It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Police Seize 11 Y/O Boy After School Presentation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm telling you that the teacher likely made the report to the police on the chance that there was something going on. He or she is bound by law to do so. I also explained why that is.

I'm telling you that the teacher gave permission to do the report in the first place. To me, that is entrapment.

If I teacher hears a speech on legal pot and reports based on that, then the same teacher could hear a report on S&M and report based on that. It's not about what is or is not legal, but on possible harm that could be happening in the home to the student. If the teacher knows or suspects and it is later found that he or she did not report, then he or she could be held liable. That is the law.

Possible harm? What possible harm comes from marijuana use? The study that long term use may negatively effect your intelligence (that is now being questioned by other scientific outlets)?

Also reporting to the police because you think a child's parents do kinky stuff in the bedroom is BEYOND nosy and flat out wrong. If you associate S&M with child abuse, then you don't know what S&M is.

So ... yeah, what else was the teacher supposed to do? It's potentially his or her own legal future at stake.

Not report. I wouldn't have. If the teacher hadn't reported, it wouldn't have come back on him regardless of the perceived danger. Pot isn't dangerous.

I am not making a comment on the law one way or the other, only telling you how it is and why which is what the first post covers.

This was an extraordinarily DUMB way for the kid to make his report.

I'm putting the dumbness on the side of the teacher. The teacher shouldn't have reported a non-issue to the police.

Dangerous or not, "non-issue" or not, the kid confirmed the parent was breaking a law. Teachers are mandated reporters, if they even catch a wiff that something could be wrong in a kids house, ANY CHILD, they have to report it, or they will be under the knife. The teacher was in the right, the law may need to be revised and the child should NOT have done what was done.

Talking to a teacher is nearly equal to talking to the police.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

Kids and crazy officials can get you in all sorts of trouble....

I remember I would Murph my son, which is pulling his pants wasaay up.

My gf would say " tell daddy you dont like it up the butt !!!

......can you guess what happened at school ???

Maybe this seems "fun" to you and your GF.....humiliating your kid and then having your GF make sexual innuendos about it, seems pretty mean spirited .

she was talking about his pants, its a misunderstanding.

humiliating ?

dont become a social worker my friend

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jough626

Dangerous or not, "non-issue" or not, the kid confirmed the parent was breaking a law. Teachers are mandated reporters, if they even catch a wiff that something could be wrong in a kids house, ANY CHILD, they have to report it, or they will be under the knife. The teacher was in the right, the law may need to be revised and the child should NOT have done what was done.

Although I think the teacher was partly responsible by allowing the presentation in the first place, it isn't her actions that bother me so much. I the way they treated the boy, without notifying at least the father, who lives in a separate home.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So Dorothy town is free of crime. All the bad guys are behind bars and police have no job. So they are hunting ill patient's?

The place sound like 1980 town filled with low educational people. Mostly farmers that hang too much time in bar?

quote]origine]originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: windword

Kansas failed it's medical marijuana legislation.

There will be no medical mj in that state for a while,
and because of that fact, this is what happened. The boy should of not of been encouraged to do a presentation as it is an illegal substance in Kansas, and as such, he openly admitted that it was being used illegally by his mother.

That gives the police the right to move in regardless of what anyone thinks for or against medical mj.

Do I think it is right? No, but it is something they should of seen coming,
it is just common sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

It doesn't help that this took place in Kansas.

Ah, Krazyshot ... as bigoted as you think. Oh, wait, I'm sorry that slogan should have said, Kansas as bigoted as you think.

Please, Kansas is no more or less bigoted than anywhere else in the country.

Apparently you don't live here because if you did, you'd know otherwise.

We (not by my vote) elected a Republican Governor who believes the planet, and humans are 6000 years old, he has gashed our education spending which hits the predominantly black schools the hardest and under his direction the medical marijuana legislation doesn't even reach the point of a vote. Then we (not by my vote) re-elected the scumbag.

