It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vile and depraved' UK gang raped and abused babies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
....OMFG....

I'm a father of 5...just reading about this fills me with extreme nausea and an anger I can't describe.

Sick F***ers - even though they'll be going to prison...and probably getting a small fraction of the Karma they deserve - they've wrecked how many lives? Not just the parents, but more so the children themselves, and how it will affect every facet of their lives in the future.....

Prison doesn't seem enough, and I seriously doubt any sort of 'rehabilitation' would work - UGH, WTF!?!?

Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, SIIIICK bastards!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
....OMFG....

I'm a father of 5...just reading about this fills me with extreme nausea and an anger I can't describe.

Sick F***ers - even though they'll be going to prison...and probably getting a small fraction of the Karma they deserve - they've wrecked how many lives? Not just the parents, but more so the children themselves, and how it will affect every facet of their lives in the future.....

Prison doesn't seem enough, and I seriously doubt any sort of 'rehabilitation' would work - UGH, WTF!?!?

Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, SIIIICK bastards!

frankly, rather than focus on how to punish them, just kill them off and focus on helping the victims. That's how I see it, simply because the more energy that is focused on revenge, the less that can be focused on healing. This from a survivor.

But ABSOLUTELY yes, evil like this needs to be exposed and brought to the light of day, never think it doesn't. It's just what to do to help those who have gone through it is what I am trying to stay focused on and figure out how to do.
edit on 24-4-2015 by jessme2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Personally i'm not really an advocate of letting other inmates carry out punishments for various reasons, but it's not always the case that even high profile child abusers and murderers are well protected.

Soham murderer Ian Huntley got his throat slashed while inside.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No claim to shame. I'm a good boy

However, I do know a few people who aren't and have done lots of time. I'm more inclined to believe them than some random person on the Internet who's clearly looking for an argument.

Laters.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

My own knee-jerk reaction is often to agree with this approach of "hang 'em high" with those that do this type of stuff to our most vulnerable.

But i have also worked with teenaged victims of abuse who have gone through the most desperate of experiences, some of whom then go on the develop abusive, dominating and/or predatory behaviour and a victim can react to their own abuse by re-enacting it.

Now i don't really see this profile with what little we know of the perps in the OP, judging their MO.

But if we just "off" all abusers, don't we tacitly accept that we are in some cases will just be wiping out historic victims of abuse that we never helped to overcome their experiences?

'Cos they would have been a kid when we failed to protect them, and in many cases failed to support after their trauma.

As uncomfortable as it might seem, i do think that it is possible to take some abusers and turn them around.

But i do think that once someone is deemed a genuine risk to others, that we just take them out of circulation for however long we feel necessary.

Question is how do we find the right "we" to make that decision, and what parameters do they work to?

Because this in itself is really, really open to abuse.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Well you know i cant really argue that point. After all you base your information on your life experiences, why trust my opinion or observations over others that maintain your trust? Absolutely no reason what so ever, im also a good boy, or to be more precise a family man these days.

Just clearly stating my opinion no argument necessary considering you base your opinion on second hand knowledge.

Later.

edit on 24-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We the tax paying public will have to pay to keep this scum alive & well.
Oh I'm so looking forward to that.
FML1

What I can't understand is why this crime isn't punishable by death?
I'd bet that if we had a referendum on it (UK) the public would vote for a death penalty.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Send them to general population in a maximum security prison here in the U.S.

They will be taken care of quickly.

Imagine sending them to a maximum security women's prison..... They will be torn to shreds.

edit on 24-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The most amazing part is how they created this sophisticated pedo network without the use of phones or internet. They must be experts in cold war era cloak and dagger tactics. Cause otherwise the NSA and affiliates surely would have caught them, right?

Oh, I guess they are not in the business of catching baby rapers. Just spying on innocent law abiding citizens to make sure they post on the internet properly without insulting the president and whatnot. If these guys didnt say the word "bomb" then who cares right? It would be way too much work to actually arrest criminals. Besides, they might accidentally arrest an important kiddy diddling politician who the nation/world dearly needs!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It does kinda beggar belief doesn't it?

It's not clear how long this group were operating from the two articles i have and i guess we will have more statements after sentencing... but it's pretty clear that these folk were already a risk, and that they were effectivelty caught by chance:

The NCA was called in last September when one of the men, Adam Toms, approached Avon and Somerset Police.
Two men had previously been arrested as part of separate inquiries by other police forces, and it is thought Toms, 33, felt the net was closing in.

