It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43 Dinosaur Eggs Discovered in China by Construction workers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Racism is racism. The jews weren't allowed to inter-relate with other groups because they were "impure". That is racism. You can dress it up with god however you like it, but a spade is a spade.
Racists did try to use the injunction to justify forbidding interracial marriage. But with the Messiah already come and his mission accomplished what need is there to preserve his bloodline? There isn't any. plus the injunction only ever applied to jews /proto-jews. Gentiles; that's everybody else never fell under levitcal or deuteronomical law in the first place.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: s3ptopus
did this thread get hijacked? what happened to the credibility of the Dino egg lot?
the egg fossils are real. this is not the sort of fossil find that is subject to fakery by the chinese. though for complex fossils they have been caught creating chimerae before. but these are eggs. there is no way to fake em.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

Racism is racism. The jews weren't allowed to inter-relate with other groups because they were "impure". That is racism. You can dress it up with god however you like it, but a spade is a spade.
Racists did try to use the injunction to justify forbidding interracial marriage. But with the Messiah already come and his mission accomplished what need is there to preserve his bloodline? There isn't any. plus the injunction only ever applied to jews /proto-jews. Gentiles; that's everybody else never fell under levitcal or deuteronomical law in the first place.

It's great that later generations of hebrews got over the racism for whatever reason, but it's still ancient racism.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It's great that later generations of hebrews got over the racism for whatever reason, but it's still ancient racism.
No; i meant white racists in the US up until recent time. and the injunction never applied to them in the first place.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
nvm. This conversation has gone on long enough and it is off topic.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So...

Dragons were real, but dinosaurs weren't. OK, got it!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Anyway back to the subject at hand; if a human genome is 98 percent identical to a bonobo chimp then all it would take to make human progeny out of a bonobo is to splice in the two percent that is different into the bonobo genome. leaving aside that spindle issue.

That's all it would take? 2% of DNA contains millions of base pairs. One day we'll probably be able to do it but you are drastically over simplifying what it would take to modify a genome that much. Remember, humans didn't come from chimps, they split off from a common ancestor 7 or so odd million years ago and the mutations are mixed all over the genome. It's not just one section that you can cut and paste together as if it is a word document. You have to insert pieces, remove pieces, add certain codes to certain chromosomes a million times over. Even what I said there is a drastic simplification of what it would really take.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

did this thread get hijacked? what happened to the credibility of the Dino egg lot?

Most science related threads here end up hijacked by creationists to promote their agenda rather than actually discussing the discovery or the related science. It's like a modern day crusade with these folks.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Anyway back to the subject at hand; if a human genome is 98 percent identical to a bonobo chimp then all it would take to make human progeny out of a bonobo is to splice in the two percent that is different into the bonobo genome. leaving aside that spindle issue.

2% of DNA contains millions of base pairs. It's not easy to cut and paste it together as if it is a word document. One day we'll probably be able to do it but you are drastically over simplifying what it would take to modify a genome that much. Remember, humans didn't come from chimps, they split off from a common ancestor 7 or so odd million years ago.

That is exactly what the shotgun technique does though. we have had the capability to read DNA like that since the end of the HGP which ended what a decade or more ago? but we do not yet have a DNA writing technology. I bet it's close though.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

nvm. This conversation has gone on long enough and it is off topic.
yup.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That is exactly what the shotgun technique does though. we have had the capability to read DNA like that since the end of the HGP which ended what a decade or more ago? but we do not yet have a DNA writing technology. I bet it's close though.

It very well could be close. It's far from easy, however. It's taken 20+ years just to get where we are now. Just the planning involved in rewriting a genome would be tremendous. If we could one day automate that process, it would be quite impressive.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It very well could be close. It's far from easy, however. It's taken 20+ years just to get where we are now. Just the planning involved in rewriting a genome would be tremendous. If we could one day automate that process, it would be quite impressive.
i think we are close to that but getting the DNA intact in working order into a viable cell may be more difficult because of that spindle thing. it works as a way to keep the DNA curled right and for unzipping and zipping it when needed. if the spindle does not match the requirement for a specific DNA it may result improper replication or improper expression. malformed spindles are now implicated in some diseases. the spindle also does some of the stuff we thought was done exclusively by some of the cellular enzymes.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

good to know. im a newbie here....

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: borntowatch

I have met people in the scientific community who believe there was once nothing and then POOF
Everything suddenly as if by magic appeared, you recon people who believe that dinosaurs are not real are as silly as people who believe in this poof theory

But hey believe what you want, me I believe there are dinosaurs in existence today, somewhere.

Erm, look out of your window sometime. Those birds in the sky? They're descended from dinosaurs.

