It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When You Elect Climate Change Deniers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxusillian
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Only in the east? I guess I just imagined the last two bone chilling winters where my kids school was closed multiple times due to the cold.....in iowa

Our oops. We forgot that the whole world is located in Iowa.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxusillian

Only in the east? I guess I just imagined the last two bone chilling winters where my kids school was closed multiple times due to the cold.....in iowa

If you watch video I posted before, you would see that scientist predicted stronger storms that will lead into super-storms, something we humans have not seen before. Video was recorded in 2009, they missed the town, but what they say it will start happening it actually did happen.

And video was 'worst possible scenario'?!

Do you understand what term 'weather extremes' mean?
edit on 9-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Scientific training, lol, that often means, being made wholly to believe in a flawed system.

Religion and science, no difference much of the time.

Something tells me that you lack 'scientific training'.

Religion is based on faith, while science is based on the scientific method which includes making accurate observations, identifying problems, hypothesize solutions to said problems, and if possible conduct controlled experiments to verify or nix the hypothesis.

Religion and science are very much different. Again I am not sure why so many are insistent they are the same.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

And yet all 50 states were cold, the great lakes started to freeze two weeks early, some states had four times their usual amount of snow, Arctic ice was at it highest in years, (just like the south pole is now), yes warm alright.

All 50 states were cold. Well, my goodness, it was after all winter. I had a few cold days, but I've seen colder. Most of the country had a warmer than average winter. January through March, for the vast majority of the planet was warmer than average. In both hemispheres.

In the US, in the past 365 days there have been 63 all time high temperature records set. In the US, in the past 365 days there have been 23 all time low temperature records set. Those are not very even numbers. Those numbers might seem to indicate that the US is getting warmer rather than colder or showing no change.

Globally, in the past 365 days there have been 128 all time high temperature records set. Globally, in the past 365 days there have been 61 all time low temperature records set.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

We seem to be seeing more all time high records and fewer all time low records. Interesting.

Arctic ice was not at it's highest. Why do you keep repeating that (in a number of threads) while providing no source?

nsidc.org...

You don't just deny that humans are causing the warming, you're also denying that it is happening? Sticking your head in two holes in the sand at the same time?

Since it is NASA's role to encourage and expand the use of space and because aspects of climate can be best observed from space. It is perfectly fitting that NASA be involved in climate research.

edit on 5/9/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This Is What Happens When You Elect Climate Change Deniers

WASHINGTON -- Scientists are balking at major cuts to NASA's budget that the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology approved last week, cuts that critics say will imperil climate change research in the U.S.

This is what happens when you make science dependent on the state.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The US will still have very detailed satellite weather data with no holes or gaps, here is the NOAA FY2016 budget proposal.

www.spacepolicyonline.com...

Weather data for predicting catastrophic storms, hurricanes etc, you can get the sea surface temperature any place in the world any time using existing satellites. William Gray was the head of the National Hurricane Center and had the responsibility of predicting hurricanes utilizing advanced climate modeling and satellite data.

What Gray complained about was that there was an academic cabal promoting a global warming agenda for power and profit without legitimate scientific basis. He was not against cleaning up the environment, cleaner transportation, reducing greenhouse gasses etc. People were putting pressure on him to support the cabal because of his position. They wanted him to lie and verify their story about global warming with his expert knowledge and vast climate resources.

Milankovitch cycles from ancient ice core samples

He said no.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
This is what happens when you make science dependent on the state.

Contrary to popular opinion, not all scientists live in America.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The US will still have very detailed satellite weather data with no holes or gaps, here is the NOAA FY2016 budget proposal.

Weather is not the same as climate but no holes? No gaps?
From your source:

Because of the many years between the launch of NOAA-19 and planned launch of JPSS-1, NOAA is using a satellite developed by NASA, Suomi-NPP (S-NPP), as an operational weather satellite even though it was not designed for operational use.

At the February 12, 2015 congressional hearing, concern was expressed by committee members and GAO about a possible gap in geostationary weather satellite coverage during those 17 months when there is no in-orbit spare. GAO urged that every effort be made to ensure that GOES-R’s launch date does not slip.

