It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood Sleep Paralysis And Astral Projection

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney
Depends on just what you experienced.

If you have had sleep paralysis and never have experienced the other side of it. Well my friend consider yourself lucky, because you would likely # your pants if you would have experienced it, if you could that is. But you cant because of the whole paralysis thing.

Most experiences in such things are like looking at the ocean through a keyhole in a door. You wont see nothing but a few glimpses of this or that and even if you did, it would be fully impossible for the human mind to grasp even fractions of it. But as the total human conscious network increases that keyhole will get a bit bigger each time.

So really its cool cheese and all. But its just dreams and nightmares for now.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Funny how I don't recall "Journeys out of the body" having anything to get anxious about but then again that depends on the individual. I suggest you push through because I think some of the answers that you are after might be the answers that Monroe comes across later in the book.

One of the things that I like about Monroe is that he doesn't try to extrapolate. He writes in a refreshing "this is what I did, this is what I experienced" fashion. He doesn't try to explain or validate other ideas or theories.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Thanks! Hmm, don't know what made me anxious, I think I'm just generally anxious lately. I haven't been meditating for weeks now, cause I know I'm gonna have these AP as soon as I calm my mind again and I would like to be better prepared next time.
I'm so curious about this and want to know it all and get really involved and then I feel like I get really close and I pull back. I'm like that with a lot of things. I will definitely give it another shot and read on!

a reply to: kennyb72
I reread the whole thread and wanted to ask you about Pythagorean Hylozoics. Do you have a good link for that or a book suggestion? (I know, I can ask Uncle Google, but there's a zillion results, don't really know what would be a good one.) (It's not thread related but I still can't send private messages)

Another thing: could it be that I saw someone who Astral Projected and visited me?
It happened twice, the first time I was dead tired but kept myself awake cause I was watching something on TV until like 5am and when I was finally going to sleep I was so tired, it didn't feel like falling asleep more like passing out and then this woman came into my bedroom, kinda walking/floating. She was tall, wearing a colorful wide flowing dress, very friendly (I wasn't afraid at all, just surprised) and she leaned over me and kissed me on the forehead. I have no idea who that could have been. But is was very nice and very loving!

And the second time, I was sleeping and while I was waking up, I saw the face of an old friend of mine, floating directly above me face as if he was leaning over me. His head was about twice the size though. Now, I haven't seen him in about 15 years and I have no pictures of him and I can't picture his face anymore when I try to, but here he was, clear as day! Unfortunately I can't check with him, haven't spoken to him and wouldn't know how to get in touch with him.

Possible?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I reread the whole thread and wanted to ask you about Pythagorean Hylozoics. Do you have a good link for that or a book suggestion? (I know, I can ask Uncle Google, but there's a zillion results, don't really know what would be a good one.) (It's not thread related but I still can't send private messages)

Hi justbe, The first book I read on hylozoics was 'The Explanation' by Lars Adelskogh, which is a summery of the work by Henry. T. Laurency. All of Laurency's work and Adelskogh's 'The explanation' can be read online, or if you scratch around you will find the PDF versions to download.

Looks like you have four more post to make before your U2U is activated.

this woman came into my bedroom, kinda walking/floating. She was tall, wearing a colorful wide flowing dress, very friendly (I wasn't afraid at all, just surprised) and she leaned over me and kissed me on the forehead

Somebody who loves you from the other side or even still alive.

I saw the face of an old friend of mine, floating directly above me face as if he was leaning over me.

From this side or the other, it doesn't make much difference when in the astral body

Possible?

Everything is possible if you are sensitive enough to witness it.

edit on 4-5-2015 by kennyb72 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So, I just finished "Journeys out of the body" and what made me a little anxious about it, were his negative experiences, the weird story about the plane crash and the heart attack and just some other weird adventures.
I am very susceptible when it comes to stories like this. (That's why I would never watch a horror movie.)
I don't like flying all that much and I rarely do, but whenever I get on a plane next time, I know I will remember Monroes story about the plane crash dream and the heart attack. Probably just because of my fear of flying, this sticks in my head. And I wonder if the heart attack is in any way related to his experiments (I know, he wrote, he doesn't think so. Does he mention anything else about that in his other books?).

BUT, I also know, those were his experiences, based on his mind/life/fears/desires and his interpretations. All that doesn't necessarily mean, that it is exactly the way it is for anybody else.
Nonetheless, it was a very interesting book and I'm glad I finished reading it. However, I decided to not read any more books about this until I have made more of my own experiences. I'm going to continue to focus on the fun part for now, to stay positive and I already asked my friend to not wear black next time and to meet me outside on the street so I wont get so freaked out when he's standing inside my apartment.

Also, I feel easier about all this now because I can openly talk about it now (here) and I'm really thankful for all of you who have read my posts and responded.

