It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To understand God, you have to get into Astronomy. You gotta look up.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Reading holy books is fine but somewhat limiting, meditating is fine too. But my own breakthroughs in understanding God came from watching documentaries on stars, planets and universe.

To understand God you gotta think big, big picture. Put yourself in God's place. Shock and awe - God style baby.

God is someone who understands cause and effect several degrees over, that's God. For this reason God is willing to forgive bad things if you are sorry.

And if you are not sorry, God is gonna make you sorry by doing absolutely nothing. Universe is already designed to reflect your bad actions back at you, all it takes is time. Take the USA, so fine and mighty, and yet it will fall.

How does that happen. That's not a coincidence.

My neighbour tortured my cat with thirst and hunger, he is now dead, natural causes. He died way before his time in terms of age.

Some people call it karma.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorinoFer

My neighbour tortured my cat with thirst and hunger, he is now dead, natural causes. He died way before his time in terms of age.

Some people call it karma.

Your cat....or the neighbour?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I was away for 6 months and I left my cat outside on large property with everything the poor thing would need for more than a year.

I figure she would probably get pregnant by the time I was back but that's ok she had plenty of space, covered nooks, soft stuff, flowing pool with fresh water. Endless food she was trained to obtain.

I did everything

4 months later my neighbour took my cat off my property, or managed to get her on his property first

Looked her up in a wine cellar and left her in agony.

I was furious, he died few years later before his time

Karma is a bic*

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

You don't have to know god to know wrath.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ritter327
a reply to: nerbot

I was away for 6 months and I left my cat outside on large property with everything the poor thing would need for more than a year.

I figure she would probably get pregnant by the time I was back but that's ok she had plenty of space, covered nooks, soft stuff, flowing pool with fresh water. Endless food she was trained to obtain.

I did everything

4 months later my neighbour took my cat off my property, or managed to get her on his property first

Looked her up in a wine cellar and left her in agony.

I was furious, he died few years later before his time

Karma is a bic*

Another reason as to why I really can't stand people.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

I did everything 

Some would call that neglect....

To leave a domestic cat alone for 6 months is outrageous. Anything could've happened to it even during the first night it was alone, accidents happen plus there are many conditions and illnesses that domestic cats are prone to.

And to say you did everything is ridiculous..... everything that happened to that cat and the suffering it endured was down to you alone.

Karma most obviously does not exist....

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

You should hope Karma isn't real.

You abandoned your cat and didn't even have her spayed so she could get pregnant and there are 3 to 4 million cats euthanized each year in pounds across the country yet you think it is a good idea for there to be more.

You have taken irresponsibility to a new level.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Just a heads up…

Wow moments are a form of worship. Marveling at the handiwork sort of thing. We enjoy those from time to time, they come out of the blue, fulfilling our awareness. Marveling about life, our place and purpose is a gift.

Enjoy your journey.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm becoming convinced more and more that that big old Sun in our sky
is God. Everything and I mean everything on this planet not only owes
it's existence to it, but also sends admiration and glory it's way everyday.

Flowers trees plants all point up to it as if to say
"I don't know what yall are doing humans,
but we are rejoicing in the real living God."

Watch birds gather at Sunrise and Sunset to say Hello and Goodbye
to God. The last time humans who understood this
on such a grand scale were the Egyptians. Pyramids (Fire)
are the relationship between the Sun and Earth.

Sunrise( Ra) and Sunset (Set). The hour,horizon (Horus).
We still use these terms but don't realize their genesis.
Obviously I could go on and on but you get the picture.

The Sun just might be sentient.
Which also may explain that just as the world began to heat up
from human global warming, the Sun backed its power down
and started cooling us down.
The ice age is here btw...
We can thank God for that..

Op The way you described training your cat for survival,
I kept picturing it going through obstacle courses, carrying an assualt rifle
and swinging on monkey bars like those terrorist training camp
videos we've all seen.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let's see if I get it.

To understand God I need to understand why TorinoFer abandoned his cat for 6 months, then try to figured out how his neighbor trap him and kill the poor kitty. Now I have karma to explain the dead neighbor.

I don't get it.
What astronomy has to do with all this?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You say that the United States is destined to fall and attribute it to God's wrath, but that is silly. All things eventually come to an end. The United States is no exception. Attributing a totality to God's wrath is a fallacy because that implies that the reason that ANYTHING dies or ends is because God is angry at it.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Any empire is destined to fall. Sooner or later all of the empires through history has fallen.
That's nothing new.

I agree with you.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wait, I'm confused... Did Ritter (joined 5/5/15) just reply FOR Torino (also joined 5/5/15) or are there two tortured kitties and evil neighbors?

Oops, I think someone just slipped up and revealed they are using two memberships... Highly frowned upon here and against T&C's...
FAIL!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Astronomy got me closer to God!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Any empire is destined to fall. Sooner or later all of the empires through history has fallen.
That's nothing new.

I agree with you.

Even atoms have an expiry date though it is longer than the assumed max age of the universe. So unless that assumption is wrong, they will exist for the length of the universe at least.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And to say you did everything is ridiculous..... everything that happened to that cat and the suffering it endured was down to you alone. Karma most obviously does not exist....
a reply to: Prezbo369

Oh, I beg to differ. Karma exists alright, but the exact time frame in which it acts is unknowable.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Astronomy got me closer to God!
a reply to: abeverage

Your words are a thing of beauty to my eyes....

To me, our CREATOR put all things in place and allocated an eternity, to me being able to find my way back to HIM / HER.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To know God is to be God.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Lol, let's not kill the messenger. When looking for faults it's better to use a mirror, not a telescope.

It's hard not to feel a sense of awe and wonder contemplating the night sky. The concept of karma snuck up in this thread rather quickly. Who doesn't have lessons to learn?

Idk, it looks like civilizations have risen and fallen throughout history, the heavens have always helped mark the passage of time. Whether helping man to move past hunting and gathering, the rise of agriculture and higher pursuits, it seems to all tie into life here for those who still look.
edit on 12-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: added reply

edit on 12-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What kind of a GOD lets a cat get tortured like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join