It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood Sleep Paralysis And Astral Projection

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

What can you do there?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Well the wise decision would be to sit on the beach and talk about it until i know more about this. Why are you avoiding all of my questions? What can you do in the astral plain? What is the benefit of going there?

If you ask a guy how a car drives, and he invites you to take it for a spin, how is that avoiding your questions? Isn't that better than a dry answer which you can only choose to believe or not believe?

What can you do in the Astral Realm? Anything and everything because there is no space/time outside of our perception of it in the physical reality.

What is the benefit of going there? What's the benefit of any pilgrimage through life and existence? To gain introspection on ones own existence and the Universe around them. You really have to answer that question yourself, I can't possibly tell you what you'll specifically you'll benefit from it. Maybe nothing at all.

The astral realm, like the physical realm, is an inexplicably intense phenomenon of experience. An entirely different sort of phenomenon, that in comparison makes normal waking life look like absolute sleep. So it is an extremely unlimited phenomenal realm, beyond space/time so the laws of physics don't apply. Neither does the concept of death.

Why bother with it? Well, why bother with looking into the universe and yourself at all?

edit on 22-4-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: Visitor2012

What can you do there?

In that realm? Everything.

Can you affect the physical realm while in it? In my experience (which is the only one I ever speak from ) I don't think it is even remotely possible. It's an entirely different realm of experience all together. And that all these videos purporting to show people manipulating the physical world while experiencing the astral realm, in my opinion, is not possible. The physical realm, has its own laws. They can not be broken. The subtle realms have no authority over that. I suppose you can say that each realm of experience has its own associated self-governing laws. Although I've yet to see any such laws in the Astral realms, neither lower or higher. Maybe someone can enlighten me if they've discovered such a thing.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

If you want to successfully project than this experiences are welcomed and when they happen, the right way is not to fight it and just let go of ALL thoughts and fear, just try to stay conscious and have the eyes closed all the time!

I feel like I've been on the edge so many times........

I always get freaked out and snap myself awake by sitting up or shaking my head back and forth.

As someone with panic disorder I have such a hard time accepting all the weird feelings.

I've had a bout of SP only once.

Ever since my spiritual strength has faded, I haven't felt anything like that or similar.

I was at a point where my conviction was so strong (in the astral, our eternal energy, and the unknown possibilities) I would manifest positivity and expierience Synchronicity daily.

I plan on getting all that back, I'm starting to believe again....

edit on 22-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: Linkage

edit on 23-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: Fixng

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: TheJourney

You had a lucid dream (exploring the subconscious). Astral projection is different (projecting within the subconscious). Both are always happening in the mind and there is no actual location to project to. Btw, as someone who has astral projected -- it is overrated and romanticized too much by new agers. Unless there is something to gain from the experience (insight attained towards certain matters concerning yourself that can be applied) you are nothing more than being a marco polo of the astral realm.

The world outside my window is far more interesting.

I have found that you can create any perception you would like. All you have to do is focus your mind on the perception you want, sight, sound, feeling, whatever. Essentially imagine it in a focused way. If you do this, you will create the actual perception of it.

Waking reality (the real world) operates in the same manner, but only in *hindsight*.

Lucid dreams are a psychological function of the brain involving the mind. Lucid dreams occur more commonly with all of us than most people realize. Most people awakening from a dream are aware of the fact they were dreaming and will remember vaguely or in detail parts of the dream, but in a rush to get on with their day, they forget that they were actually lucid dreaming; therefore it becomes in their awareness just an ordinary dream.

Here's an easy way to consciously train your mind to (remember that you are having) lucid dreams: When you awaken from a dream and faintly remember you were dreaming, allow yourself to fall back asleep with that awareness. Start there.

Astral projection experiences, which is not the same as lucid dreaming, should never be shared publicly because the experience was always meant to be personal. I do get a kick out of new agers fantastic stories that are polluting the internet. It's akin to a kid not knowing Santa Clause is not real but believes everyone else is buying into his story of having dinner with Santa at the kitchen table.

Again, the world outside my window is far more interesting because it is constantly there....to be experienced and played with...

I have found that you can create any perception you would like. All you have to do is focus your mind on the perception you want, sight, sound, feeling, whatever. Essentially imagine it in a focused way. If you do this, you will create the actual perception of it.

