It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43 Dinosaur Eggs Discovered in China by Construction workers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

How come your speculation is a fact that needs to be reconciled, whereas a differing point of view is mere laziness and bias? You're getting second hand information like all the rest of us. Unless you were there, of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

I'm not a Ken Ham fan myself, it was an easy article to find.

In other words, laziness was easier than due diligence so why bother with facts when confirmation bias will do just fine.

But the word dinosaur didn't even exist until recently, and more than likely were what was referred to "dragons" in the Bible.

Why exactly is it "more than likely" that the dragons mentioned in the KJV Bible were dinosaurs? How do you reconcile the fact that dinosaurs were gone for just over 60 MA before the first bipedal hominids walked Eastern Africa?

You are aware that there have been other relatives of Monitors far larger than the Komodo right? There are many examples one could give that far better represent depictions in the bible than creatures that have been extinct for 65 MA

The story of Noah's ark and creation science has just as much if not more empirical evidence than the evolutionist theory. Anyway it's always nice to find dragon eggs.

Then please start a thread that will demonstrate this evidence because I've looked and it simply doesn't exist. The Noah story is not just implausible its literally impossible. And creation has nothing to do with science so there is no such thing as creation science. In science, you publish papers that can be checked by others working in the same or related fields. No creationist masquerading under the guise of science has ever published a paper demonstrating the viability of their work.

Why not address the actual issues I pointed out instead of running with a tangent on the merits of being a proponent of YEC?

Where these unknown beasts are mentioned in the bible the person involved is in a spirit vision. For example Job. The Lord takes him in spirit form to see the leviathan and the behemoth. Dinosaurs existed in an age before mankind was created. Between line one and line 3 of the creation narrative most likely. This does not require man and dinosaurs to exist at the same time. And though behemoth at least has been labeled everything from a water buffalo to a hippopotamus; neither of those actually fit what is described in the bible. A hippo does not have a tail like a cedar of Lebanon. He has a little piggy tail that flings poo like a boat propeller. The rest of the description does not fit either.

Incidently; evolution of homo sapiens from predecessor species does not conflict with the acts of a Creator of mankind. The hebrew words used if you prefer the hebrew old testament or the greek used in the greek translation leave plenty of translation room for the act of creation itself. what seems straightforward in the english translation isn't so straight forward in the original languages. Thats before you get into idioms, figures of speech, euphemisms and good old symbolism.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

How come your speculation is a fact that needs to be reconciled,

How is what I stated merely speculation? Are you implying that the current geological time scale is more speculative than dragons in the bible actually being dinosaurs?

whereas a differing point of view is mere laziness and bias?

A differing POV isn't what was lazy. Someone using Ken Ham as a source and then later claiming they're not fans if Ken Ham but picked the site they sourced because " it was easy " IS lazy and devoid of even a modicum of due diligence. The bias us confirmation bias because they picked the first link that agreed with their own preconceived notions.

You're getting second hand information like all the rest of us. Unless you were there, of course.

Unless I was where? At the KT event? Or in the lab running tests? Where exactly would I have needed to be?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

The hebrew words used if you prefer the hebrew old testament or the greek used in the greek translation leave plenty of translation room for the act of creation itself. what seems straightforward in the english translation isn't so straight forward in the original languages. Thats before you get into idioms, figures of speech, euphemisms and good old symbolism.

The same approach can be applied to the Behemoth of the bible as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

The hebrew words used if you prefer the hebrew old testament or the greek used in the greek translation leave plenty of translation room for the act of creation itself. what seems straightforward in the english translation isn't so straight forward in the original languages. Thats before you get into idioms, figures of speech, euphemisms and good old symbolism.

The same approach can be applied to the Behemoth of the bible as well.
maybe. i haven't studied it specifically, but it seems to me that no amount of translational wiggle room can make it's tail a hippopotamus's tail. plus it ate from the tops of trees. It really isn't that important though in the scheme of things. fascinating, maybe. but in a trivial way. It does not appear to be a pivotal point.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Anyway back to the subject at hand; if a human genome is 98 percent identical to a bonobo chimp then all it would take to make human progeny out of a bonobo is to splice in the two percent that is different into the bonobo genome. leaving aside that spindle issue.

likewise a bird, particularly some of the more primitive ones are nearly identical to some of the dino lineages. in fact some of the old dino genes are still there but recessive or in the non coding padding in the DNA. for evidence occasionally chickens are born with a full set of dino chompers. These poor birds are often unable to hatch or die soon after hatching but this is the actual origin of the old saying: "rarer than hen's teeth." researchers have forced the activation of these dormant genes in lab animals.

The point being to make a dino you would only need the DNA unique to a particular dino species added on to a modern bird's genome. these animals being egg layers is pretty darn convenient because it makes surrogacy easier.
edit on 23-4-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I have met people in the scientific community who believe there was once nothing and then POOF
Everything suddenly as if by magic appeared, you recon people who believe that dinosaurs are not real are as silly as people who believe in this poof theory

But hey believe what you want, me I believe there are dinosaurs in existence today, somewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wait... fossils are fake and evil things from satan? What? Eh? Just how stupid is that woman?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

There is no such word as 'Evolutionists'. And quoting AiG is like quoting Conservapedia. Worthless in other words.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Wait... fossils are fake and evil things from satan? What? Eh? Just how stupid is that woman?

you think she's nuts you should have read Jack chick's insane religious tracts. little demons planting dino bones to confuse us and bewitched being the work of the devil. people roasting in hell in graphic detail. all while a red pajama wearing pitchfork wielding red skinned horned and hooved devil cackles with glee. replete with unfortunate crowds of people with 666 in their foreheads. I think the family carried on with his tracts after he expired.

