It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama subtly attacks "old white people" and "your lily white ass". Where's the outrage?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Where are the politically correct brigade when you need them

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No sense of humor...the guy's from key and peele, and they do jokes that you could say are racist against blacks too...

It's just jokes...people are so sensitive...
edit on 28-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I think it is awesome myself. The whole purpose of this is to express free speech and pay homage to it through humor. I say good on Obama and everyone else for keeping up the tradition.

edit on 4-28-2015 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Oh the screaming disturbed angry black thing....

Its a "ooh look I am black moment"....must be funny. "lets throw in a dis on white people".....that makes it funnier.

What a leader ACTOR.....I guess I should laugh at everything he just said. It must be a joke too. Not like the worlds most powerful leader needs to be a step above us...he needs to chill and make us feel like he is our homey.

Lets drink some old English and smoke a blunt yo. Get some fine bitches up in heaaa

I would like HIGHLY intelligent leaders with absolute devotion to their job, strong and serious about all serious issues. What he is in private life is up to him. He can dress like a clown at home or after his term is up for all I care. Hire a comedian to lighten the mood....what ever. HE should be a freaking LEADER.

"I wish Clinton would have played the saxophone for the nation....", that would make him seem cool.

edit on 4 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
he doesnt look white to me

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Too bad I already used it in providing my point and received no flacc. You know why? Because I didn't use it hatefully, spitefully, angrily, any of that. It is a word. Words do not offend people, people offend themselves.
edit on 28-4-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

You sure did, I'm surprised your post hasn't been censored.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The country is falling apart around him and he makes jokes. He is worst then Jimmy Carter as president.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
>gets labelled everything from a 'Moslem infiltrator' to a baboon (Belgique newspaper)
>he's the "racist" for some light-hearted ribbing of billionaire 'greyhairs' who put him in the presidency in the first place

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I like "Luther" from key and peele, but I think the White House should have maybe laid off the "white" jokes. I mean if Bush did the same thing but said " and MSNBC is trying to scare the # out of all of these young black folks.... With your midnight black asses." The joke probably wouldn't have gone over too well.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I'llbombya is a corpserate whore just like his predecessors.

He is also hypocritical but that is understandable as he is a politician and only a politican. He has always led from behind and has shown no real balls at any time. He masks his war making and murdering, his stealth BS and his lack of respect for everyone.
As an old white dude who is (by my standards) an ardent progressive (I'd be a libertarian but they are just sociopaths who believe in themselves only.), this guy has constantly creeped me out. The bushes were easier to understand at least. If it came to making a profit for the family, they were right there.
This guy reminds me of Slick Willy way too much and even less principled.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

he doesnt look white to me

Most biracial people don't "look white". The propensity for darker skin color is a dominant gene.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Lets drink some old English and smoke a blunt yo. Get some fine bitches up in heaaa

Sure...because that's not racist at all, right? Bitch and whine about racism and lack of leadership, then turn right around and say some ignorant BS like that. You're a real winner. The pot calling the kettle, well...you know the rest. And the cycle of bigotry perpetuates.

edit on 301511America/ChicagoWed, 29 Apr 2015 11:15:17 -050030am30118America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I don't doubt the story. But the truth of the matter is, this isn't the first time you've discussed "racism against Caucasians". While I'm sure somebody believes it happens, this isn't an example. It'd likely be of some value for you to actually research what racism is. It's not just about skin color, it's the social culture surrounding it. Historically, Caucasians have been doing very well and still are today, so the social climate reflects that.

Another example. Being thin is arguably desirable. So, is "skinny" equally as insulting as calling someone "fat"? Both are superficial traits, but one has historically been more desirable than another. I'm certain you understand that this issue has a lot more to it than just the words folks choose to use. Without the historical violence and oppression those words would just be words. Which is why disparaging terms for Caucasians aren't even in the same ballpark as other racial slurs. They never accompanied oppression or violence, historically and remain, just words.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

To me it falls on the same level as George Bush with "no weapons of mass destruction here" looking around the oval office. I really wish people would lighten up. Humor is the best way to lighten a serious situation and make a point about issues without all the anger.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Thanks for illuminating exactly the hypocrisy this thread is about.

"lily white ass" is funny and people need a thicker skin.

"blunts and bitches" is "ignorant BS".

You are part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Damn pc ruining things! Can't even make a joke anymore right?

If yall want to live in the land if what ifs, and want to reverse the roles, you need to accept that would be the defense to the claims of racism.

Talk about double standards!
edit on thWed, 29 Apr 2015 17:07:09 -0500America/Chicago420150980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama didn't say anything, just to reiterate. But from a white southerner, who didn't vote for Obama once, I laughed my "lily white" ass off. I guess I just have that thing called a sense of humor. You should look for yours.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't find the video offensive.

I don't find it funny either (maybe you had to be there).

I do think the OP raises an interesting and valid point about hypocrisy. Either we must cut out the hypocrisy or else change our views on what is and is not acceptable.

The anti racist movement has been fuelled largely by self-effacing, middle class white people who imagine all kinds of things to be offensive to racial minorities, but who are quite happy for their own racial group to tolerate those very things.

That's the problem: no level playing field.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This was the Whitehouse correspondents dinner. A tradition where politicians attempt to be funny with various measures of success.

Keagan-Michael Key...the comedian who was pres. Obama's "Anger Translator" has been doing that skit on his show for years.

There is also irony when the far right tries to go all Politically Correct, but doesn't seem to understand the meaning.

(B) A President referring to Caucasians as having "lilly white asses"...not OK.

(C) A Comedian making fun of and ridiculing the stereotype of "The Angry Black Man" who says things like that? Both those that act that way and those who expect the President to act that way?...Funny.

Warning to the "politically correct" sensitive conservatives...foul language here.

edit on 30-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join