Look out your own window and then tell me you believe this all just suddenly poofed out of nothing.
Maybe a witch wiggled her nose, oh wait there was nothing, it just poofed

Believe what you want to believe, dont preach at me please

I fail to see the connection between the Big Bang and the fact that birds are closely related to dinosaurs. Especially given the amount of proof for dinosaurs.

I fail to see the relevance of birds to dinosaurs
or the amount of proof for dinosaurs or the relevance of what you are discussing with me

If you want to believe in something as stupid as I believe the big bang is I dont see you have a right to judge someone who doesnt believe in dinosaurs

Believe what you want to believe, its your decision.

Quite frankly I dont care what you believe about birds and or dinosaurs

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Most science related threads here end up hijacked by creationists to promote their agenda rather than actually discussing the discovery or the related science. It's like a modern day crusade with these folks.

Did you not read the opening thread Barcs, this thread wasnt about dinosaur eggs it was about people believing that dinosaurs didnt exist

Its in the origins and creations forum, You notice?
Comprehension skills a bit amiss today?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Unfortunelty these will no longer contain biological material. It is a fossil. So, it's just a rock now.

Although I haven't read the article.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have met people in the scientific community who believe there was once nothing and then POOF
Everything suddenly as if by magic appeared, you recon people who believe that dinosaurs are not real are as silly as people who believe in this poof theory

But hey believe what you want, me I believe there are dinosaurs in existence today, somewhere.

Erm, look out of your window sometime. Those birds in the sky? They're descended from dinosaurs.

Look out your own window and then tell me you believe this all just suddenly poofed out of nothing.

I fail to see the connection between the Big Bang and the fact that birds are closely related to dinosaurs. Especially given the amount of proof for dinosaurs.

or the amount of proof for dinosaurs or the relevance of what you are discussing with me

If you want to believe in something as stupid as I believe the big bang is I dont see you have a right to judge someone who doesnt believe in dinosaurs

Oh dear. Science really is an alien concept for you, isn't it? Birds are descended from dinosaurs. It's a simple concept. We have lots of fossils that prove it. Despite what that moron thinks (she really seems to believe that fossils were discovered after the theory of dinosaurs, which is so stupid that my sides still hurt from laughing) we know that dinosaurs actually existed. So, yes, that gives us all the right to point at her and laugh. Loudly.

By the way, this thread is not about the Big Bang. It's about dinosaurs. It's about cold, hard, verifiable facts. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh dear. Science really is an alien concept for you, isn't it? Birds are descended from dinosaurs. It's a simple concept. We have lots of fossils that prove it. Despite what that moron thinks (she really seems to believe that fossils were discovered after the theory of dinosaurs, which is so stupid that my sides still hurt from laughing) we know that dinosaurs actually existed. So, yes, that gives us all the right to point at her and laugh. Loudly.

By the way, this thread is not about the Big Bang. It's about dinosaurs. It's about cold, hard, verifiable facts. Deal with it.

so then you could understand why I am happy to point at you and laugh, what you believe is as absurd as her beliefs, you just cant see it. Your statement pertaining to her reflects my opinion of you

and I will tell you again, ponder it.
I dont care what you think of birds and dinosaurs, its irrelevant

Go figure, the big bang

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'll bet you they're dragon eggs!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

i think we are close to that but getting the DNA intact in working order into a viable cell may be more difficult because of that spindle thing. it works as a way to keep the DNA curled right and for unzipping and zipping it when needed. if the spindle does not match the requirement for a specific DNA it may result improper replication or improper expression. malformed spindles are now implicated in some diseases. the spindle also does some of the stuff we thought was done exclusively by some of the cellular enzymes.

We do have the DNA intact in every living bird, their ancestral DNA inherited from theropod dinosaurs ( raptors) is still present. We need to start with a bird and work backwards, in effect reverse engineer the bird. Modern bird’s DNA contains a genetic memory that could be ‘switched on’ again, resurrecting long-dormant dinosaur traits. In 2005, Matt Harris and John Fallon, developmental biologists at the University of Wisconsin, proved birds still carry dormant dino traits by injecting the embryos with a virus designed to ‘turn on’ the relevant gene for teeth. Two weeks later the growing chicken embryo sported teeth with the same curved shape as dinosaur fangs.

The technology is advancing so fast, in sequencing genes and in putting genes back together, and in manufacturing long stretches of DNA.’ Larsson now believes that in a hundred years or so, geneticists could retro-engineer animals that appear identical to Mesozoic dinosaurs. ‘Why can’t we take all the genetics, just change it around a little bit, and produce a Tyrannosaurus Rex, or something that looks like one?’ he asks. ‘I think that kind of scenario is quite possible. Maybe sooner than we think.’

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join