Outside of the large population centers, Kansas towns have very few and in most cases zero minorities. Those that do move into small towns are often harrassed until they move away. My sister married a black man and in my own hometown, thier kids faced daily dirty looks and under-the-breath comments....from adults, and constant harrassment at school for being "mutts, half-'n-word's and 'n-word's". They now live in Texas in with their dad (my sister passed from health issues) and they get NONE of that at school or in public and Texas is viewed as by many as a racist state.

So don't tell me or anyone else that Kansas isn't any more bigoted than any other state. I was born and raised here, have travelled & lived all over the country and I know better. The only reason I live here now is to be close to my remaining family.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

When is the federal government gonna step up and stop allowing these states to harass and incarcerate people who aren't hurting anyone. The marijuana prohibition is beyond antiquated. And to add insult to injury to these poor people, these state government officials campaign on limited government and personal freedom.

Sometimes I wonder if the prohibition continues because they're afraid of the backlash from the millions of people who were and are in prison from it. They will have to admit that they were wrong. And we know how much our government loves to admit when they're wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Reflection

$$$$$$$$

That's the beginning and end. With the continued & failed War on "Drugs", multiple government agencies generate far too much money for both the government and private corporations. Through property & cash seizures they generate money for all the LEO organizations across the country and fill up the taxpayer-funded-privately-owned-for-profit-prisons. We have something like 10% of the global population but 70% of the global prison population, mostly black males and mostly for non-violent drug related offenses. All of the laws that make this possible were put in place by white males who grew up in an era when most believed blacks to be an inferior sub-species. Those men were born in the late 1800's, early 1900's and the next generation of white males in power extended and enhanced these laws.

It is time that We The People took an honest look at these policies put in place by social dinosaurs and reverse the great injustice imposed on the American People. But big money, big corporations, big pharma and all their lobbyists stand in the way of meaningful legislation, or any sort whatsoever, but in particular on the War on "Drugs" front.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yet another demonstration of the abject stupidity that those in government are capable of, and yet more reason for those who already disrespect government to respect it and law enforcement even less. Just because they have the power does not mean they must exercise it, and when they exercise it, at least do so respectfully rather than tyrannically. They have discretion yet lack the sense to use it intelligently.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There seems to be some confusion on here about the use of medical marijuana and, in this case, cannabis oil as a medication.
People using such things for medicinal purposes are not stoners, "drug" users or abusers. They are simply taking / using natural substances for medical reasons.

If the mother in this case was popping half a dozen different prescription pills a day for her condition, there would be no issue to be dealt with at all. But, because she was using a natural remedy, and probably a very effective one at that, she must be punished for taking profits away from big pharma corporations. Once again, let's be clear on something, she is not a "stoner" or drug addict, despite what ignorant people may think. Does someone taking strong prescription pills and getting a little "high" get arrested for drug use? Of course not!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LowTechRedneck

We can only hope (please to their god ) that some of these assholes get cancer and have to be pumped full of their poisons that they love soooo much, have their hair all fall out and really suffer because in no way do they want to help anybody but their own greed power hungry selves. Very fitting karma for individuals that only want to profit out of other peoples suffering and will not allow people the use of substitances that can alliviate a lot of pain or alternative cures that have been proven to heal people. We are definitely not talking about recreation drug use here.
One day all this bullying and manipulation by politicians and leos will come back and bite these bullies and the results will not be pretty as they have destroyed all trust in the system.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Ah yes, I remember the day my Mom got the call from my High School about my report I did on Legalization.

That was in 1989, I was a senior in High School.

We had an assignment in POD class (Principles of Democracy) to write a report on ANY subject we choose, concerning an issue we believe needed changed Democratically.

So, I chose marijuana legalization. I wrote about medical uses, making textiles, and paper, saving trees because multiple yields can come from a field of marijuana each year. Etc. And how the only way to overcome the federal ban was to have local elections decide the matter in each state, until the Federal Government was forced to rescind their prohibition.

