It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When You Elect Climate Change Deniers

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: SuperFrog

california has plenty of water but they are mismanaging it over a SMELT. a fish that dont effect the environment hardly at all.

Can you provide evidence to your claim??

Year No. 4 of California's severe, long-term drought will be a turning point, because the state might not have enough water in the reservoirs to make it to next year, according to one NASA water expert.

Jay Famiglietti, NASA's senior water scientist, wrote in a Los Angeles Times op-ed that the Golden State has depleted its water resources so much that it'll all be gone in about one year. He came to his conclusion by using NASA satellites to study maps of the San Joaquin and Sacramento river basins.

"We're not just up a creek without a paddle in California, we're losing the creek too," he wrote.

Source: www.weather.com...

For your info, snow that would help... well it's not there...

www.nbclosangeles.com...

You wanted some more information i have it.
water shortage info

Yes i know Joe the plumbers site. I have another for ya that touches on the same issues
Water shortage info 2

SO im not just stating something blindly.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I couldn't help that you mentioned NOAA:

Just released from NOAA, guess you all will be wanting there funding to be cut as well?

March 2015 was the warmest March since record-keeping began in 1880, says the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Association. And the first quarter of 2015 was the warmest first quarter on record in those same 136 years.

That gives 2015 a stab at trumping the hottest year on record -- which was 2014.

CNN

So ?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Some/many scientists who are on the government soup line have been caught putting out false data, so which ones have integrity and which ones don't?

Perhaps you have a list?

Scientists don't have integrity just because they are scientists

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Who in your mind actually pays taxes?
Does getting a refund mean you paid no taxes?

Also doubt ole barry is reading this, and if he was it wouldn't be his call alone
You think the current congress would allow such a vast amount of money to just be re-distributed out?

And of course it is only our 'liberal' gov that takes this stance, all over the rest of the world they agree with you I bet.
/sarcasm

1. Anyone who pays more (paycheck deduction) than what they get back.

2. No...they wouldn't. Hence my "deal".

3. The current administration is liberal/progressive. When the Reps are in the WH...I will refer to them.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tridentblue

Yea, I can understand why people don't believe it. It's something that changes very slightly with each year and humans are notoriously short sighted. So it is no surprise that they wouldn't believe these things, but it should be noted that this past 2015 winter was the warmest on record. The only place that was cold, was the east coast. Naturally, these politicians are located on the east coast... Sooooo... They stupidly think the whole world shared similar temperatures.

And yet all 50 states were cold, the great lakes started to freeze two weeks early, some states had four times their usual amount of snow, Arctic ice was at it highest in years, (just like the south pole is now), yes warm alright.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is a difficult debate for me to vote on.
Having a line item veto on our green world project list is still important to me.
The problem is that once the public conscientiously accepts a "disaster situation" any and all methods to resolve the accepted situation become viable without question or debate.

For example we could set off clean Hydrogen bombs in the vents of volcanoes to locally release pressure on the Earths crust avoiding earthquakes. The ash and soot from the volcanic eruptions would circle the earth in the upper atmosphere. Natural volcanic activity and or asteroid strikes have been "proven" to be the trigger for ice ages. Jets would have to divert their routes and the increased fuel use would help the oil industry recover from depressed oil prices and promote more fracking.

I guess there is really no sense of replying to this thread, when people at the airport try to get me to F`lie it always ends up like a scene from the movie Rainman. I always seem to end up voting with the autistic.

That's not to say there isn't a problem, in the past our environmental solutions have always come late, sometimes too late when whole geographical areas need to be evacuated for decades. There was no debate over the need for the atomic bomb.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Do people even realize there are 100 or more ancient cities/settlements UNDER WATER in the Mediterranean Sea?

The Earth changes. We know this.

The Earth is STILL changing, we also know this.

Better to prepare than have a foolhardy belief that we can somehow stop it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
healthy skepticism

LOL - healthy skepticism != ignorant denial

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Much ado about nothing... Chicken Little. a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: elfrog
Much ado about nothing... Chicken Little. a reply to: Krazysh0t

And yet the onset of the dark ages was brought about by anti-intellectuals, men and women such as those who now holds power.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
You wanted some more information i have it.
water shortage info

Yes i know Joe the plumbers site. I have another for ya that touches on the same issues
Water shortage info 2

SO im not just stating something blindly.

Even both sites are in some sort of denial, did it occur to you that both sites are not giving solution, but just temporarily fix?!

Do you understand that by prolonging this political non-sense we are actually changing worst case scenario with very probable scenario. There will be point where even if we best try to reverse change, we will not be able to do it and it will not help as someone suggested planting few trees... to fix global problem.

Please, comment this video...

It was done 6 years ago, and we see some of things actually happening... migration of birds, we had earlier warm time followed by frost that killed 80% apples here in Michigan where I live, we are living changes...
edit on 9-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

a reply to: tridentblue

Yea, I can understand why people don't believe it. It's something that changes very slightly with each year and humans are notoriously short sighted. So it is no surprise that they wouldn't believe these things, but it should be noted that this past 2015 winter was the warmest on record. The only place that was cold, was the east coast. Naturally, these politicians are located on the east coast... Sooooo... They stupidly think the whole world shared similar temperatures.