Thank you

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I do have more questions (especially to kennyb72) and with this post I can finally U2U

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So, I actually had another experience two nights ago.
I've been feeling really stressed lately, especially the last two weeks, up to the point where I have stomach aches (I get that when I'm stressed) and so I decided, I have to start meditating again.
I did that night, but only for about 10 min, I just couldn't relax enough, too many thoughts running thru my mind. And I already had a felling that I will have a lucid dream again.
I always read a book before sleeping, I lay on my back with a pillow on my stomach so I can hold the book with very little effort and thats how I usually fall asleep (book in my hands, lights still on).
So, I was reading, next thing I know, I'm drifting away and I can feel my upper body vibrating. That caught my attention and I was waking up again, still had my eyes closed and I could still feel my arms vibrating. It was actually a pleasant feeling. So I just laid there for a little bit, feeling it, then I opened my eyes and the vibrating started to fade away.
After that, I was quite awake again, so I kept reading for quite a while and eventually I got really uncomfortable on my back so I laid on my side, holding the book, head propped too high and I was actually even more uncomfortable than before, but thats when I passed out again. I'm writing "passed out" because it's not like falling asleep; I'm awake, reading, but next thing I know, I'm sitting on the edge of my bed.
The good thing was, the light was still on, that already made me relax. So, I'm sitting there, not feeling scared cause the light was on and getting ready to stand up when I noticed something in my throat. Now, here comes the funny part (at least to me, this never happened before). I feel like a scratch in my throat and I tried to clear my throat a couple times but just couldn't do it and thats when I started to get anxious and wanted to just get back. I was back instantaneously and as I was waking up I realized I was snoring! Now, I don't snore, at least, not that I know of. And I contribute it to laying in that awkward position with my head on the side and up way too high.
I actually had to laugh when I realized what had happened, I was more relaxed and was hoping I will have another episode that night (I didn't) and when I woke up in the morning I felt better and I felt more relaxed and energized during the day. Probably also because I've been a little anxious about my next lucid dream cause this was the first one since I started to talk about it and read the Monroe book.
Anyways, there are two things I learned that night: First, I am connected to my body and if there's something wrong with it, I feel it. And second, if I want to get back, all I have to do is think "I want to go back" and I am back immediately.
Now that I have experienced this, I feel much better about it and I cant wait to see what happens next.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hi there again justbe, I just read through your last post and it seems that it was quite a positive experience on the balance.

I think the whole thing with sleep paralysis is, that occasionally our physical body does enter our awareness, and I have heard the scientific explanation that when some people report the terrors, it usually involves some entity sitting on there chest.

In some cultures is has been described as the ‘old hag’ The scientific explanation says that we become overcome with fright and being in a lucid state we sort of conjure up something evil looking because our mind has become fearful.

The weight experienced on our chest is attributed to the very shallow breathing that our bodies fall into during sleep, but we become aware of it, and interpret it as something sitting on our chest. It’s not a bad explanation and to a degree I would concur with that.

In your case your lucid dream was that you where awake, but you where in fact sleeping and snoring which by your description seem quite probable, given the position you found yourself in. Of course the sensation in your throat was your snoring which I believe you realised when you awoke.

I can’t say, that in all the times that I got the buzzes and entered into lucid dreaming that I ever felt entirely comfortable with the experience because you feel quite alone. On a number of occasion I have reached out to my wife just to feel normal again and of course I couldn’t wake her because I was still actually fully asleep lucidly dreaming.

The last time, only a few weeks ago, I swung my legs out of bed and stamped the floor and convinced myself I was awake but I wasn’t. That is how real it appears.

As I have explained before, I can’t say that I remember astral traveling out of our dimension but I am sure I do, but my veil of memory is very complete and I never get to bring anything back with me, but I still believe I travel.

I just had to take my dog outside for his last leak before bedtime and something came to me that may explain something.

According to hylozoics we are constantly present in three distinct dimensions. The physical the emotional world (maya) and the split dimension of mental and causal dimensions.

In the lower emotional world Maya, our physical world is still visible to our consciousness. When we see the room around us in our lucid dreaming state we are most likely in Maya the world of illusions.

It is most likely we hang onto this vision as it is our comfort zone and so logically if we where to visualise another place in that state we would find ourselves there.

Because we are tethered to our physical body, we most likely conjure up an illusion that is very real, after all this is the world of illusions and a recollection of many astral travels could well be these illusions manifesting in our mind.

When we die, according to hylozoics, it is this world that we first visit with our discarnate consciousness but our experiences seem even more real then, as it drift between our illusions and a sort of permanent reality on the emotional plane. The longer we are there the more we can discern between the two.

I think the most important thing for you to remember is that it is a natural thing,and nothing to be fearful of. If something not nice does show up to just tell it to leave and know that you are loved and protected from a plane much higher than the emotional plane.

You are tethered to your body which is very resilient and is in a way your life line. It is as strong as the life force within you and cannot be severed by anything outside of the physical world so don't worry about that. Just don't panic and remember you are protected always. Sometimes you can feel as if you can't return but if you relax you will just slide back into awareness albeit sometimes a little ruffled.

Happy lucid dreams mate!

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join