There are people that ignorant; but it is wrong to saddle all faithful with that level of ignorance when most aren't guilty of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

"These eggs are large in size, and one even has a diameter of 13cm," Du said.

How do they know they are dinosaur eggs ?

Nineteen of the eggs are intact but what dinosaur they are from remains a mystery,

Ostrich eggs are 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter and can weigh up to 3 lbs. (1.3 kg). Eggs are laid in a communal nest called a dump nest, which can hold about 60 eggs at one time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
chicken dino: www.sciencenews.org...

chicken teeth: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

"These eggs are large in size, and one even has a diameter of 13cm," Du said.

How do they know they are dinosaur eggs ?

Nineteen of the eggs are intact but what dinosaur they are from remains a mystery,

Ostrich eggs are 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter and can weigh up to 3 lbs. (1.3 kg). Eggs are laid in a communal nest called a dump nest, which can hold about 60 eggs at one time.
Many dinos had nesting behavior and rearing behaviors that are similar to birds like that. plus dinos had feathers and were basically proto-birds anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

you think she's nuts you should have read Jack chick's insane religious tracts. little demons planting dino bones to confuse us and bewitched being the work of the devil. people roasting in hell in graphic detail. all while a red pajama wearing pitchfork wielding red skinned horned and hooved devil cackles with glee. replete with unfortunate crowds of people with 666 in their foreheads. I think the family carried on with his tracts after he expired.

There are people that ignorant; but it is wrong to saddle all faithful with that level of ignorance when most aren't guilty of it.

I try not to think about Jack Chick. His work never made the least bit of sense, making me wonder if he was just insane.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I have met people in the scientific community who believe there was once nothing and then POOF
Everything suddenly as if by magic appeared, you recon people who believe that dinosaurs are not real are as silly as people who believe in this poof theory

But hey believe what you want, me I believe there are dinosaurs in existence today, somewhere.

Erm, look out of your window sometime. Those birds in the sky? They're descended from dinosaurs.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Many dinos had nesting behavior and rearing behaviors that are similar to birds like that. plus dinos had feathers and were basically proto-birds anyway.

Not disputing that ... but how do they know they are dinosaur eggs is my question

As stated they do not know to which dino they belong
Also I tend to question things and not take things on face value

My question is born of curiosity not dispute

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Not disputing that ... but how do they know they are dinosaur eggs is my question

As stated they do not know to which dino they belong
Also I tend to question things and not take things on face value

My question is born of curiosity not dispute
i imagine the geological layer is from before the advent of bird successors. or they saw partial embryos or they are expert enough to tell the difference from long years of studying museum specimens. like an anthropologist or a coroner can tell a male from female skeleton and even a skeleton's likely ethnicity from a visual inspection but a layman can't. Or a paleontologist can look at a tiny fragment of something that doesn't even look like bone and say this is a tarsal bone from a zargenfargle mole rat extinct a million years ago and be right.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I try not to think about Jack Chick. His work never made the least bit of sense, making me wonder if he was just insane.
He was delusional and sociopathic and anyone that looked forward to his version of heaven was also a sociopath if they understood what he was selling as heaven. Not the sort of persons i would want to spend eternity with.

He got hell wrong. He got heaven wrong. He got the devil wrong. He got the mark of the beast wrong. He got the cosmos, geology, evolution , biology and just about every science wrong.

He may have been right about "Bewitched" (read: modern TV and other entertainment media) though. Just kidding. (mostly)
edit on 23-4-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply ... makes sense ...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
LOL. (I'm still on the fence as to whether this mob is just taking the piss)

Oh, probably not. I did a stint in a religious school briefly about the sixth grade. It was Lutheran, so it's not like it was some off-shoot backwoods thing. But you got the same drivel - there are no dinosaurs, the whole thing is made up, the earth is literally about 8000 years old (they had the math to prove it), and all fossils are faked by taking a single small piece of old bone (probably a cow) and then making the rest out of plaster to fit.

I am a Christian who also makes a living as an Environmental Chemist. I graduated College with a major in Biology and Environmental Chem. My adviser in my College days was a Biology Professor who moonlighted as a Church of Christ preacher. Which is the MOST extreme type of christian church to some people back then. He believed the animal kingdom was created to adapt to constant change and that evolution was intended so we could survive change (which seems so obvious to me).

Most influential in his unusual position was that, like many biblical scholars who have read the original texts interpreted from ancient Greek and Hebrew, there is Genesis scripture which was probably intentionally scrubbed by the Canonization of the Bible. This text mentions that there were several iterations of this planet we call Earth in our past. In his estimation that would easily explain things like Dino's and the stories of ancient technological societies like Atlantis and how man came to be so suddenly in the archaeological records with the missing links never actually being found.

THAT truly helped form my opinions on the history of this Earth, reconciled my belief in God with my desire to understand science, allowed me a logical path to contend with my own questions and helped me to understand that the love of our fellow man as Jesus commanded IS THE WAY to peace and happiness.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join