It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gotham' is getting good...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Spoiler alerts if not caught up.....

All this time spent with different crime bosses finally comes to a close, and Penguin appears to have come out on top. Of course, while Fish plummeted, apparently to her death, we know she's tough to kill.

Bruce learned Wayne Enterprises has a lot of corruption at the top, but met Lucius Fox. Lucius gives Bruce a clue, and Bruce finds a secret passage that even Alfred didn't know about. My thinking is that Thomas (Bruce's dad) was planning to do the batman gig first, along with Lucius' help, and that Bruce is poised to simply carry on the planned legacy.

Selena (aka Catwoman) now seems to be more bent towards evil.

Barbara has gone cray-cray, (and so well-acted) so she'll be out of the picture. (Makes sense now why Gordon's daughter ends up named "Barbara").

Gordon now seems positioned to take the leadership role with Gotham, at least in theory, from ideas said by Falcone. Of course, he's still gotta deal with the corruption with the mayor and the police commissioner. Theory being, that with both Falcone and Maroni out of the picture, no more reason to play ball with the gangsters. (and we all know it will take Penguin a lot of effort to actually try and claim control of crime).

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I thought it was a little bit stupid how Fish got eliminated so quickly just after coming back and forming her own gang. They should have played that out a little bit more, like some sort of battle between Fish and Penguin. Of course we all know that Penguin will eat up Fish in the end but it could have been interesting if they played it out a little more. But who knows, maybe Fish isn't really dead yet.
edit on 6/5/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I completely agree. I felt the show had a lack of character development at first but the last episode put it into perspective.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That kid who will be back as the Joker is one hell of a scary sob. And knowing all along that Gordon would become commissioner Gordon and that Penguin would win out over Fish and Falcone took nothing away from enjoying the originality and freshness of the series. Through and through this was my favorite show of the season. Heads above the Flash and the Green Arrow etc.

And somehow the attempt to make it a modern time version with cell phones and stuff,of a history of a tale that grew out of a 1940s comic book was done superbly. How it managed to still be so 'gothic' at the same time was great. And did I mention that the kid playing the young Joker is one hell of a creepy sob?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You are crazy for thinking this surpasses The Flash!!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah the flash is the best dc tv show yet, loving the (kinda) flashpoint storylinea reply to: Antipathy17

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
gotham is a cheap approach to the licensing issues that face anyone attempting to make money off of batman without being a part of zach snyders club. but its cool that people enjoy it. i despise liver but wouldnt ban it from all menus across america.

the flash is the taker of the dc comics television series cake. because characters in it are actually allowed to don their costumes and be the superheroes/villains we tuned in to watch.

if there were to be a "central city" television series, sans all the colorful people who make it exciting and suspenseful, would you watch it?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

the flash is the taker of the dc comics television series cake. because characters in it are actually allowed to don their costumes and be the superheroes/villains we tuned in to watch.

You do realize that Gotham is supposed to be set before they had a costume to don? I think it's actually a very refreshing change, it makes the show seem more down to Earth and adult orientated. It comes down to personal taste but for me I think Gotham is a step above The Flash but that's probably just because I usually prefer shows with a darker tone. At times The Flash can feel too cheesy and unrealistic but it's still an awesome show.

The new Daredevil series is also worth watching. The first few episodes are a bit slow but I kept watching and it grew on me pretty quickly. It also has a fairly dark tone which I like, the opening credits actually have a very Hannibal-like vibe to them.... which reminds me, who else besides me is super hyped for the new season of Hannibal coming in a few months?
edit on 6/5/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That kid who will be back as the Joker is one hell of a scary sob

Yeah he is.

I personally think Gotham is a pretty good re imagining of the franchise. Those expecting it to adhere to canon are going to be disappointed of course.

I really need to try and watch both Arrow and the Flash. Both have some actors that I've loved in other shows.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just hope Fish is gone for a while. I cannot stand her character and cringed every time she was on the show. I know she was only going to be on during the first season, but they sure left it open for her to return at some point. I enjoyed the twist they did with Barbara, I didn't see her turning into a cold blooded killer. Next season should be very interesting.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You guys forgot to mention the Riddler. Now the Nygma character is going off the deep end and seems to be considering murdering his love interest after taking out her a-hole boyfriend.

The violence was really over the top in that last episode. I like Fish Mooney and want to see more of her. Having Selena become totally bad seems an unlikely turn and will spoil the budding relationship between her and Bruce Wayne. That last scene with all the violence reminded me of that last season end show for Battlestar Galatica, that was an impressive blood bath, excellent message and way to end the Battlestar series IMO.
edit on 6-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: clarification

edit on 6-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
You guys forgot to mention the Riddler. Now the Nygma character is going off the deep end and seems to be considering murdering his love interest after taking out her a-hole boyfriend.

Yah most people tend to give Joker all the lime light but I always liked the Riddler more than the Joker personally. I'm glad they gave the Riddler a fairly prominent position in Gotham.

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuckHaving Selena become totally bad seems an unlikely turn and will spoil the budding relationship between her and Bruce Wayne.

I agree, it doesn't really make much sense, but maybe that's one reason why they eliminated Fish so quickly. Selena never really struck me as an evil character, she just knows what it takes to survive because she's had a rough life. That doesn't mean she is the type of person who would harm innocent people for money. I really don't like how she was portrayed in the last episode.
edit on 7/5/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

You win. I'm crazy

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

but they sure left it open for her to return at some point

Should be good to know that she didn't sign on for season 2 at least.

Yep, I did forget to mention the Riddler. My bad! I love the way they are handling his character development.

I agree on Selena. Not enough there to make her go dark, but then, no telling she's permanently that way yet. Killing the guy for Bruce was certainly the first step there though, and that was good, but hooking up with Fish...not so much.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I had read she did not sign on for season 2. I just feel like they left it open so she could show up a few seasons down the line should she want to show up again.

top topics

join