If you usually sleep eight hours; set your alarm to wake up around 5 hours; then give yourself the command to carry yourself back into the dream more aware. Keep doing that an you will develop the ability to lucid dream at will.

Why are you saying my astral projection experience was a lucid dream? I have lucid dreamed regularly through it my whole life...the time I astral projected was different...I left my body...I already have taught myself to basically lucid dream on command...and fall asleep consciously...I'm not sure why you're acting like I don't know about lucid dreaming and mistook a lucid dream for astral projection.
edit on 22-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My sleep paralysis consisted of heavy pressure on my back, asphyxiation, and paralysis. This last about 45 seconds. I awoke to find myself in this state on 3 separate occasions. There was no sensing of a demonice presence...other than my girlfriend at the time, lol. When we finally ended it for good, never had it happen again....astrial projection sounds interesting and a welcome experience away from what I described. Pardon my ignorance, but is astrial projection just a dream or something more? Ty

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

So what is the benefit of astral projecting?

What's the benefit of life?

If you can quantify an answer to that, then just apply it to the astral realm and remove the physical limitations of time/space.

Again with the esoteric nonsense. You gonna teach me and change the world with me or are we gonna sit here in this circle jerk of speculation?

You could have all sorts of interesting experiences that would shake up your world-view if you were actually willing to put in time and effort. I'm sure I could have astral projected more times by now, except that certain lifestyle choices have rendered my ability to remember dreams and all such things non-existent. First, I would try to learn to fall asleep consciously...the best way to do this, I have found, is to set an alarm for a few hours after falling asleep...after waking up, make sure you actually wake up somewhat, but then lay down and close your eyes again. You must let yourself relax enough to fall asleep, while simultaneously making sure you maintain awareness. A good method I have found that helps with this is to repeat in your head a part of a song you like, over and over. This will become redundant and dull enough to where you can become disinterested enough to fall asleep, yet it will help you to maintain focus so that while you fall asleep you do not lose awareness.

You will go through a variety of stages. You may experience the hallucinatory qualities of the brain. Possibly your mind will start to form images, and if this is your focus they will get more and more detailed and vivid until it is a whole environment, and then you will be in a dream. Thus, just through this, you will have experience about what exactly constitutes a dream vs. a regular hallucination. And then, if you can do all of this, the next time you are in this in-between state, rather than focus on images and the like, instead focus inwards, on internal sensations. You should feel very tangible energy within yourself. Use your breath as a means of cycling this energy, as if the energy is building momentum with every in and out breath. Out breath pushes it down, in breath pulls it up. This energy, which is your astral body, will become incredibly, overwhelmingly intense. When it gets to this point, try using an out breath to throw yourself out of your body. You may be partially successful, throw yourself out only to find you get yanked back into your body as if you were attached by a rope. Just keep building up the intensity of the energy with your breath, and trying to throw yourself out. If you stick with it, you should be able to leave your body, in your astral body which is the energy you were feeling. Once you have done this, you can explore the astral realm to your heart's content. Though I'm not sure the astral realm is just one thing, as I understand it there are different layers to it.

This is not something you can just do overnight. It takes some work, but it will be worth it. And through these experiences, you will learn to distinguish between hallucinations, dreams, and the astral realm.
edit on 23-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

yes, it is true. It is scary. You don't know what is going on for the first time. But just try to reassure yourself that you are only lying in bed and nothing bad can happen. Just let it go ... of fear, of thoughts, your eyes closed.
This is just natural process and after a few times it is a piece of cake because you know what is going on and you can stay fully relaxed.

But I dunno about your panic disorder and how it mixes with this stuff. I mean it could potentially be a trigger because of all the fear. Please be very careful. Maybe do some meditations first to get yourself really relaxed.

And I think that full moon has an effect and it makes it easy for me to project around those days. Even in meditation I feel different, my anjana chakra is really pulsing.
---
I don't have the motivation to defend anymore and I will not dance to your tune
I know the truth and validity of my claims by experiencing them myself. Everyone can do that to if interested - just start with meditation and build your path from there.
---
My goal in astral world is to find guidance or experience for further understanding of who am I, which is at the core of many different religions and is the main goal of spiritual seekers who managed to get beyond the shackles of religion.
edit on 1429778471441April414413015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Again you dance around the issue. Are you going to teach me and prove it to the world with my test or not. Stop changing the subject. Yes or No

You sound like a creationist asking someone to prove evolution. When the body of proof that science has been able to put together is presented they dismiss as incomplete and say that it doesn't prove anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Why won't you answer his one simple question. What can you do in this Astral Plane?

