It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Enemy of Mankind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Sometimes it takes a poet like Dylan to put things in their true perspective
"With God on our side" also comes to mind

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not a single reply to my earlier post. What self-deceivers people can be. War is not caused by warmongers or elites. It is caused by ordinary people fighting and killing each other.

War is a form of extreme recreation indulged in by the most aggressive species on the planet.

Let's stop being such bloody hypocrites and face the facts about ourselves. Because as long as we refuse to accept this and try to blame others for war, wars will never cease.

Blaming other people for things is how wars get started in the first place. Duhh!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I replied to your post (although I did not use the reply button). I totally agree with you. Predator is as predator does.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Some people crave violence. Whether it is in their DNA, or something from their environment that caused it, a lot of people want to kill OR see other people be killed.

That being said, I don't think they are in the majority. Far from it actually. However, it only takes a small amount of sociopaths to bring pain and destruction upon all of mankind.

The majority of people in the world are good and just want to be left alone. It is the sociopaths of the world that crave attention and feel the overwhelming need to be remembered in one way or another.

Billions of people can spend thousands of years building something great only to have it completely destroyed by one lunatic in power.
edit on 25-4-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The true enemy of mankind is mankind itself.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You say war I say religions

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble
You say war I say religions

Organised religions are just an excuse to wage wars.

Look at the Crusades. How to violently dominate Middle East under the name of "holiness".

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I would say mankind is mankind's own worst enemy.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
The true enemy of mankind is mankind itself.

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

I would say mankind is mankind's own worst enemy.

And I would say Mankind can save Mankind, so actually it is its saviour.

I am optimistic. I refuse to take the easy way and give up. See, we are all part of mankind. If we give up on mankind, then we give up on ourselves.

edit on 25-4-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'm a realist.
Both sentiments are correct.
And people can want to be one and end up being the othef.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm a realist.
Both sentiments are correct.
And people can want to be one and end up being the othef.

I certainly agree with that.

On a sidenote: I used to be a realist, but then I realized that realities can, and does, change based upon our own very actions. So in the end, we are both the writers and the actors of History. In the end, it's up to us to write something good. Hence, I am an optimist - instead of lingering upon the darkness of the present, I dream of a better future.

edit on 25-4-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Denying darkness tends to only give it strength.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Some people crave violence. Whether it is in their DNA, or something from their environment that caused it, a lot of people want to kill OR see other people be killed.

Those people are either narcissistic (only caring for themselves) or filled with anger (unresolved anger). Both conditions are formed during life.

Expressing anger or selfishness is not in DNA , it is learned behavior. Usually taught by care givers. Charles Manson is not born a murderer, he grows up learning murderous rage from having it focused on him by others.

His mom and the prison environment for instance. Others learn it in war.
edit on 25-4-2015 by intrptr because: added quote

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
Dear "Mind Firmly Closed", yes people can do some very evil and repulsive things, when taught (Mind Control) such things are the norm and is what is expected of them. Yes, we all should take responsibility for our own actions and thoughts, that is what being an Adult is all about, but mankind can not take responsibility for actions and thoughts it did not create.

You do not seem to be taking into consideration the impact of institutions have had on mankind, or their power of persuasion and influence. We are not born haters, racists, warmongers, evil doers, we must be taught, we must be tricked, we must be coerced into these roles.

In as far as who is to blame, well, as I said earlier, who ever instituted our present institutions, the programers, are to blame. I will take credit or blame for what I do as a individual but I will not take responsibility for that which is out of my control.

Free choice does not exist when you do not have all the facts, or the correct ones. We are living a lie.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Mankind can not take responsibility for actions and thoughts it did not create.

Agreed.

You do not seem to be taking into consideration the impact of institutions have had on mankind

Who created those institutions?

or their power of persuasion and influence.

Have you never in your life attempted to persuade or influence somebody? Is that not, for instance, what you are attempting to do with your post?

We are not born haters, racists, warmongers, evil doers, we must be taught, we must be tricked, we must be coerced into these roles.

As St. Augustine observed 1,500 years ago, the fallen nature of mankind is revealed in the behaviour of babes and sucklings. I am not religious, but biology agrees with the good father. We are born all the things you mention, as well as their opposites. We are human. We are capable of anything.

In as far as who is to blame, well, as I said earlier, who ever instituted our present institutions, the programers, are to blame.

Whoever they were, were they not human?

I will take credit or blame for what I do as a individual but I will not take responsibility for that which is out of my control.

Have you ever been a conscientious objector? Would you be one if there was a war? Would you fight back if the government were to oppress you?

Free choice does not exist when you do not have all the facts, or the correct ones.

Then there is no free choice, because you can never have all the facts. By the way, all facts are correct by definition. Things that are not facts but claim to be are called falsehoods.

We are living a lie.

Speak for yourself, old chum.

edit on 25/4/15 by Astyanax because: of instances.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Denying darkness tends to only give it strength.

Dreaming for a better future and observing current darkness are not mutually exclusive concepts. In fact the latter is often the cause for the former.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Human kind is the problem, we rake up all the resources, the rubbish content we add is massive, we destroy the forests. we make war, we wipe out whole species of animals. Now the ice caps are melting, smog is everywhere, 1000,s and 1000,s are starving or need water and this is the modern world. I can go on but it says it all, we are the problem everyone can see it if they take their eyes off their iphones for 5 minutes, most only care about their own lives. As in the days of noah so shall it be in the days of the coming of the sun of man, makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I must say I am quite unsettled by the fact that my call for peace, my call for a better treatment of Earth, has only been met with general reluctance so far.

It seems there are quite a few warmongers around here...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

When you put it like that, war almost seems like a good idea. Get rid of a few of those pesky humans.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It seems there are quite a few warmongers around here...

Has anyone on this thread actually been promoting war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join