It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antimatter weaponry. 1,000 times more powerful than nuclear weapons

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They had what they described as mild sunburns IIRC.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I'm pretty confident a sack full of positrons is a bunch more than a PET lab.

The big big question is if they can make them without needing 511keV each.

:idea Actually positron emission tomography against, uh, uncooperative installations seems like a useful ability. PETs Gone Wild, hmm? (Is that the title of somebody's PowerPoint I wonder?)

Trek did it first too, various alien scanning beams measuring the manhoods of bridge personnel...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So doc, how bad is it?

I have good news and bad news. Good news is that you have a mild sunburn.

And the bad?

You have a sunburn in your liver and bone marrow.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Pretty sure US been tesing anitmater deep underground. Remember all those quakes under Nevada?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Some time after, there was a VERY interesting report from a group of hikers near Dugway Proving Grounds, of a flash of light that they saw, that damaged their film along with some other effects. There have been a number of interesting rumors of people killed because what they were testing was much more effective than they expected.

Thought those guys ended up with mild radiation poising too?

These two posts are very interesting - will have to look it up but considering the flash, what's in a camera and their after effects it does sound highly possible it could be a system using this method.

Not heard of anything death related yet, I think were a few decades off being able to produce enough to have a big impact. Though it has leaped from handfuls of anti-matter to billions or particles in a few years so who knows.

originally posted by: mbkennel

I'm pretty confident a sack full of positrons is a bunch more than a PET lab.

It's stands for Positron Emission Tomography using resultant positron emission when the gamma comes into contact with a weak radioactive injection. PET generates positrons as its means of scanning.

Such reactions can be done with a lot less power/radiation if a different 'thing' is used - however I imagine that would cause significant harm to the person being scanned due to the much higher ammount of positron generation - however I don't know enough about anti-matter interactions other than to make a poorly educated guess on human body effects.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

From what I heard they were security and observers for the test, and things worked an order of magnitude better than they expected.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

From what I heard they were security and observers for the test, and things worked an order of magnitude better than they expected.

Thanks. Managed to find this official doc on the experiments/capabilities of the place - www.dugway.army.mil... still scrolling through but there's a lot of mentions of beams.

Only skim searched onto page 54 so far and it's already speaking about using them in the 250km wide testing grid they are allowed to release y. pestis (plague) into which is pretty mindblowing stuff. I've seen a lot of your posts in here snd you certainly seem to know your stuff, will keep digging.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I doubt you'll find much about this test, except what the hikers reported. I heard it through the grapevine. There were some very interesting things coming down that vine though.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I doubt you'll find much about this test, except what the hikers reported. I heard it through the grapevine. There were some very interesting things coming down that vine though.

Could be those gigantic tunnel boring machines that run on nuclear power. they make huge tunnels and they are instantly glassed as it passes.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Zaph definitely knows his stuff. I recomend any thread he's posting heavy on if it's military or aviation/aerospace related.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This might be what Zaph is referring to:

We also noticed:
- the smell of ozone and a strange burning like smell.
- a fog bank out of nowhere, that flooded the area,
- a large mil. plane possibly recording or witnessing the test. (plus other UMO's or UFO's)
- Two way radio failure, problems
- that the light produced was at least two times brighter than Wendover (visible). and would have been easily seen by anyone (hundreds) traveling on I-80 -during that time ( Friday night- Wendover. (also visible)
- possible and most likely camouflaged surveillance (security patrol) in area.
- bombing? heard in the morning but not seen.
- possibly a minor sunburn? (noticed the next morning by three members)
- various allergy symptoms
- extreme tiredness and lack of energy for a few days
- some members fell ill / sick for a few days
- some 35mm photo negatives/ film showed strange green lines or marks, on numerous pics.
The Photo processor said it might possibly have been caused by radiation or x-rays.

WOW! Impressive power display! Never seen anything like it. but was concerned a bit about the amount of power displayed and our safety of being exposed to it. Were we in any rad exposure or health danger? other?

UFO's & Unconvential Testing Over UTTR

Maybe this too?:

Early in the evening on March 18th - something strange happened in New Mexico.

A mysterious jet of disturbed air erupted up into the atmosphere near the remote town of Carrizozo, New Mexico. In minutes this jet of air morphed into a plume, so large it was seen by weather radars across two states and was automatically classified by weather computers as a storm.

The New Mexico Mystery Plume - case solved?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I think a antimatter bomb would work like this. The bomb would not really be a bomb as such. It would be a device that is made of regular matter. The device would then turn its self into antimatter and simply react with the matter in its environment. No need to worry about storage or containment. The device would be as safe as rock until it was switched on. I for one hope no one ever figures out how to build such a device.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

Yeah, that's the one. I've been looking for it, but I never seem to be able to find it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I want that effing big spaceship like Crazyewok.

But first we need to combine a bit of the pulsed fusion reactor stuff with the free electron laser stuff to have an abundant source of positrons. Fusion as a ready source of gammas and some beam splitting and re-colliding on the beam via the laser end of the configuration. Then you have a path to hot and ready antimatter. Sounds crazy as hell, but I think that's the gist of the stuff I'm looking at on those links.

Of course it's unfortunate it's too easy to devise better ways of blowing ourselves up with this technology (even I do it in my imagination as an extrapolation of what's possible), when it's also cheap enough to be free energy and perhaps the key to getting off this rock and seeing what else is out there. Probably a fault of human nature, huh?
edit on 17-5-2015 by pauljs75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The day at the beach in Northernhollow's post is one of the times I got a sunburn LOL. Key point there... ONE OF THE TIMES!

It's a very interesting part of the country.... But also one with a disturbingly high missing persons rate..

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It would no doubt be a devastating weapon either through deliberate use or accidental loss of containment on order of magnitudes worse the the biggest thermonuclear weapons ever detonated.So if production and use of antimatter becomes common in the future there would have to VERY tight INTERNATIONAL regulations on who can produce it,the manner in which it's stored,no selling of antimatter and limits on how much can be produced and stored.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

No I don't actually think it would be anywhere near as big as big thermonuclear explosions. It would be more precise though. I don't think it's gathering up a huge hunk of stuff and then letting it off, much more like a directed energy weapon.

Like the difference between a JDAM and firebombing Dresden.

And it would have rather limited uses: primarily fixed underground installations.

I wonder if it could be useful for ICBM defense.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

There's a comment left by an Anonymous:

Interesting.. We had the exact same thing here in Huntsville over Redstone Arsenal (army base) in early June of 2013. I remember hearing about it on the news and as I was leaving work I drove right under "it", perfectly clear skies.

The plume was also above Wyle Labs here in Huntsville, which is known for doing nuclear related stuff

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ever since I read about the Dugway case I was always curious what went astray.

Can only imagine they didn't want a "hey, look what we're doing in the desert!" beam shooting into the sky.. At least not like that.

I also remember seeing the footage of something almost identical quite a few years ago; assuming it's not around anymore.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

There's a comment left by an Anonymous

The plume was also above Wyle Labs here in Huntsville...

Fancy that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join