It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist smacks down Wolf Blitzer: ‘Are broken windows worse than broken spines’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: windword
In Maryland it is

No, it's not. It's a controlled substance not a narcotic. He was charged with BOTH narcotic and CS. It can't be Marijuana. Heroin fits, but I have no clue what it is.

Hmm. I have do some research on this.

I live in California, where Marijuana is classified as a narcotic, even though it clearly isn't.

Marijuana is not a narcotic. Although California law calls it a narcotic, it is pharmacologically distinct from the family of opium derivatives and synthetic narcotics.
druglibrary.org...

I'm trying to find out if Maryland is the same.

I did find this.

Marijuana To Remain A Schedule One Narcotic, Court Rules

Joe Elford, the lead lawyer for Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the country's leading medical marijuana advocacy organization which has been struggling for years to remove marijuana from the government's list of addictive and otherwise harmful narcotics, blasted the court's findings.

So, while marijuana is NOT a narcotic, in many places it is still classified as such, and many criminals are convicted and sentenced thusly.

So, as of now, I don't know if Freddie Gray's rap sheet reflects the sales of other illicit drugs or just marijuana. Marijuana, Heroin, Coke.....they're all the same, Schedule 1 Dangerous Controlled Substances, in the eyes of the Federal courts.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Found it!

Court records show Gray was arrested more than a dozen times, going back to when he was 18, mostly in Gilmor Homes and mostly on charges of selling or possessing heroin or marijuana. He had a handful of convictions, and his longest stint behind bars was about two years.

He had two pending drug cases when he died. In one, he was charged with a felony, accused of selling heroin by police who said they had witnessed hand-to-hand exchanges and found drugs in a small potato chip bag hidden in a drainpipe.

Last year, he faced a charge that could have put him away for several years, but prosecutors agreed not to pursue the case in exchange for Gray serving 100 hours of community service. His attorney said the police account that Gray was acting as a lookout for a heroin dealer did not match images caught on a surveillance video.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Heroin or marijuana? Or, herion AND marijuana?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Heroin or marijuana? Or, herion AND marijuana?

The wording makes it confusing, but it means heroin AND marijuana.

Some were for heroin, some for MJ, so each charge was for either Heroin OR MJ ... his list of charges contain heroin AND MJ.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I live in California, where Marijuana is classified as a narcotic, even though it clearly isn't.

That source is from 1965. I don't see any new sources saying that. I think what they mean is it carries the same penalty. Either way, he does have charges for heroin.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Does it really matter what he was selling? Selling drugs is a nonviolent crime. His history in the criminal justice system does not lead to the conclusion that he was a threat to the police officers and they were clearly acting violently because they felt like they could. Focusing on his history of selling drugs is just a way to deflect from the misconduct of the police. There is always a "but" in these situations where people try to justify the death of someone who did not deserve to die.

Selling drugs is not immoral if anything its amoral. You don't know what these people are going to do with the drugs. You don't know if they are experienced or not. You are just giving them drugs. Clearly drug dealers don't intend for their customers to die or else they wouldn't make money.

If you want to talk about people dieing more people die from prescription drug overdoses than they do from illegal drugs. Does this justify the murder of any random doctor? I mean the doctor knows these people could potentially overdose.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: acmpnsfal

You're right, no violence at all in the drug trade. The ignorance is astounding.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No violence involved in getting the natural resources you're living off either, right? I guess we just pick and choose where to apply our scruples. By the way, you're still deflecting.
edit on 3-5-2015 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join