It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist smacks down Wolf Blitzer: ‘Are broken windows worse than broken spines’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In an interview with Wolf Blitzer and CNN, Darren McKesson an activist and community organizer, is in Baltimore leading the efforts on the ground to help organize and lead people in peaceful demonstrations.

10,000 strong peacefully protest in Baltimore, media only reports the violence and arrest of dozens

In a tit for tat response, McKesson asks him if broken windows are worse than broken spines. Those windows will be replaced, however, individuals such as Freddie and countless others will never return.

Source

“And what we know to be true is the police are killing people everywhere. They’re killing people here. Six police officers were involved in the killing of Freddie Gray, and we’re looking for justice there. And that’s real. The violence the police have been inflicting on communities of color has been sustained and deep.”

Baltimore police brutality history: Officials attempt transparency after years of brute force allegations

The brutality of police culture in Baltimore

No wonder these peopled are pissed. Here's a Baltimore police tweet about Ferguson which drew criticism last November.

"After hearing the facts presented #NoIndictment #Ferguson," the tweet read.

This tweet may not at glance provoke any unnecessary response, however, that criticism is well placed considering the role this person plays inside Baltimore PD.

Source

As a member of the seven-member Force Investigation Team, Tashawna Gaines investigates police shootings as well as complaints of brutality and excessive force. Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts created the team in January to rebuild public trust after community leaders alleged that the department had a history of unfair searches, illegal beatings and misconduct.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Daedal because: edit

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You know who else has a long history of misconduct?

A criminal record as long as your arm?

A long history of poisoning his own community with drugs?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Here's a video on this Daedal...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

but... but... but .... that's racist!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer
What if I said anyone wearing a mask during a riot should be shot on sight? In the head.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Then break the windows at the police station. Destroying property that belongs to people who have nothing to do with the situation is wrong and just lame.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wolf needs a slapdown. I'm just waiting for his ego to start referring to himself in the 3rd person.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel That would require not being a coward.

Ever notice they only want action when it's a hundred to one?

Applause to the good people of Baltimore who are standing up against this nonsense, I am very proud of the REAL black men and women of Baltimore who are standing up against the thugs.

Maybe this could be the catalyst that sees the REAL black community triumph over the criminals and con artists that continually pull them down and rape the community.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Some Baltimore official, don't remember, used he term thug. The preachers were saying it is wrong. Well, I don't think good young men destroy and loot. They just become criminals and deserve a meeting with the police.

It's some self center, cowardly, flawed logic.

edit on 4/29/2015 by roadgravel because: typos

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So let me get this straight: Police malpractice that killed a guy justify Blacks looting and robbing small-businesses, many of them owned by recent immigrants, serving the Black community.

That'll teach those cops, by God!

A number of years ago after riots in Oakland, California, an Asian-owned grocery store was burned to the ground. The owner did not rebuild. So one of the Black activists who had grown prominent during the riots had a mother who lived in the neighborhood who could no longer walk to the grocery store to buy her essentials. She complained to her son about her difficulty and the unfairness of it all, so he and a few of his now-prominent cronies visited the Asian grocery store owner, who had several other stores, and asked him to build in the Black neighborhood.

The owner just smiled and said, "No."

Of course he was called a "racist" as a result. That is the nature of Black politics in America. Something bad happens? Burn your own house down. Wonder what happened. Blame someone else.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Wolf needs a slapdown. I'm just waiting for his ego to start referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Beezzer doesn't think that will ever happen. . .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

hehehe thanks man!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hehe. I saw this interview earlier. The guy nailed it! Right to the point. Windows can be replaced, lives taken in unjust police brutality can't be.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Hehe. I saw this interview earlier. The guy nailed it! Right to the point. Windows can be replaced, lives taken in unjust police brutality can't be.

Will you care if someone destroys your house because there are injustices in the world?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A city full of THUGS, lead by a incompetent mayor, city council, and police chief. I see a pattern New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore and don't forget the Continent Africa.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Lives taken by the drugs Freddie Gray was pushing can't be replaced either.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

There are some great black men and women in Baltimore trying to take the city back from the thugs.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Lives taken by the drugs Freddie Gray was pushing can't be replaced either.

Oh yeah! That marijuana is a real killer!

Freddie Gray's arrest record included charges of second-degree assault, distribution of marijuana, and illegal gambling. While many of the charges levied against Gray have already seen their day in court, the final item on Gray's record, a possession charge from March 2015, was "abated by death."
Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Will you care if someone destroys your house because there are injustices in the world?

Uh, let's see a person's life.....or windows.......

Are the windows covered by my insurance?

Oh well, "Watering the Tree of Liberty with Blood of Patriots", and all that. right?

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I was talking about thugs and incompetence, It's kind of racist of you to automatically assume I was talking about black people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join