And yet all 50 states were cold, the great lakes started to freeze two weeks early, some states had four times their usual amount of snow, Arctic ice was at it highest in years, (just like the south pole is now), yes warm alright.

Erm, no. The USA =/= the rest of the world. This is somewhat worrying.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

It is insulting to call science a religion
Is religion not a means of worship ? Science is looking for truth and true religion looks for the truth . Difference is that one looks to the material world while the other looks to the spiritual world . Religion is a difference of text books and the beliefs about those text books .

Not. EVEN. close. Science is defined by the scientific method that requires us to gather evidence and use that evidence to describe a process in the universe; it updates itself regularly as new evidence is brought to light. Religion is a dogmatic set of beliefs that is unchangeable. Religion doesn't leave room for being wrong. At no point do the religious ever consider that their beliefs could be wrong, because that would shake their faith. Science on the other hand REVELS in people doubting its claims.

Your blind trust that Science, monitors itself Scientifically is funny.

But somehow the theories proposed by people who want to appear like they are necessary (Man Made Climate Change Theorists) want to frame the debate about how and what is going on without ever actually presenting a clear case.

If this kind of Science was used in building my computer I would eat my hat.

SCIENCE is too broad of a word, you have to admit, that no one is overseeing ANYTHING with this, and no one can be trusted, and yet you want to believe so badly someone out there is making sure that you are being told the full truths.

That is indeed, religious.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Good! As a taxpayer I am happy to see at least some judicious use of my money rather than wasting it on crackpot theories which have gained "consensus" purely due to funding threats and shouting down of dissent.

And by crackpot theories, you mean really good scientific work by some of the smartest, brightest people in the world?

And then even worse...the funding cuts proposed aren't really for any of "them dang crackpot theories" They're to collect data so that we'll have real and good information to make informed decisions.

You get that they're cutting science and data collection, so that we'll know what's really going on.

Because it costs billions to take measurements of air and gases.

WTF a high school class could do a better job than all of these so-called scientists have done in the last 200 years.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

But what about all the Scientists The "97%" ? of them? I'll admit the number probably isn't 97%, but it's a majority. And then you have good scientific organizations like NASA. If you don't believe them about climate change or man made warming, then why would you trust them on anything like aliens or the moon landings?

When science becomes politicised, then all data must be suspect.

Because you can't honestly sit there and state that it hasn't.

That's the thing Beez. It's NOT politicized outside the US. Outside of the US it's scientific fact. There reason for the politicization is because it doesn't feed American lobbies and would actually cost money to do anything about this.

That is one of the more dumb things I could have read all day.

EVERYTHING is politicized EVERYWHERE, ALL OF THE TIME.

And this topic is likely even MORE politicized around the world than here.

What planet you on ??

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

But what about all the Scientists The "97%" ? of them? I'll admit the number probably isn't 97%, but it's a majority. And then you have good scientific organizations like NASA. If you don't believe them about climate change or man made warming, then why would you trust them on anything like aliens or the moon landings?

That's the thing Beez. It's NOT politicized outside the US. Outside of the US it's scientific fact. There reason for the politicization is because it doesn't feed American lobbies and would actually cost money to do anything about this.

What planet you on ??

I live in the UK. Climate change is not controversial here, it's accepted science. It hasn't been politicised. You know why? We listen to our scientists and we aren't in the grip of the anti-intellectualism that seems to be softening the minds of the leaders of the GOP.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What planet you on ??

Fact refuted with insults and ignorance. Yup, that what CC is in the US. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Crackpot theories? Really?!? Crackpot theories is Congressmen Smith attending more meetings on aliens than on climate change real or imagined. How are you going to be informed on a matter if you don't even read up on the background reading? Then Smith has the GALL to say that climate change is unproven. Typical science denialism...

Dude, I've learned on here that most of the denialists have NOT read the actual studies. They frequently bring up such things as natural climate change, sun cycles, etc, when ALL of those are already addressed and accounted for.

Generally speaking, they don't have relevant scientific training either (if they have any at all).

Sorry denialists, your biochemistry degree or engineering degree doesn't make you magically a climate scientist.

Scientific training, lol, that often means, being made wholly to believe in a flawed system.

Religion and science, no difference much of the time.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Scientific training, lol, that often means, being made wholly to believe in a flawed system.

Religion and science, no difference much of the time.

It is just mind-blowing that in order to degrade science you use word 'religion'. Thank you for that, even you don't seem to know thing or two about scientist...

Here is your future scientific reading... we might share fruits of this ignorance, but at least we will try... you... I doubt you would even realize what hits you...

edit on 9-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Only in the east? I guess I just imagined the last two bone chilling winters where my kids school was closed multiple times due to the cold.....in iowa

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join