It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chip

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I believe you misunderstood what I wrote.

I don't care about hooking my i-pod to it. I am going to run i-tunes hooked up to a passport drive with all my music so when I come across a song I don't like I can delete it instead of simply going to the next song.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Kashai

I think this is cool. I may put one in my truck with a small screen and wireless keyboard. One of those in a stereo would be boss. I imagine a computer in all sorts of places.

Or just do it all w your smart phone

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Question: Downloading iTunes for Linux

While iTunes is the dominant music store/music player app on the Mac OS and Windows, what about Linux users? Just because they're using open-source, instead of commercial, systems, they shouldn't be left out of the iTunes fun, right? So, if you're a Linux user interested in getting iTunes, you're probably wondering where you can download iTunes for Linux?

Answer:

The simplest answer, unfortunately, is that you can't. Apple, for whatever reason, doesn't make a natively compatible iTunes for Linux. But that doesn't mean that it's impossible to run iTunes on Linux. It just means that it's a little harder.

In order to use iTunes on Linux, you'll first need to install WINE, a program that adds a compatibility layers that allows Linux computers to run Windows programs. WINE is a free download available here.

Once WINE is installed, check to see if your version of Linux needs any extras installed to support iTunes or its files.

Then, download a 32-bit Windows version of iTunes from Apple and install it. It will install in the same way as if you were installing it on Windows.

Source

Sounds like child's play.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter
$587 vs. $60 including tax?

edit on 10-5-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter
$787 vs. $60 including tax?

Except most already have a smart phone

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There are 7 billion people on this planet and how would you define "most"?

With all due respect perhaps at best 1.5 billion people have a smart phone on Planet Earth.

There Will Be 1.4 Billion Smartphones In Use By December (ABI Research via VentureBeat)

By the end of this current year, 1.4 billion smartphones will be in use: 798 million of them will run Android, 294 million will run Apple’s iOS, and 45 million will run Windows Phone, according to a new study by ABI Research. With the world population at 7 billion that will mean one phone for every five people in the world. The annual smartphone growth rate in 2013 is projected to be 44 percent, which is just ever-so-slightly down from 2012′s 45 percent but is still a torrid pace. ABI also predicts that 20 million BlackBerry 10 phones will be in active use at year-end. The result of that growth is a global customer market share of 57 percent for Android, 21 percent of iOS, and 3 percent for Windows Phone. This sounds big for Android, but is actually significantly down from its third-quarter 2012 performance, in which Android captured almost 70 percent global market share. Read >>

Source

Suggesting what?????

Any thoughts?
edit on 10-5-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter

a reply to: Kashai

I think this is cool. I may put one in my truck with a small screen and wireless keyboard. One of those in a stereo would be boss. I imagine a computer in all sorts of places.

Or just do it all w your smart phone

Sounds great. Can you explain to me how I can hook my Galaxy s3 to a passport hard drive to access the 500 + gigs of music I have on there and what program I can use to delete the songs I don't like instead of simply skipping to the next track?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Question: Downloading iTunes for Linux

While iTunes is the dominant music store/music player app on the Mac OS and Windows, what about Linux users? Just because they're using open-source, instead of commercial, systems, they shouldn't be left out of the iTunes fun, right? So, if you're a Linux user interested in getting iTunes, you're probably wondering where you can download iTunes for Linux?

Answer:

The simplest answer, unfortunately, is that you can't. Apple, for whatever reason, doesn't make a natively compatible iTunes for Linux. But that doesn't mean that it's impossible to run iTunes on Linux. It just means that it's a little harder.

In order to use iTunes on Linux, you'll first need to install WINE, a program that adds a compatibility layers that allows Linux computers to run Windows programs. WINE is a free download available here.

Once WINE is installed, check to see if your version of Linux needs any extras installed to support iTunes or its files.

Then, download a 32-bit Windows version of iTunes from Apple and install it. It will install in the same way as if you were installing it on Windows.

Source

Sounds like child's play.