It's not a simple question. Astral projection could cover a wide range of different phenomena. It could be that there is no true "projection," but rather a combination of ESP and unintentional PK activity. It could be that astral projection is a particularly powerful altered state of consciousness which both induces a subjective impression of mind-body separation, and greatly enhances the person's clairvoyant psi capacities.

There is abundant evidence in the parapsychological literature that altered states of consciousness are psi-conducive. Of course, I wouldn't expect pseudo-skeptics to know that, they don't bother with the literature because they think they have it all figured out already. Dreaming is an altered state of consciousness - the conscious and unconscious minds cooperate, and the stage for non-local awareness and mind-matter interaction (PK) is set.

👣

edit on 709ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Maybe you can help since Visitor won't respond to my requests.

Here is what I propose

You teach me how to project to this astral plane and then we conduct my experiment to prove we went. If you haven't read it it consists of this.

We both go under observation by doctors at two different locations. The ones observing me will have a question I am to ask you that I will have no previous knowledge of and will only be told before I project. You will have an answer to provide me given to you by your group, unknown to you until right before you project. Neither group will know what is being relayed to us by the other beforehand. Your answer to my question could be nonsensical. We meet, I ask, you answer. We come back and compare. Prove our interaction and information exchange in a way that is repeatable/testable. Settle this once and for all. You game?

Yes.

First off, what you are requesting me to show you is not astral projection. Secondly, there is not *travelling* done at all in astral projection. It is impossible to show someone how to do that anyway since it is an involuntary (it unfolds for reasons I cannot explain at times when never expected). This is why most of the stuff on the net re:binuaral beats, meditative techniques etc. claiming to induce astral projection are bunk.

We both go under observation by doctors at two different locations.

You are speaking about remote viewing and that is different. Fortunately, I can show you the equation for that like E = MC2 but you will have to do the work to find out why E = MC2 is actually possible (critical thought + deep introspection). In other words, I'm willing to give you signpost to follow in order for you to connect the dots on why it is a possible.

Just for the record: I'm not one of those new age chakra spirit guide higher-self love and light type. I cannot stand those stories of opening and spinning chakras, etc. The new age movement can go %#%& themselves...and take their fairy-tale stories with them!

There are a few effective methods of remote viewing, but it depends on the consciousness, the will, the interior intuitive understanding as to why it is so...and much practice.

My method:

1) with eyes open

2) with quasar sounds or pulsing white noise in background

3) Raja Yoga breathing rates until in a mild trance

4) Have someone else give you coordinates of a target, any set of 4 or 5 numbers can do (the number is not relevant just a cue to respond quickly) but you can use Latitude and Longitude for the thing to be viewed as well

5) Immediately after hearing the coordinates, draw any quick single line or curves that hit you -- don't lift the pen and stay under 1 sec.

6) The line is your download in a code but not in a form you will recognize (it is like a thumb drive containing info so the shape is irrelevant, just a capture process). The subconscious will handle the rest...

7) Now draw or write what comes to mind. What you get is shapes, colors, hot/cold, etc. (environmental parameters and sometimes emotional responses). After a hundred efforts you should be rather good at this.

Btw, pay close attention to #7. The experience you believe take place or what it involves is much different in reality. All is mind.

You teach me how to project to this astral plane...

This waking reality is astral projection; usually accompanied by an avatar (body) at birth. Can't teach that.

You do it every time you fall asleep and wake up also. You're doing it right now. Just one landscape gets more attention as being real and the other less so. Inception is a branch of astral projection (extract insight from the subconscious through symbolism of dreams). It loses its romantic notion when spelled out like that, huh?

This physical world is magical; I personally don't know why the fuss to entertain ourselves with stuff as astral projecting. A ticket to Bora Bora is much more appealing and objectively real to ALL the mind's senses Yet, a small shift in perception creates bohemian shifts in consciousness. However, you won't find any of that wisdom or any solid truth in this present new age thought movement. The new age thought movement is jammed packed with story tellers...

