It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham/bacon and offers halal meat after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Everyone here is fooled. Most all of subways meat is turkey with flavoring added

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

That simple issues related to a shop meeting the requirements of a local target demographic qualifies as "Muslim Crap", and that a shop does not have the freedom to do what it wishes with the product it sells because that sort of freedom should only be expressed behind closed doors.

You also seem to think that everyone should "conform" in some manner rather than having the freedom to be themselves and make their own choices. Bollocks to conformity.

Do you object to shop stocking Halal foods in the UK? Should a franchise be subject to legislation that forces them to carry the same stock in all branches regardless of locale?

You say that those who are against eating Pork have the freedom to not buy it, and yet you also seem to think that a shop keeper is not free to make a choice over the products that they sell.

So do i have you wrong? What is "this Muslim crap"? Because you sure managed to choose some words that made your OP sound hateful.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Judging by this thread I think some people would freak if they went to a Subway in Central America (spoiler) they have different menu items.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

If a product isn't selling, as I assume bacon would not in a Muslem community, smart retailers remove that product and replace it with one that will seel in that community. It's called 'marketing'. Nothing new, or sinister, just Capitalism.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think there is more to the story, but yea screw religion. It's just another way to oppress the weak-minded.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Fact: My wife is Muslim and I'm not, she still makes me bacon sandwiches, she does not eat bacon but accepts I do, is she bitter, NO, its just bloody FOOD...

The stupid ass firms bowing down to threats from bigoted little men who would control women and the world in a 2nd century way and big corps bow down to them for money..

Why don't these CEO's just go to prison and bend down for the soap...

Utter fools and encouraging other radical Muslims to think they can dictate Western ways.

I'm thinking of opening a business selling backbones to people in charge, sadly they have so rubber a back bone they would never take the chance..
edit on 29-4-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Alternatively, you and the Mrs could go into the bacon butty business in these areas and see how that works out. You may find a ready market and do very well indeed.. or perhaps that Subway had a point and you'd sell next to nowt.
edit on 29-4-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Alternatively, you and the Mrs could go into the bacon butty business in these areas and see how that works out. You may find a ready market and do very well indeed.. or perhaps that Subway had a point and you'd sell next to nowt.

And perhaps I should surrender all decency because I'm told to by someone who thinks killing gay people is fine..

This transcends business logic, its so much more than that...

That is the real point here...

Or should I point out that people like Tesco etc do not ban the lottery or alcohol sales in these area's (nor are asked too) simply because they are still used by the same people.

Hence my dig at hypocrisy
edit on 29-4-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Did those who spoke to Subway about their menu specifically say that they think that killing gay people is ok?

You could provide a source for that or just admit to rabid hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I already said in my OP that Halal meat is fine and "crap" was just the word I chose to group all the things I've seen and read lately, don't take it so literally.

My main issue is that they come to the UK, America or wherever and bitch and complain about something that doesn't fit the lifestyle of where they came from until it gets changed to suit them.

You never hear about someone from the west moving to a Muslim country and demanding places serve pork or for something to be changed to fit more with the western way that they are used to.
That s#it simply wouldn't fly over there, so why is it so pandered to here?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Britain is not a totalitarian state so it's perfectly OK to listen to folk and consider their views before making a choice. It is also broadly capitalist, hence a store meeting market demand.

Plus most "of them" do not come over here to the UK and bitch... most of "them" are born here, eat at KFC (the horror, thought Subway), go to school and work with the rest of us and buy their clothes at places like Gap, Primark and so on. Rather than wearing a brown tent and having a beard to their knees - which is fine too if they choose, because they are free to do so.

You are really just seeing the division... I believe that new comers and especially their kids will integrate further in time provided we are not a bunch of assholes to them.

It happened with the immigrants from The Caribbean and Indian Subcontinent through the 50's to 70's, though admittedly we were not bombing the family that they left behind. Or screwing up their governments and economies so much.

Maybe we could do something about that?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well I must say I too have not wanting to be getting in on this discussion, but today my mind has to speak out.

I too am in agreement with the OP. These requirements have gone too far, there is no form of assimilation, if they can't have bacon do not order it, they separate each item anyway so as to not contaminate non halal produce what more do they want.

it also shows their hypocracy by eating at such a place as subway, these corrupt spineless corporations who give in at the screams of racism. Yet seeing Muslims are using racism to their advantage to have items removed from the menu is no better than them eating there in the so called infedelic, corrupt, decadent western filthy establishment. Whilst preaching to their kids to join ISIS.......so I am going to far am I? Oh well tough love.

The only reason is I am annoyed today to read about the subway no halal, let's put a stop to it and protest. Is where will it stop? The reason I am saying this is today, I go to the toilets at college and find that the only time I can use them is first thing in the morning when they have just been cleaned and there is no one about to have used one.

Now to me the toilet is my sanctuary, sorry for some people the bathroom, not only makes you clean but must most importantly be kept clean.

I do not think that stick ones dirty feet onto the sink work tops to wash ones feet before prayer is ok. Nor is sticking ones foot in the toilet acceptable. There are maybe such things as taking a wet wipe perhaps? Or when foot and mouth appeared on the hills and mountains of England, Scotland and Wales farmers made do with a small tray of bleach or disinfectant.

Why not provide them with a room made out of solid gold, with a solid gold toilet, a solid gold sink and a solid gold bidet and see how well they can keep the bathroom looking, how much less # there can be clogging the blocked toilet with bog roll.

Sorry for this now being a rant, however this is what I saw today at college after a load of them came out before heading to their own prayer room. I'm sure Christians would use the room, but it seems we can't go in. Will they start putting imams in their to breed idiots to go and kill our soldiers? When a load of them come out from a big meeting with heads of college. No way are they, they are influencing the college heads while we are oblivious to them changing these things.

Next thing I will know is that the breakfast menu will no longer have a choice of, bacon, sausages, lorne sausage or black pudding (though apparently that's been changed from pigs blood to cows blood already)

Enough is enough, they might not be from my country but I would rather have shove their own excrement in their face than see if smeared on the walls of toilets and my food removed from our menu.

This is not racism, this is about them offending us with their cheek to call something offensive due to religion. Which is technically using racism to get ones own way, then cowering behind it and manipulation and social engineering to change a mindset in their favour which in itself is truest racism as I have seen Muslims eat pork, drink alcoholic drinks, heck I lived in Saudia Arabia when my when I was a kid and my dad was working as a contractor out there. They would hop over to Bahrain for a sneaking tickle of liquid gold.

Question is what's anyone going to do about it? If not one of our politicians could tackle this, I bet you they are spineless enough to be puppy dogs to putins pitbull.

So I'm sure many of you would not want to spend time in a dirty toilet, that place where one can whistle, read the paper, look at emails on your phone there place where one can philosophise. It is of course the place where the king of rock and roll finished his life of course.

Please keep our toilets clean and get that bacon back on the menu.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join