Three of them - Robyn Harsley, David Hollyson, and Matthew Stansfield - had previous convictions for accessing child abuse images and were registered sex offenders.

One could be forgiven for thinking that no one was taking any notice or oversight of these already convicted sex offenders.

I'd like to know who was supposed to be monitoring them, and how.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

While at the core i am against capitol punishment i occasionally find that i can look the other way . This is one of them times .

Right of Community Management.
Mods here will understand.
Meanwhile in Bulgaria a maternity nurse was caught on video viciously slapping, punching and shaking a newborn.
Things like make me so mad I feel I could pull the switch for the electric chair on them myself.

Eta: Thank you Skalla for reminding me that many of these men were victims of abuse themselves.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

There are creatures in BOTH of our countries who need to return the oxygen they have stolen.
LAWS they have put in place protect these walking rifle targets,so we can't stop them.
SO MANY would LOVE to try...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Meanwhile in Bulgaria a maternity nurse was caught on video viciously slapping, punching and shaking a newborn.

As i said i am against capitol punishment . I really don't know where i would draw the line , if there even is a line . Children are sacred , It is our job as adults to protect them . Sometimes sick people get around our best efforts to protect the ones we love . Maybe the punishment should fit the crime . But i dont think the death penalty is the answer . Death never works as a deterrent .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yep, these stories really do make my nerves flare, in the revenge and outrage kinda way.

But it's at these times that i find it worthwhile to try and step back and observe myself.. and analyse my reaction a bit.

My points about the history of some child abusers is more general rather than about the offenders in the OP, but it does make me wonder how a society can pro-actively prevent this kind of stuff, and i really don't think that i have a decent answer to that.

But i cant help but think of some of the young folk i've dealt with who were pure victims, then due to that got a really messed up view of sex and emotions and needed bringing back from restarting the cycle.

Just a general comment though, rather than specifically about those in the OP.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting.

Those advocating death penalty for these abusers. Death penalty is too swift and "humane" nowadays.

They have lost the right to be human. Not even animals are this depraved.

These kind of people should have their foreheads branded and their manhood removed.

And/or

They should be used in human experiments of all sorts. Ethics shouldn't apply to them anymore as they have lost their human rights.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, those who prey on the innocent have indeed lost the 'right' to live. However I will not and do not condone any form of torture or experimentation for ANYONE, no matter WHAT the circumstances. That is a very slippery slope to go down.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

I just don't follow the sentiment I believe rapists and child rapists should suffer severely. Also I don't understand those strong enough should stand and protect them, the act of protection is suffering for the perpetrator right? Not trying to be argumentitive, the structure of your thinking seems to be lost In translation.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Suggested solution.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sadly these pieces of # will get pretty low sentences, hell they might even know the Judge as a client and will be out far too soon and as with 99% of paedophiles they WILL re-offend (normally within hours of release). There's even a chance some idiot judge will feel sorry for them and blame society. Judges these days make me cringe, just saw the Black Judge in America who branded a little white girl as racist because she's afraid of Black people after her home was the subject of a house invasion / robbery where an all black group threatened her and the family with guns.

She was something like 4yrs old, she should not have to see that sort of # let alone have some damn fool just brand her racist.

Like so many in power of some form, always have their own agenda and its never a good one..

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A lot of responses here really illustrate a point i was trying to make earlier about observing ourselves reacting to reports such as these.

Many here are too busy expressing outrage and showing the world how much they hate child abuse (don't we all?) and the terrible revenge that they would exact to see some of the underlying issues that really need to be tackled.

How could convicted sex offenders associate with each other, organise a ring to groom and rape the most vulnerable of children including long journeys across the country together, and broadcast it online without any awareness at all from the authorities?

These people were caught because one of them turned himself in.

Not because the police did their job well.

Lots of folk here are busy saying we should tear child abusers limb from limb (cool), but no one is even considering the support and therapy given to victims of abuse.

Is the sex-offender's register entirely useless in the light of this case?

Was there a lack of publicity when a group of white men committed the most heinous of abuses?

Should sex-offenders be monitored a lot more closely, including their access to the internet and online activities?

Why were the members of this gang who had already been convicted of Child Abuse offences not locked away?

Is it more important to show the world our manly outrage than to actually see what went wrong and how to prevent it happening again?

Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join