I actually joined this site for the metaphysical forum but got quickly turned off by stories of crystal healing and chakras. In fact, it's threads like this that make those of us who experience these naturally since forever roll our eyes.

Tons of $ to be made selling snake oil and some use it as a time killer telling stories of having experiences.

The devil is the details.

Always pay attention...

edit on 23-4-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

U2U me. The discussion further here would only turn negative as Ive mentioned. I am bound to help those seek with honesty, not disbelief and annimosity. And I will know the difference.

The choice is mine, the questions, yours. The reality of projecting is absolute and positive. The next step is yours...but any answers, discusions or evidence wont be found here...but along the plane(s) that are always unseen alongside us all.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I'm not referencing remote viewing. I'm saying we both project to this place everyone says is real and exchange the information in the test. If its real, and we can visit it, then we both go at the same time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Share here, please. I will reciprocate.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I know, but he was...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm not referencing remote viewing. I'm saying we both project to this place everyone says is real and exchange the information in the test. If its real, and we can visit it, then we both go at the same time.

You simply do not understand the weight of what you're saying. There is an entire UNIVERSE of experiential phenomena which includes every archetype of everybody you've ever known, within you. Now I've only been astral projecting for ten years, and I explored it until I finally got the point. Now I rarely trigger intentionally. However, there might be someone out there who has managed to coordinate a meeting with another physical being astral projecting. Like I said, you can meet everyone you've ever known within the astral realm, and the physical person would be none the wiser. Let me emphasize this , I don't mean visiting them in their physical realm, I mean visiting their omnipresent body within the astral realm itself.

One reason I fathom is that the subtle ethereal body which the physical one is manifested from, is omnipresent by nature. It is already beyond space/time. So as such, there is a version of yourself EVERYWHERE at the same time. It's as if you are in a state of superposition for lack of a better term. This subtle body, is the source of the physical one. The one most people refer to as themselves.

Like a tree can go everywhere with its branches, without needing to move itself. The root of the tree, is the subtle body I'm referring to. And the physical body would be one of the infinite leaves on a branch. So to speak.

But anyway, again, back to space/time. This 'Place' you're referring to, isn't a place at all. The Universe itself isn't a place. This 'place' is not space/time bound. It's not under the laws of the physical realm which requires space/time to exist.

That which creates the phenomenon of physicality, or the phenomenon of the astral realm is not a locality. The task isn't remotely as simple as you make it seem. But that's understandable. If ever I met a being in the astral realm, it was their omnipresent subtle body.

edit on 23-4-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You've been claiming for pages that you want to learn to do this stuff for yourself, so I gave you a method, aaand you ignore it...so, looks like, as anyone would have suspected, your purported interest in learning for yourself was feigned, and you just want to deny it from a foundation of having no experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 23-4-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It was one who taught me once about posting controversial information on the reality or astral travel, where it can be picked apart, disemminated, deconstructed, misunderstood and rebuked as fake or untrue. That achieves no real helpful purpose.

I never said, nor could I refuse, to honestly answer, sincere questions for this is how we find each other: the teachers, mentors, practioners and students. Unfortunately, on-forum discussions bring on the doubting unbelievers...and for those of us who are proficient at the process, need not convince anyone of anything...for us, it is real, valid, important and for some...closure. It is not up for debate for us. We are real.

Those of us who have the ability need no convincing of any one, nor open general discussions on the hows and whys and if's, and already understand the deeper nature of being a "sensitive"...of which is a small part. I am blessed with that intuitive quality-gift as well. I sense negatives 100 ft away in a crowded room...but that is something else for someone else question...some other time and place.

It is important...even necessary...to help all those who ask...its part of the deal. It would take to long to explain nor will I here...but I will help where and when anyone I can...answer or explain any question or process about it asked of me. We find ourselves this way...and others who want to astral travel and maybe always could...but never knew or realized it. There are just as many negatives on the plane(s) as positives...and they deceive. There are many ways to leave your bed or chair without getting up.

So, I end here again, and will just answer private and direct any and all honest inquiries to those that I can. And if I cant...I will point to the right direction of someone or thing that can.

Thank you for your reply MS

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I have been reading about it, which is why my posts stopped. Quit making assumptions about my actions

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join