It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's been more investigation, documentation, inquiries and paperwork produced over Benghazi than the 2nd Iraq war. Four people died in Benghazi and 5,000+ US servicemen died in Iraq -- that doesn't include civilian casualties.

The entire thing when put into perspective is ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't see it. Sorry.

What I do see are Leftist who call ANYONE who is to the right of their views, a right winger.

I have conservative friends who accept my Independent views, but I have Liberal friends who cannot stand the fact that I do not think EXACTLY the way they do.

I find it funny actually, the party of "tolerance" is anything but.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
I don't see it. Sorry.

What I do see are Leftist who call ANYONE who is to the right of their views, a right winger.

I have conservative friends who accept my Independent views, but I have Liberal friends who cannot stand the fact that I do not think EXACTLY the way they do.

Shh your Right Wing Compassion is seeping through. Seriously, this is why I left the Right...anyone who doesn't agree with my World View (tm) is a Leftist who must be stopped!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

I don't see it. Sorry.

Shh your Right Wing Compassion is seeping through. Seriously, this is why I left the Right...anyone who doesn't agree with my World View (tm) is a Leftist who must be stopped!

LOL, no compassion. Just the truth from my corner of the world. The Liberals around here are just a special kind of breed.

I do seem to always get the "You're a Republican" from my Democrat friends. And I have gotten the same from my Republican friends, calling me a Liberal. Just nowhere near as often.

Lets me know my mind is in the right place when they do that though.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I too disagree. I think there are haters from all sides.

Conservatives just seem to be more outspoken than many, and unwilling to accept any other view point than their own, which makes them seem like they're much more aggressive than others in their responses.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

I think the majority of people on here hold both conservative and liberal views. There used to be a time when people werent chastised for having both conservative and liberal views on things. We need to get back to that. The two political parties love to keep us polarized and at each others throats, because that is in their best interest, not ours. Here in the US, I long for the day when instead of wanting to get into a fight with you for disagreeing with them, people just raise their shoulders and say "its a free country". Thats how all political disagreements used to end. And we were a better country then.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's the well proven tactic of ' Divide and conquer'.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982 the right has shifted so far to the right that moderates are now labelled leftist for not sharing Bill o'Reillys view of the world

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That's the truth. I've tried to point that out on here but was, ""disagreed" with. The one thing worse that a Far Left, is a Far Right. One says "feed and house the people, regardless of whether they want it or not" the other says "Let them all feed themselves".

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: poncho1982 the right has shifted so far to the right that moderates are now labelled leftist for not sharing Bill o'Reillys view of the world

The same Bil O'Reiley who pandered and ass-kissed his way to an Obama interview? Ooooh, so conservative!

There is a Boy Who Cried Wolf story playing itself out in politics in America right now. Just a scant 25 years ago, when I was growing up, I was taught that libertarians were marginalized liberals. Now, today, the GOP and the Democrats have shifted far enough to the left to make true libertarians appear to be further right than the GOP. This constant claim of "Far right! Far right!" is ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Who do you think you are fooling? I see threw you. You pray to the FOX News Antichrist god. Don't deny it...lol a reply to: poncho1982

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dagann
Who do you think you are fooling? I see threw you. You pray to the FOX News Antichrist god. Don't deny it...lol a reply to: poncho1982

LOL!

Had I not voted for Ross Perot TWICE, I might agree with you...

As it is, I have only voted for the winner in Presidential elections ONCE since 1992

Being an Independent is a very disappointing thing sometimes. Sadly,. our votes are usually AGAINST someone, rather than FOR them.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
After seeing all of your responses and the results of this poll, I must admit that I was incorrect in assuming that most people here are conservatives.

I don't get into politics much, to be honest, and perhaps it was just my bias as a liberal that made me feel surrounded by "right-wingers".

I wrote this thread after reviewing the results of the 2015 presidential poll where it appeared there were far more votes for republicans than democrats.

Anyways, ya learn something new everyday!
edit on 23-4-2015 by thesearchfortruth because: you're to your

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't see it. Sorry.

Yea but let's be honest... ALOT of conservative viewpoints are derogatory.

Anyone who has had an abortion is a murderer, rape or incest doesn't matter, still murder.

Anyone on government assistance is a moocher.

There god is going to kidnap your soul and torture it for all eternity if you don't convert.

Exc, exc, exc

Quite a bit more negative then "let's raise the minimum wage".

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

The same Bil O'Reiley who pandered and ass-kissed his way to an Obama interview? Ooooh, so conservative!

There is a Boy Who Cried Wolf story playing itself out in politics in America right now. Just a scant 25 years ago, when I was growing up, I was taught that libertarians were marginalized liberals. Now, today, the GOP and the Democrats have shifted far enough to the left to make true libertarians appear to be further right than the GOP. This constant claim of "Far right! Far right!" is ridiculous...

What do you consider far left?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I too disagree. I think there are haters from all sides.

Conservatives just seem to be more outspoken than many, and unwilling to accept any other view point than their own, which makes them seem like they're much more aggressive than others in their responses.

I think it's the (prob new) conservative position that anyone with a different plan hates America and wants it destroyed. Not has a different idea that they think would be ineffective. They are evil and should be destroyed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Very true, a lot of the right wing rhetoric is hateful and mean and not really on point or open for meaningful dialogue or discussion.

If I say, well NASA says there is man made global warming...let's discuss. I get "...stupid brainwashed greenie...what's your agenda?" LOL

That's a typical response. Or as someone posted on my face book timeline " If you voted for Obama Twice, you're too stupid to argue with."

That's pretty dumb statement. So many people are brainwashed these days. They believe everything they hear on the radio.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: Entreri06

Very true, a lot of the right wing rhetoric is hateful and mean and not really on point or open for meaningful dialogue or discussion.

If I say, well NASA says there is man made global warming...let's discuss. I get "...stupid brainwashed greenie...what's your agenda?" LOL

That's a typical response. Or as someone posted on my face book timeline " If you voted for Obama Twice, you're too stupid to argue with."

That's pretty dumb statement. So many people are brainwashed these days. They believe everything they hear on the radio.

Yea I live in the south. So it's easy to see how it happens. The GOP propaganda permeates EVERYTHING down here.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I don't see it. Sorry.

Yea but let's be honest... ALOT of conservative viewpoints are derogatory.

Anyone who has had an abortion is a murderer, rape or incest doesn't matter, still murder.

Anyone on government assistance is a moocher.

There god is going to kidnap your soul and torture it for all eternity if you don't convert.

Exc, exc, exc

Quite a bit more negative then "let's raise the minimum wage".

Here's where you're wrong:

Not all (not even close to all) Conservatives are religious nut jobs.

Not all (again, not even close to all) Conservatives are racists. But I do know Liberal racists and I know Conservative racists. It's a human thing, not a political thing. History is rife with examples of one group not liking another for whatever reason.

Most Conservatives are normal everyday people who believe in personal responsibility. And most Liberals would also love to see people helping themselves, and taking responsibility for their lives.

And as an Independent, I am going to say it. Anyone who is on Government Assistance for years and years without trying to better themselves are indeed moochers, and those who like to keep them that way are no better than slave owners.

Every Conservative I know has said they believe abortion is fine in rape, or incest cases. As a matter of fact, they believe that is the ONLY time it should be legal. But the left likes to harp on that anyway. Me? I believe it's not my call, and should a woman chose to do it, it's between her and whatever God they do or don't believe in. I personally don't agree with it. I'll be honest. But like I said, I believe in live and let live. Freedom.

Just like not all Liberals are intolerant, tree hugging, gay, bakery haters. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join