Any thoughts?

thoughts? sure. it's all BS and you can't understand what i'm saying, i'm starting to doubt you even bothered to read it.

no. it will NOT work. wine works only on x86 processors, because itunes and all other desktop software - for windows or osx - works on x86 processors.

this 'computer' doesn't have x86 processor, it uses arm architecture found in smartphones.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't care about hooking my i-pod to it. I am going to run i-tunes hooked up to a passport drive with all my music so when I come across a song I don't like I can delete it instead of simply going to the next song.

i didn't. you did.

it will NOT work. period.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It will work. The thing is you do not understand the extent the internet is organized outside the realm you think it works under.

Try accessing ATS on a 90's type cell phone and in actuality you can, I used to do it all the time.

There are levels in respect to the internet you simply do not comprehend and they are still active.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It will work. The thing is you do not understand the extent the internet is organized outside the realm you think it works under.

Try accessing ATS on a 90's type cell phone and in actuality you can, I used to do it all the time.

There are levels in respect to the internet you simply do not comprehend.

stop blabling nonsense, because you may trick someone into buying such crap because they'll believe in what you're saying.

i'm a programmer with two decades of experience. i know what i'm talking about.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

My first computer ran on a 14.900 baud modem and ran really fast in those days. My current computer has a dual core processor, 4 gigs of ram and so on....can you explain why it is running just as fast as my computer from the 80''s?????

You have no idea what you are talking about and are not taking into consideration many issues.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

i didn't. you did.

lol...If you insist.

I will find out next May for sure when I get mine. I sent them a message asking if I can download WINE to use i-tunes with my passport drive. Once I get a reply to my question I will post their answer here.

Even if it doesn't it comes preloaded with media player so I know I can make it do what I want.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

My first computer ran on a 14.900 baud modem and ran really fast in those days. My current computer has a dual core processor, 4 gigs of ram and so on....can you explain why it is running just as fast as my computer from the 80''s?????

You have no idea what you are talking about and are not taking into consideration many issues.

go and check on wine's website if it will work on anything else than x86 cpu. the answer is - it won't.

then check what kind of cpu this thing has. the answer is - allwinner arm cpu.

then stop smoking whatever crap you're smoking and come back when you'll realize what kind of epic BS you've written in your recent posts here. this thing doesn't even have enough power to run current android version properly.

and as far as your PC goes - it's all down to the software and its requirements. were you running windows 7 or 8.1 on your first PC? of course not. itunes? doubtful. go check itunes hardware requirements on apple's website.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You sound like some kind of rich person who does not know how to access the internet at a lower cost.

That is obvious and perhaps you should look into that???

Stop wasting this threads time.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

i didn't. you did.

lol...If you insist.

I will find out next May for sure when I get mine. I sent them a message asking if I can download WINE to use i-tunes with my passport drive. Once I get a reply to my question I will post their answer here.

Even if it doesn't it comes preloaded with media player so I know I can make it do what I want.

no, i don't insist. i KNOW.

but hey, it's your money. i won't be the one that will be surprised.

with some linux media player, you should be fine - as long as the preloaded one is anything decent. it's linux though, so you shouldn't have problems with installing different player.

but if you're planning to use the touchscreen, i would strongly recommend installing android - some older version perhaps, the latest one won't be a pleasant experience on 512mb of ram. that is, assuming someone will make android install for that device, because i'm not sure if the producers will.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You sound like some kind of rich person who does not know how to access the internet at a lower cost.

That is obvious and perhaps you should look into that???

Stop wasting this threads time.

first, i'm not rich.

second, you're terribly, terribly mistaken about my knowledge and experience, especially in regard to computers.

and finally, what the f... is it that you're smoking, mate?

your last few posts in this thread are absolutely nothing but trolling. i'm done with you.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You are rich if you are part of the 1.5 billion who have a smart phone.

Their are levels and orders to accessing the internet that you obviously have complete ignorance of.

I am done with you as well

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19332128]jedi_hamster and finally, what the f... is it that you're smoking, mate?

Lol nice one.
Prolly a schwarze cuban cigar

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Not smoking a thing, I asked a question that me lady did not answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join