It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
If you abolish government, you disband the monoply

Just like you disband all laws.

Sounds like a good plan

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

Sounds like a good plan

Anarchy and government are both forms of organization.

One is natural organization, the other is coercive organization.

If you don't like corporations using government to beat you--get rid of government.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

Sounds like a good plan

Anarchy and government are both forms of organization.

One is natural organization, the other is coercive organization.

If you don't like corporations using government to beat you--get rid of government.

That sounds like a strange logic. I would get rid of corporations personally. Governments have been here for much longer. From tribal societies to modern ones, humans, as social animals, have always favored organization based on the power of individuals, elected or not.

I understand you are an anarchist, I just personally think it's not a sustainable organization model. You talk about "natural organization" and it seems like governments have naturally evolved as the most successful human organization model.

If I can chose between being governed by the coercive power of money (corporations) and the coercive power of politics (governments) I choose the later.

Just a personal preference.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If you would bother to look....

This thread shows precisely that ATS is leaning to the Right....far Right.

If you consider the ratio of who is posting; imo the vast majority is Right Wing. And when Bush is selected the Right can do their little happy dance in celebration of their day in the sun; just like when "W" was at the helm. Happy days are here again....
edit on 21-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

There you go, you just opened up the floodgates, here come the truth-seeking star children:

-the two party system is just there to control us!
-they're all the same, man!
-I've figured it all out! It's all a show for the masses!
-TPTB are the ones really in control!
-everyone who believes in the left/right paradigm is being TRICKED
-*insert music video here*
-*insert quote about both sides being a illusion here*

Are we done? Can we have a legitimate discussion now? Politics never go anywhere on this board because everyone has fed their internet-ego so much by browsing alt news sites they think they already know everything. Anyways, the people here are either a Ron Paul extreme libertarian psychopath or an 'open-minded' yawner of a person posting in the latest "fox news is stupid" topic. Everything between that is the "both sides are the same!!" bore fests that ruined this as a place to discuss politics.

Rant over. Do what you will

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

I dont think people here are either left or right.

I think most are either slightly right or left of center.

Also, most young people tend to be left minded. As people grow they mature and see that slightly conservative ideals are more practical.

Youth is ignorantly and arrogantly idealistic, often willfully ignoring common sense in light of their being raised in a world that lies to its youth. You are told growing up that there is fair and unfair. That always gunning for the "righteous" cause is the way to go and the consequences be damned.

Its not that sometimes you must stick to your guns, but that always balance should be your goal.

As people grow older and wiser they see through these lies and realize that there is no fair or unfair. That there are no innocents and that ideals are what shape us but not the guiding principles of life. BALANCE is.

The argument of the far left is always an appeal to moral heart strings founded on the lies told to youth. The far right hinges its argument on the appeal to fear that is also instilled in youth.

A moderate can not tell a lie, and will not try to scare you....unless he /she is not really a moderate.

The two party system is a complete lie founded on fear of the other side. BS in its totality.

Dont use other peoples labels to identify yourself.

edit on 4 21 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If you consider the ratio of who is posting; imo the vast majority is Right Wing. And when Bush is selected the Right can do their little happy dance in celebration of their day in the sun; just like when "W" was at the helm. Happy days are here again....

Or it could be that the title led people who lean right to post.

There are a lot of regular names missing form this thread - regular names who lean left in their views.

I would guess if someone posted something asking about Left Wing, you would draw the opposite crowd.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As a well-known Leftie, I stay away from threads pointing fingers at the human mass pigeon-holed as being either one party or another. I find it a little all-encompassing because there are some on the 'right' that make good sense and some on the 'left' that could use a reality check.

In regards to what I see here on ATS, when the left is in a position of power, those members on the right are more vocal and, conversely, when the right is in power, the left pipes up.

Today, it's Obama and the Democrats. In the recent past it was Bush. While Bush was sitting as POTUS, there was quite a bit of liberal pushback on ATS.

Times change and different folks get activated.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I agree with this except that I want to add a little bit. During major election years, ATS becomes pretty much dead even between leftists and righties.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think overall the discourse is great for all sides. I was a hardcore democrat when I joined and now after countless debates I just lean to the left, and have completely rejected the democrat party. I have learned volumes from both the left and the right posters here. More importantly after debate you start to see how your opinions are molded by media. There are millions of dollars spent to shape our public opinions your not a member here long till you see and understand this.

I have also witnessed this in some of the most right wing posters here. With our interactions we learn as we go and grow as people.