Are you sure Congress is going to sufficiently fund NOAA? That is just a request after all, not a check.

Congress provided only half the $15 million NOAA requested for SIDAR in FY2015, and this year is another change.

www.spacepolicyonline.com...

NOAA's satellites do not provide the same data which those of NASA do.

Oh, you know the Milankovitch Cycles say the planet should be cooling, right?
www.climatedata.info...

He said no.
Yes, yes he did. That's a problem.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I checked the mission for SIDAR.

SIDAR is planned for a launch in 2017.

Total Solar Irradiance Sensor (TSIS), a NASA instrument meant to continue the agency’s 33-year record of monitoring the sun’s energy that reaches Earth.

That means we don't have to wait a thousand years to pull an ice core I guess.
Tight budgeting everywhere.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

That means we don't have to wait a thousand years to pull an ice core I guess.

I guess that means you missed the part about the 33 year monitoring of solar radiation (by NASA). You know, the monitoring that shows that solar radiation has been slightly declining? Sort of like the Milankovitch Cycles indicate. The cycle you cited earlier?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You know THATS funny.
I seem to recall record setting lows being set in December last year...in Colorado.
DANG you deniers..ICE AGE!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Unless you claim to have "super autobiographical memory" then you have probably recalled incorrectly. If you are unsure if you posses such an attribute you can test yourself here.

For mortals like myself I go by the actual records and not y memory for such things.

How Many of Your Memories Are Fake?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I can't seem to understand the need for some of you to quote from those guys who manipulated the data as if they were Gods? In this warped world where evidence of eons ago are now ignored to make a point about how bad CO2 has been, we mere mortals are not allowed to think with reason about all the implications. We are supposed to take them as bringers of facts and go about our merry lives. But the fact bringers behind "man is causing catastrophic warming at the poles" are basically caught red handed, being observed hiding data and stonewalling the scientist in possession of knowledge they fear will usurp the plan when they are finally able to see the true data.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No I was there and I am correct recorded HISTORY has never shown such LOW tempertures in Denver at this time.www.denverpost.com...
Why ,does your reality say otherwise?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I would have to say it is because they have been indoctrinated into that conclusion just like climate change proponents.
a reply to: Justoneman
Citation needed.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Neato. A single location.
What does that have to do with global conditions? Weather does not equal climate.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I love climate change deniers...well the weather is this way in my area...so there is no climate change..
Do these morons even understand their area does not represent the entire planet.

Also after years of releasing chemicals into the atmosphere, ground..etc..how can you deny that this climate change is man made?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Also after years of releasing chemicals into the atmosphere, ground..etc..how can you deny that this climate change is man made?

Well, because there are a number of variables which can influence climate.
The trouble is there are not many (any) of those variables which are observed. So maybe it's unobservable variables, because it can't be us.

Anything. So long it is not us. Because if it is us it means we are the problem (and the solution) and that's problematic because it means we #ed up and humans never # anything up.

edit on 5/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I look for cloud formations. So when I hit on www.nssl.noaa.gov... And it said
How do tornadoes form? The truth is that we don't fully understand
Scientists still have many questions. As few as 20 percent of all supercell thunderstorms actually produce tornadoes. Why does one supercell thunderstorm produce a tornado and another nearby storm does not? What are some of the causes of winds moving at different speeds or directions that create the rotation? What are other circulation sources for tornadoes? What is the role of downdrafts (a sinking current of air) and the distribution of temperature and moisture (both horizontally and vertically) in tornadogenesis?

And, since not all tornadoes come from supercells, what about tornadogenesis in non-supercell thunderstorms?

It dawned on me if they don't know how super cells exists how can they know climate change exits?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It dawned on me if they don't know how super cells exists how can they know climate change exits?
a reply to: fernalley
Supercells are weather, not climate.

Climate is about heat. Increased CO2 levels mean more heat is retained in the climate system. More retained heat means everything changes. Average (and local) temperatures are rising. That means (among other things) that weather models must change in order to fit the data.
edit on 5/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join