It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating Tom Brady suspended 4 games by the N.F.L .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I thought it should have been 16 games! What do you all think?

www.nfl.com...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

Four games is more then enough.

I think the draft pick, first round that is, being taken is to much if they are going to suspend him for four.

At the end of the day, the whole issue didn't alter the game what so ever.

Check his second half stats after the balls were no longer deflated to see why.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As a Jets fan, I approve this post! S & F to you sir!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
For rubbing and getting his balls where he likes them.

Deflating...

It will never hold up on appeal.

edit on 11-5-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
4 games mean "games" right? Not weeks? Because they have the bye in week 4. That could actually be their season. Host the Steelers. Go to Buffalo(who may actually take that division this year). Host the Jags. OK. They can win that one without Brady. Bye week and then go to Dallas. By week 5 they could be 1-3.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I bet they will appeal and get it down to 2 games.

But if it doesn't the bye week should not count.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm surprised they didn't make a bigger issue of it than four games.

They must only have had evidence that the balls were altered for that one half of that one game, but it's hard to see how it may not have happened in other games also. However, you can't punish without proof. Now, I'm going to take flask for this, but it's known that Limbaugh is a football person, and he has his conspiracy theory. His theory is that the Pats/Colts game was a sting intended to catch the Pats.

I mean, whether there's an anti-Brady agenda or not, whatever was going on here was placed above the integrity of that game. Stop and think of that, folks. They could have seen to it that that game was played with properly inflated footballs. They could have stopped everything. They still would have the problem. I mean, they might have had to announce that they had found some underinflated footballs that they are gonna investigate, but the game would have been played. I know the outcome was 45-7 Patriots. It was a blowout and that kind of thing. But still, in the after fact here, everybody knows that the league let a game be played with less than properly inflated footballs to regulation level.

So they were obviously trying to get somebody for something here. They wanted, they hoped to catch people in the act. They were treating it extremely seriously. And the agent is saying that happened because they brought in political people. They didn't bring in football people. Football people would have dealt with this in an entirely different way. You bring in these political people, yeah, that's right, politics is what? Politics is gotcha, politics is discrediting your opponent, politics is impugning your opponent and getting rid of your opponent, getting your opponent off the field, not debating, not fairness, not sportsmanship, none of that. That's not what politics is today.

So the agent's instincts here are right on the money. He knew exactly what was going on here. Which leads me to believe, and I have no idea where this is right now, but somebody somewhere really wanted to get the Patriots. Now, we could speculate why that might be. There are as many reasons for that as there are people in the league office. And I don't have any inside information on any of that. But it is clear that somebody somewhere really wanted the Patriots to be got and gotten good here. I don't know that that's happened.

There's more to it at the link. Rush predicted back in January that if they suspected Brady and were out to catch him, they would interview everyone else and then bring in Brady last, and recent interviews with Brady's agent more or less confirm this is what happened.

So, did the NFL set up Brady with a sting? Did they knowingly allow a play off game to be played with compromised integrity when they didn't have to in order to set up Brady?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

As a Steelers Fan... I'm loving it. Honestly I thought 2-3 games would be handed down. But 4 is better.

To add... Steelers are going to need all the help they can get this year.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yeah I thought this was real light sentence. I really think Goodell has this golden boys that he is not going to come down hard on. We have seen it before with Big Ben. There are these certain players that just get off lightly. Me and a friend of mine have this theory I don't want to get into a racial debate but.....

I mean I was thinking at least 6-8 games. I mean he was caught cheating red handed right? I don't even think he has denied it. He has just made jokes about it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Cheating is cheating are going to hold up the integrity of the game

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Would it change anything if they did?

Stings are how you catch people right?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The organization is multi offender of cheating though if it wasn't for Mangini (past jets head coach) they would have never found out about spygate. Because Eric was an assistant to Bellicheck before he left for the jets job.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Yes, cheating is cheating but the punishment needs to fit the crime.

This will have been his first offense, spygate was all billy imo.

To say he needed 16 games is just over the top.

And taking a first round draft pick is huge, especially in combination of taking your start QB out for four games.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

That's one way, but the head official at the game, if they were primarily concerned about a clean contest, could have noticed right away the inconsistencies in the timing of how the balls were brought to him and thrown out the Pat's balls demanding new ones just to rule out tampering. And investigation could have gone on afterward, but that isn't what happened.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As each play is started, the ref is the last to hold the ball before placement to the center. if this had ANY effect, it should have been noticed at least once by the professional rules enforcer during the game or games. the opposing quarterback, kicker, holder, even running back should have noticed it and said something, anything. If this was anything of any significance, it would have been noticed by the overpaid professional ball players. BTW, I am not a patriots fan...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't think the NFL would've dropped the hammer unless they were absolutely sure.

The bottom line is he lied.

That's going to hurt him more in the long run. He has been a golden boy his entire career. He needs to acknowledge the fact he broke the rules and lied about it. No matter how ridiculous the rule may be.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ya I get what you are saying.
I wonder if they had to let it carry out so they can say it actually happened, not that it almost happened.

Much more plausible deniability with them never making it to the field.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

Not everyone handles the ball the same way a QB does.
Refs don't have them in their hands much and tbh, I wouldn't put it past them to not know the difference.

It is said that Mike Adams, a colts player, was the one that alerted the NFL from their previous meeting that season and that got the ball rolling.
Also pretty sure the teams each use different balls, I could be wrong there tho.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm not excusing or justifying cheating but it goes on all the time...whether the receiver tries to get a few more inches by moving the ball up to get that first down, the PK Subbans that love to embellish a hit in hockey to draw a penalty or the many baseball players that are on enhancing drugs...it happens and it will continue to happen so suck it up and wish away for a thousand suspensions.

Should we ban Tiger Woods for getting lasik surgery because that gives him an unfair advantage over other golfers who may choose not to get the surgery because they are afraid of complications...

I'm just making some points for those who may not even watch sports but feel as though they should comment on the situation...

edit on 11-5-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2015 by chrismarco because: couldn't write a paragraph if my life depended on it

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
[/yvid]

No appeal..they are taking their medicine...despite his somewhat checkered history in this area I would love for PK to play for the Bruins!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join