Got an A+ from my teacher, and then a call to my Guidance Counselor's Office, where the Principle, the Vice Principle, and my Mother were waiting. I got the talk about how it is illegal, and I was opening myself up to suspicion, they were going to call the police, and every other cliche threat you can imagine. I called their bluff and told them to call the police, and I would call the news, and any media that would listen. I had the written assignment instructions in my folder, and it specifically said "ANY topic you wish to see changed through the Democratic Process" I was simply following the rules, and they just didn't like my chosen subject. Not my problem, talk to the teacher about being more specific. My Mom supported me, and eventually the grade was allowed to stand, but the subject was "not to be brought back up in class".

I thought we had come farther in 25 years, but alas, I guess not.
edit on 21-4-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

It doesn't help that this took place in Kansas.

Ah, Krazyshot ... as bigoted as you think. Oh, wait, I'm sorry that slogan should have said, Kansas as bigoted as you think.

Please, Kansas is no more or less bigoted than anywhere else in the country.

Bigoted? What does that have to do with anything? Kansas is a notorious red state and has strict anti-drug laws. There are clearly reasons why, but that wasn't what I was getting at when I said the above.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Then that teacher shouldn't have told the kid to do the presentation.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982Why is a plant that is so universilly useful shunned just because a few use it as a recreational drug. Many useful products can be made from hemp that has a THC level so low that it would take pounds to get stoned but know we must ban this to. Hemp products can be made into textiles, paper, rope and building materials such as hemp board and hempcrete. Hemp plants are also one of the most effective plants as a carbon sink soaking up huge amounts of carbon. Hemp oil has an almost perfect balance of omega 3 to omega 6 oils as well as natural chelators to help unblock clogged ateries. Hemp oil has an effect on the brain which helps eleviate pain.
If you started to discuss a lot of other subjects such as ufos or different conspirisy theories that did not comply with official history you would also be quickly shut down. Many things and subjects that were outside of official indoctrination would not be allowed to be discussed or written about in essays that were of a serious nature no matter how good your evidence may be. i personally know of teachers that have beened warned not to discuss certain subject matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The more that those who are afraid of change fight to stop it from happening, the faster they ensure that that which they fear will indeed come to pass.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Seems a bit like waving a red flag at a bull and then blaming the bull for charging you. Right or wrong, the bull is doing what bulls do. If you don't want to get charged, don't wave a red flag at a bull.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I respectfully submit that when they want them to, all flags look red to cops.

a reply to: Detergent

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"he was allowed to and made a very lucid and convincing presentation to his class in rebuttal of a drug education class at school"

- nobody likes being told they're full of it. gold star for that kid

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
a reply to: ketsuko

I for one salute the mother for teaching her kid the truth and not indoctrinating him into the propaganda. Yeah, it was a monumentally bad decision to have him make a presentation about it, but is this woman a criminal? No. Should the police have been involved? Hell no.

That's as may be. My husband and I will likely allow our son to try a beer before he's 21 in the confines of the home, too, but that doesn't mean we'll encourage him to go to school and make a loud presentation about how the alcohol laws are wrong specifically highlighting how his own parents let him drink as exhibit A for why that is.

I think you are misunderstanding. I don't use any drug and yet I can understand a woman in pain with a horrid disease like crohn's disease and the need to spread understanding of the MEDICAL use of a substance that is truly a godsent when we speak of PAIN. When we are in pain we would do anything to stop it, there is no real life with chronic pain.

So now because a kid knows how much this helps his Moms pain and wants others to understand this kind of use should be legalized...

A Kansas woman is fighting to keep custody of her son

They interrogated the child without an adult, they did not arrest the Mother so why is she having to fight to get her son back?

The inflammation caused by Crohn's disease often spreads deep into the layers of affected bowel tissue. Crohn's disease can be both painful and debilitating, and sometimes may lead to life-threatening complications.

While there's no known cure

www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Then that teacher shouldn't have told the kid to do the presentation.

Exactly, he is a kid, she allowed the presentation on the good that pot can do for pain and other responsable use to counter the schools drug no use in any circumstance. Surely she should not have held the boy responsible and if anything should have given him an outline first of off limit subject matter (like the illegal use by anyone he knows).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join