/5/15) or are there two tortured kitties and evil neighbors?

Oops, I think someone just slipped up and revealed they are using two memberships... Highly frowned upon here and against T&C's...
FAIL!

Him and his sock puppets have been trolling ATS for weeks now..

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

True....... according to the bible the future is already set. It dosent matter what we do because we will do exactly according to Gods word. Because he has set it in Our harts to fulfill his Words.

There are individuals wirtten in the book of life. And there are the once who are not...the once who are not written in...these individuals are the opposition to the once who are written in the book. These People dont belive in God but rule of man.

Sorry, my friend, but you are just stating yet more contradictions again: you say that no matter what we do we will do exactly what he has planned, and you also say that the people that are not in the book of life are there because they don't believe in God.... well, going by your first paragraph, they don't believe because your God doesn't want them to believe as all humans do exactly what he has planned for them.

Like I said before: God is either omniscient or he is not, he can't be both.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
a reply to: Agartha

These diseases are products of our physical world. Human health plays a role in these developments. Humans chose to go in this direction, God does not predestine. He may know the future outcomes but he gives people a chance to choose which is why he states things like this...
Deut 30:19,20
That's free will at play.

Really? The Bible states very clearly that God predetermines our lives, and that he also plans them according to what he wants and there is nothing we can do about it.. this says in the Bible: Job 14:5, Acts 17:26, Roman 8:29, Psalms 139:16, etc). I was a believer, I grew up a Christian until I read the Bible... a book of contradictions.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

What kind of a GOD lets a cat get tortured like that?

One who gave free will to humans.
Human being are not robots. Or did you not notice?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

One who gave free will to humans.
Human being are not robots. Or did you not notice?

Yes because us 'being robots' is the only other alternative.....

such a weak defense to apparent inaction of an all powerful, all loving, all everything god type creature.....bleh

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Bad things happen even to Pauline "Christians", who believed Jesus already took the punishment for all their sins.

The Royal Law of God, that you do unto others as you would have them do to you (Matthew 7:12) still stands as the rule for Peace, not following this is sin and leads to wars/violence/stress.

In order to have Mercy, you must give it, because only through giving Mercy can you understand it more and therefore understand God more.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy" (Matthew 5:7).

link   

Bad things happen even to Pauline "Christians", who believed Jesus already took the punishment for all their sins.

The Royal Law of God, that you do unto others as you would have them do to you (Matthew 7:12) still stands as the rule for Peace, not following this is sin and leads to wars/violence/stress.

In order to have Mercy, you must give it, because only through giving Mercy can you understand it more and therefore understand God more.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy" (Matthew 5:7).

link   

link   

link   

edit on 16-5-2015 by arpgme because: double post

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

God is willing to forgive bad things if you are sorry.

And if you are not sorry, God is gonna make you sorry by doing absolutely nothing. Universe is already designed to reflect your bad actions back at you, all it takes is time.

Can you explain how you came to these conclusions by studying astronomy?

Please be specific.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

A dog god?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yet still there is no retributive force acting.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.startribune.com...

A son and his father are walking in the mountains. Suddenly, the boy falls, scrapes his knee and screams.

To the son’s surprise, he hears his scream repeating somewhere in the mountains.

Curious, he yells, “Who are you?” He receives the same answer. Angered at the response, he screams, “Coward,” and hears the same thing in return.

He looks to his father and asks, “What’s going on?”

The father smiles and says, “My son, pay attention.” And he screams to the mountain, “I admire you!” Again the man screams, “You are a champion,” both times hearing his words echoed back to him. The boy is surprised, but does not understand.

Then the father explains: “People call this echo, but really this is life.(www.startribune.com...)"

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Well Played

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join