It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama subtly attacks "old white people" and "your lily white ass". Where's the outrage?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Racist Obama subtly attacks "old white people" and "your lily white ass". Where's the outrage?

Only dumba*S would be outraged.
edit on 27-4-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I thought it was hilarious and im no fan of obama

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I would have to disagree, saying that 50 years ago the guy would be dead and then procede toss slurs with really no direction at him is far from being edgy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, I agree. And THAT is the thing about edgy comedy. He lost his edge and rolled of down the slope to stupid.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Gotcha, I guess I read what you said to fast, just reread it and see you were saying the same thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry OP, but it was both funny and a joke. Stop taking yourself so seriously. I'm white, I don't really see the problem. Comedy is supposed to be edgy. I wouldn't even call that edgy, though. It was a non-event, which will now be discussed like it was the end of the world by angry conservatives everywhere. So silly.

There are plenty of quality reasons to dislike Obama. You really don't need to be fabricating any.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Only dumba*S would be outraged.

/thread

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't find the comments offensive, but the double standard sickens me. Racism towards blacks is unacceptable, even jokingly. Why is this okay?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

That is a made up double standard, would you an example of a joke in the same contact causing outrage?
Context being an obvious comedy event such as the dinner.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
A Jew, Negro and white fella walk into a bar, the Jew says the the neg..............ah forget it.

Someone would definitely blow a clacka-valve if I finished that humdinger.

Your Sincerely
Whitey (apparently that's a "cracker" - aka........a savory biscuit!!)

edit on 28-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Just looking at this from the point of a parent:

I am trying to raise my kids to look down on any form of discrimination or bigotry, and explain to them that people who practice it are ignorant and hateful.

Now that our leader has to use this tactic as well, I see it just as another hurdle to try to overcome while trying to prepare them to be the best they can.

I can already imagine kids repeating some of these sayings already, under the protection that "our president said it, come on, don't be so thin-skinned".

And no, I was not offended, just sad that this is the behavior of our countries role model and an example to my children.

(P.S. I am a white, male, Christian, and I am so sick of some people saying, well this is what I deserve for years of treating minorities and homosexuals that way.

You know how many white people died in the civil war because they could not stand having a group of people singled out and treated in that way.
Also, I personally have many gay friends, and I would never dare think any bad thoughts about them and will often be the first person to speak up in defending them.
I am so sick of hearing this same lame excuse, and yes, it would have been funny in certain movies, or comedy clubs, but not from our leader in a public speech.)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Personally, I found it pretty funny. I like Key and Peele, though. In context, Key and Peele's TV show on Comedy Central has Peele pretend to be Obama while Key is his anger translator. As a fan of the show, it was pretty funny to see Key actually "anger translate" for President Obama.

I understand how you could be offended... But you don't NEED to be offended. It's humorous. There are worse things in the world to be upset about, friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
is this a speech of the president or a late night comedy skit?

just like so many things like music, movies has lost there way,

now so has politics. desperate attempt to win votes and stir a culture change in politics.

right in the pussy.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: THENATIONALIST

Obama is not a president , he is not a leader , he is a celebrity . It is all one big skit for him , he's in the spotlight and loving every minute of it and his adoring fans just keep lapping it up .

As for the OP I try not to pay to much attention to Obama's antics . I love Key and Peele though . Key's substitute teacher bit is far more humorous than his Obama angry translator bit .

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thats because people dont support white people who use the N word in the way he did.

All these closet racists are funny.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People used to have a thick skin, people used to be able to just shrug off crap....then they were told repeatedly that they had the right to self-righteous indignation and made an active decision to be insulted/offended....most actually aren't...some feel they should be and others for some strange reason feel that they should be offended on behalf of someone else or some other culture/race/religion when quite often those "others" aren't even remotely offended

Its all a ploy be careful what you say think do and feel....I just dunno why

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Every racial joke is not racist. Heck most racial jokes are not racist. The racial jokes are only funny if there is some truth to them. That's what people don't like.

White people cannot dance. if more white people had better moves, then that joke wouldn't be funny. Alas, white people on average cannot dance so the joke is funny

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
You know Obama is half white right? Whats wrong with a couple jokes? Lighten up.

Omg Obama told jokes at a comedy dinner!!!! Empeach! Empeach!

Some people just throw everything at the wall hoping something will stick...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry, I had to step away.

So reading back through 6 pages of this thread it's the same old tired snip.

It is not ok to make fun of or joke about any race except whites because... reasons.

If a white person uses a racial slur he is evil and must be stopped.

If a person uses an anti white racial slur, white people need to "grow a thicker skin".

I see the word "cracker" used several times, whether a joke or not, it's there.

Wanna see what happens if I type the N word?

Double standard hypocrisy- it's what this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sorry, I had to step away.

So reading back through 6 pages of this thread it's the same old tired snip.

It is not ok to make fun of or joke about any race except whites because... reasons.

If a white person uses a racial slur he is evil and must be stopped.

If a person uses an anti white racial slur, white people need to "grow a thicker skin".

I see the word "cracker" used several times, whether a joke or not, it's there.

Wanna see what happens if I type the N word?

Double standard hypocrisy- it's what this thread is about.

Better start licking that spoon...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join