It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist smacks down Wolf Blitzer: ‘Are broken windows worse than broken spines’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Z apples to oranges for entrainment purposes.

Wolf is still ashkeNAZI and not jewish right???. ashkeNAZI isnt semitic so how can it be anti-semitic.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Lives taken by the drugs Freddie Gray was pushing can't be replaced either.

Are you alleging that there have been documented deaths directly resulting from drugs purchased from Freddie Gray? Would you happen to have a list of what he was pushing and how those substances caused the death of his customers, a list of the decedents' names? Because I think you should give that information to the authorities, don't you? They don't appear to be aware of these deaths you describe.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh yeah! That marijuana is a real killer!

To be fair, you might want to reread your Snopes article. In it is a link to another site that published his arrest record:

Arrests

Also, your source posted a large number of those arrests in the article:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Mary Jane is not classified as a narcotic or controlled substance, so he was definitely selling something a bit stronger than a little harmless ganja. However, there is no literature or documentation to be found that supports the claim that anyone died as a direct result of using drugs they purchased from Mr. Gray, as was alleged by another member earlier.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The media is pushing an agenda and the people are gobbling it up like brainless zombies nodding their head in agreement without as much as a critical thought to it all.

Instead, we (or rather, YOU) are pulled up in the race fervor abandoning any reason. This is exactly why "it" works. Because the media and others know you will almost always have a knee jerk reaction.

Good work guys, top notch.

P.S.
The protestors destroying peoples property are trash. A spine broken =/= the right to destroy. We live in 2015 people, f***** act like it.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Arrests are not the same as convictions. Freddie Grey had NO narcotic convictions.

There is a statement from the Grey''s family lawyer, that Freddie Grey asserted that cops had planted drugs in a potato chip bag, in order to frame him, before any of this went down. I can believe it.

Demonizing the victim doesn't help the situation. Cops don't have the right to execute suspects.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Didn't you know? Every young black man shot by police is a thug!! A drug dealer, a hoodlum, a murderer waiting to be... has a secret, evil side and had the police not illegally gunned them down in cold blood, they would have caused the death of thousands either through their hip-hop gangs or their drug slangin.

Sheesh.... these cops are doing us a favour, come on... get with it man!!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I know you're being sarcastic, but not everyone who defends the police thinks that way. I agreed with the decision in the Michael Brown case. I did NOT agree with the Eric Garner decision, and I think this story stinks to high heaven. I take each instance as it comes, and sometimes I'll defend the actions the police took, sometimes I'm right there with the protesters saying abuse of power.

My point is, the moment you start generalizing, you're lowering yourself to the level of the very people you're trying to ridicule.
edit on 30-4-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Arrests are not the same as convictions.

**gasp!** Really??? Omg like...I totally thought they were the same thing!

Freddie Grey had NO narcotic convictions.

You sure about that? Maybe you couldn't find them because you're misspelling his name. Although the information came from the article you posted, so that's really just me being generous. He had convictions and served time in prison for them, and one of the convictions included a probation violation from a prior conviction. He avoided the most recent charges going to trial when he was killed, or he'd likely have done yet more prison time. I'm sure, if given the choice between being dead and being locked up, he would have opted for prison. It's sad that he didn't get that choice, but he was by no means innocent of wrongdoing in his abbreviated existence. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Gray was charged September 28, 2013 with distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault of a law enforcement officer and second-degree escape. He was found guilty of distribution of narcotics, assault and escape, while the other charges were dropped as part of a plea agreement. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison, suspended after 3 years served. It's not clear when he was released from prison. He also received three years of probation.

On April 13, 2012, Gray was charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance and violation of probation. He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute and received a 10-year prison sentence, suspended after one year and one day in prison.

On July 16, 2008, Gray was charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession with intent to distribute. He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute and the other charges were dismissed. He was sentenced to a suspended four-year prison sentence.

All the records found here come from the Maryland Department of Justice.

Conviction info

Demonizing the victim doesn't help the situation

Who is "demonizing"? I'm simply correcting the misinformation you are posting regarding his criminal record because you apparently got it twisted. Like I said earlier, you might want to read your own source material before you expound upon its contents and try to pass that off as factual information, when the actual facts are in direct contradiction to your assertions. Just like the poster who claims that Mr. Gray caused the death of people he sold drugs to, which was also completely unfounded. Ignoring the facts and making inaccurate statements doesn't help the situation either. If anything, it causes every other statement regarding the incident to automatically garner suspicion and disbelief, and that is not conducive to justice being meted out to the deserving party.

