It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is very true.

Even those that hate both parties will criticize the left before they criticize the right. They'll slam the liberals before the conservatives.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Too many Rand Paul supporters, not enough mushroom supporters. 🍄

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is very true.

Even those that hate both parties will criticize the left before they criticize the right. They'll slam the liberals before the conservatives.

Likely because we are living under the left at the moment. I'll bet things would be very different if the situation was reversed. Like it or not, the Left is The Man right now, and if you have a forum of people who like to Speak Truth to Power, then that means we are speaking to the left.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
It needs a line about tree-hugging.

'Go away tree huggers we got nothin' to discuss.
All you wanna do is raise taxes, go put on your banderas'

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's funny this applies perfectly to the US too.

It's not a characteristic of the voting system. It's a characteristic of politics in general. It's still true extreme parties gain weight when moderates abstain. See European countries for example.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is very true.

What I find amusing is you have all these members that claim to reject the GOP and call themselves Libertarians but consistently fall RIGHT in line with Rush Limbaugh, the one and only real conservative republican spokesperson aka their true leader.
edit on 21-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup.

When the GOP gets the White House this next cycle... The thread titles will read thusly:

Why is ATS so Left Wing.

They did when the Shrub was in the Oval Office. I doubt it'll be much different this next time around. Much as I may wish for it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Why do people continue to falsely push the notion that politics are 1-dimensional??

There is more than just "the left and right" and the only true difference between the two are purely economic.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not bad.

'Go away tree huggers we got nothin' to discuss don't make me cuss. Beware I got a blunderbuss. You can't take it away, you're so gay, try it and make my day. Punk.'

👣

edit on 720Tuesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There is another conspiracy board where posters are consistently right wing though.

I wonder how many of those in favor of more collectivism on ATS are Americans. I always had the impression collectivism isn't very popular in the land of the free even if that seemed to change lately
edit on 21-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not bad.

'Go away tree huggers we got nothin' to discuss don't make me cuss. Beware I got a blunderbuss. You can't takei t away, you're so gay, try it and make my day. Punk.'

👣

That made me laugh so loud, someone came to my office to check on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Oh and you could also say ATS was a liberal bastion when GWB was in office, so it seems the opposite party become more vocal when the other side is in office.

Or, perhaps, the people on this site hate democrats and republicans equally.

I've criticized democrats and have been called a Republican and conservative, and I have criticized republicans and have been called a liberal and a democrat.

Personally, I hate both political parties because they are both authoritarian.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

I've no idea how many Americans would be in favor of collectivism. I'm certainly not...but I'm just one person.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I've no idea how many Americans would be in favor of collectivism. I'm certainly not...but I'm just one person.

I collect comic books and small porcelain bunny figurines.

Does that count?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Comic books, eh? Me, too...

But no, I don't think that counts... Sorry.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I understand that position but to me it always seemed to be applicable only for as long as life is treating you well.

It's easy and logical to be against it when you have a succesful life or come from a wealthy family. Most people don't like to share and it's understandable. Until you need a very expensive medical treatment or need help to support your handicapped children. Then you start realizing it's a lie when some say everything is possible if you work hard enough. Life doesn't always play fair. Far from it. That's why societies are about individuals putting their common interest before their selfish one.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's idiotic to imagine that only the government is corrupt by power. The corporations and financial system are ten times more. And there is only one power that can stand against corporations: the political.

Corporations, by their nature, write laws?

No.

Corporations, by their nature, have militaries?

No.

Corporations, by their nature, have police forces?

No.

What happens when a corporation wants you to buy their product? They make advertisements. You don't have to buy it if you choose not to.

What happens when government wants you to buy a product? They write a law and force you to purchase it under threat of fines or imprisonment.

Corporations can't do that. If a corporation needs funding they have to work on the basis of the equivalent exchange of value--you get a product or service and they get money.

If a government needs funding they create a tax and put you in prison and take your assets if you don't pay it.

Corporations have money.

Government has money and the monopoly on power. Hence why corporations buy politicians--they know who has the actual power.

"Governments are bought by corporations so we need government to protect us from government being bought from corporations"

^your logic.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Corporations use lobbyimg to impose their laws.

Corporations can hire private military to subdue locals in less developped countries.

Corporations are getting always mor power each day and if the trend continues one day the dreams of sci-fi writers will become true and megacorps will replace governments.

Unless we prevent it using the tool at our disposal: democracy.

link   

That's true enough, I suppose.

I"ve been in that position, though. When my mom was sick, and later died; the financial hit was, to put it mildly, extreme. Not to mention the funeral. My Dad had by that time retired...air force pention, and SS don't go very far in those situations. Insurance covered a bit, but no where near enough.

I ended up having to, along with my sisters, cover the vast majority of it. I recall having those thoughts a time or three...

In the case of catastrophic events? I have no problem with helping out others who may be hurting...I've done it before, and I'll undoubtedly do it again. Why? Because it's what you do when people need help.

Where my issue with it begins is when it becomes coercive.

link   
Edit: double post

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join