Knowledge is power and I wish for the right wing nuts to keep on posting and for the left wing nuts to do the same, we are all growing and learning and this is great for us all.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

To position an example of what I was referring to near the beginning of this thread... If you view Jeb Bush as "Far Right", then you've got to be standing pretty damn close to the leftist fringe yourself. Jeb isn't remotely "far right." Most of us way over here in Apocalypse Now territory view Jeb as an extremely liberal Republican In Name Only, along with Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani, and any "Republican" from the state of Maine. Moderates would probably see Jeb as being pretty middle of the road, because he most likely is. He seems to agree with Obama on many issues while also disagreeing with him on an equal number... kinda the definition of a centrist.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I enjoy it here because it is one of the few places where you can read an actual conversation/debate between opposing viewpoints without it necessarily having to devolve into the standard crap you see in so many comment sections.

I don't dislike people who think differently than I do. It takes a lot for that to happen. You need people with different ideas, and you need discussion and debate in order to turn ideas into practical solutions. The depressing thing is that people get too attached to the ideas to get to the solution phase.

It's like being an author and being too in love with your original ideas to mold them into a working plot line which usually sees huge sections of stuff you might absolutely adore being chopped away for the sake of making something coherent.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

This happened to me as well. You should see some of my original posts on ATS. Much more in line with standard right wing fear propaganda. Even though I have always rejected the Republican/Democrat paradigm, I was still being manipulated by its propaganda machine.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

To position an example of what I was referring to near the beginning of this thread... If you view Jeb Bush as "Far Right", then you've got to be standing pretty damn close to the leftist fringe yourself. Jeb isn't remotely "far right." .

Actually, I've been labeled a "people like you" on ATS....so I guess that is on the fringe. Which side is anyone's guess.
It took awhile, but I'm very content in that position now; to observe the ideologically challenged and their intellectual masturbation, rationalization, and illogical meanderings. Sort of a cyber voyeur with a cynical streak as long as your arm.

Jeb Bush is a dyed in the wool neocon, playing the political perception game, trying to lure in the moderates.
However when the Iran war starts, and it will, he will pretend to be the patriotic Right Wing darling to drum up the support all wars need to be profitable. It's an established "Bush" pattern. You haven't noticed?
edit on 21-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

To position an example of what I was referring to near the beginning of this thread... If you view Jeb Bush as "Far Right", then you've got to be standing pretty damn close to the leftist fringe yourself. Jeb isn't remotely "far right." Most of us way over here in Apocalypse Now territory view Jeb as an extremely liberal Republican In Name Only, along with Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani, and any "Republican" from the state of Maine. Moderates would probably see Jeb as being pretty middle of the road, because he most likely is. He seems to agree with Obama on many issues while also disagreeing with him on an equal number... kinda the definition of a centrist.

Chris Christie's recent remarks about cracking down on marijuana legalization make him a true Republican.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Rand Paul looks pretty far right. But he talks left?

👣

edit on 933Tuesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The two party system is the natural result of a non proportional system.

Make what you want of that

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think we should pick our next president if they can survive a week in Jurrasic Park.

With all the dinosaurs loose.

And we cover them with blood and dino-scent.

And we duct-tape their legs together.

Anyone with me?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Jeb Bush is a dyed in the wool neocon, playing the political perception game, trying to lure in the moderates.
However when the Iran war starts, and it will, he will pretend to be the Right Wing darling to drum up the support all wars need to be profitable. It's an established "Bush" pattern. You haven't noticed?

Based on warmongering being your qualifier for neo-conism, I'm assuming you believe most of DC is neocon, including the presiding administration? Sorry to sound jaded, but trying to apply misuse of America's military and full support of the M.I.C. to one party over the other is simply not supported by recent history.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: ketsuko

As a well-known Leftie, I stay away from threads pointing fingers at the human mass pigeon-holed as being either one party or another. I find it a little all-encompassing because there are some on the 'right' that make good sense and some on the 'left' that could use a reality check.

In regards to what I see here on ATS, when the left is in a position of power, those members on the right are more vocal and, conversely, when the right is in power, the left pipes up.

Today, it's Obama and the Democrats. In the recent past it was Bush. While Bush was sitting as POTUS, there was quite a bit of liberal pushback on ATS.

Times change and different folks get activated.

The rest of the world widely made fun of and disliked Bush. The rest of the world was full of hope for and praised Obama.

Either that means the rest of the world are all leftists, either that both the American left and right don't fall in the traditional left right paradigm.

If you ask me, democrats are progressive right and GOP conservative right. There is no true meaningful leftist party in the US
edit on 21-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join