Cops don't have the right to execute suspects.

You're preaching to the choir with that statement. They have no right to execute anyone, suspect or not. That is operating outside their scope of practice, and I hope they are punished to the fullest extent of the law, should it be proven that they caused his death.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

You're so few and far between these days, most people aren't as obvious as you.

Something tells me that he/she/it is only behaving that way because he/she/it feels safe and secure behind he/she/its computer screen.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

My point is, the moment you start generalizing, you're lowering yourself to the level of the very people you're trying to ridicule.

That was perfectly stated. Wise words indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Who knows, maybe he was distributing some pills, but it wasn't crack for meth, because those aren't "controlled" substances. The definitions in his list of convictions DO fall under the description of marijuana though. And we already know that he was convicted of possession and distribution of marijuana, we don't know about anything else.

Marijuana possession, sale, and manufacture are regulated by both state and federal law. In Maryland, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance, which means that it has a high potential for abuse and no generally recognized medical value. (Md. Ann. Code § 5-402.) However, despite being a Schedule I drug, Maryland may allow medical marijuana use under limited circumstances.

CRIMINAL LAW
TITLE 5 - CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES, PRESCRIPTIONS, AND OTHER SUBSTANCES
Subtitle 4 - Schedules
Section 5-402 - Schedule I.

www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...

So, all I really see are marijuana charges, for sure, and a common gravity-assisted folding knife that was clipped to his pocket. Thank goodness the police took him out to keep our streets safe from evil drug dealers like Gray.

ETA: My personal programming doesn't allow me to believe that marijuana is a narcotic, but the feds and the State of Maryland do.

edit on 30-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Once again, marijuana is not a narcotic, nor a controlled substance. Nor is Meth or coc aine in any form, although they may class certain amphetamines as controlled substances now, since they've put so many restrictions on ephedrine and other ingredients that can be used in the manufacture of the street version. Opiates are narcotics. Heroin being the most likely candidate as far as street drugs, and has been making quite a comeback in recent years.

And of course, prescription narcotics are always out there being sold. But it was definitely narcotics they busted him for. There were several of the arrests that resulted in no prosecution, dropped charges, etc. so he was probably selling prescription pills versus something like heroin, which would have carried a more severe penalty.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Once again, marijuana is not a narcotic, nor a controlled substance.

in Maryland it is.

All states regulate and control the possession of controlled dangerous substances (CDS), though each differs in its exact definition of CDS and the penalties for possession. Maryland classifies not only well-known drugs like marijuana, heroin, and coc aine as CDS, but also the compounds used to manufacture them.

In Maryland, the court sees marijuana as just as dangerous as heroin. It's classified as a Schedule 1 controlled dangerous substance, which is exactly the terminology on Freddies Grey's conviction record.

Crack and meth aren't controled or "regulated", they're just illegal. You can't get a script for crack! LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: MoreBeer
What if I said anyone wearing a mask during a riot should be shot on sight? In the head.

I'd sign up to do it. Call it community service.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So he has no problem with me breaking his windows, looting his house, right? Someone broke their spine, that makes any other action acceptable apparently.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
In Maryland it is

No, it's not. It's a controlled substance not a narcotic. He was charged with BOTH narcotic and CS. It can't be Marijuana. Heroin fits, but I have no clue what it is.
edit on 1-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I don't support the looters but wolf blitzer is one of those shadow government errand boys of the media

He is also a Zionist

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Something tells me that he/she/it is only behaving that way because he/she/it feels safe and secure behind he/she/its computer screen.

Of course...and that sums up the mentality of a troll.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: uncommitted

I don't think it's reasonable to say blame it on the police.

There seems to be trend in police covering for their own rotten apples, coercing witness testimony, planting evidence, contriving police reports, all the while suppressing the people who are most disenfranchised. There's plenty of room for blame, and police culture and prisons for profit are a big part of equation. imho, of course.

All I can really say is that if you should return home from a vacation, civil unrest took place while you were away and your home is now a smouldering wreck and your insurance won't pay out because it was a riot, would you smile benignly? If you would then that's quite....... liberal of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join