It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I think it would be great on chicken! So far I just ate a few leaves to see what it tastes like. LOL I love how it grows, all these tiny little leaves.

Morning Sheddites!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi Martin! Good to see you! Love the kitty pic!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey night! I LOVE my kitties!!!

I hope to post my next story entry by tomorrow. Danielle is coming by for our Monday yoga torture session. If she just abuses me and leaves I will finish and post tonight. Sometimes she acts like she likes me and stays to gossip over tea and a smoke.

Hope everyone is doing great! Monday is over with. Although it was a crazy busy day for me; it's over, so I am one day closer to the weekend. I feel as if I am slowly wishing my life away!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Looking forward to your next story entry Martin! I think we all wish our lives away. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Spent most of my weekend chasing Norfolk & Western 611 across Southwest Virginia as seen here. It was fun seeing people that were going after it get pissed off by others and get a warm "Welcome to Virginia!!" by the Virginia State Police, Roanoke City, Salem, and Roanoke County Police.

Spent the day Friday and Saturday with a couple of friends chasing Norfolk & Western 611, a J Class steam engine, as it took to the ribbons of steel that she once called home. As this masterful piece of steel and mechanical engineering took part in Norfolk Southern's 21st Century Steam program running public excursions between Roanoke, Radford, and Lynchburg, Virginia. Taking place over a three day period along the Christiansburg and Blue Ridge Districts of Norfolk Southern's Virginia Division.

Out of the three videos that were shot on Friday afternoon. One of the first locations in the video shows the 611 assaulting Christiansburg Grade as it comes into Shawville, Virginia on a dreary Friday afternoon. The next two videos were taken at Vicker, Virginia while the 611 was on its way to Radford, Virginia to turn around. The next day, Saturday, saw a couple of more locations that were taken advantage of.

The first shot on Saturday was taken from the Blue Ridge Parkway at Bonsack, Virginia just after the morning excursion trip departed Roanoke for Lynchburg, Virginia. A few minutes and few miles of playing catch up and pass. With the luscious green rolling hills of southwest Virginia setting the backdrop. Our next shot is from the one lane wooden bridge over the Blue Ridge District at Lowry, Virginia as it nears its destination of Lynchburg.

With the two previous shots being out along the line between Roanoke and Lynchburg. Our next shot was a little different of sorts in how it was done. After visiting the old freight depot in Christiansburg, Virginia. A quick decision was made to go across the street to the antique shop to ask for permission to film from a couple of windows that were open. After chatting with the owners for a few minutes and explaining what we were doing. We were granted permission to shoot from their building as the 611 passed the former Norfolk & Western freight depot.

After getting our shots at Christiansburg, Virginia. We were off to Pelton, Virginia to catch the 611's eastbound return to Roanoke. In what would turn out to be the last place that we saw the 611. The old J Class steam engine from the Roanoke Shops makes another run eastbound up Christiansburg Grade as it headed for Roanoke to end the day of excursion trains.

Climbing out of the Roanoke River Valley on a dreary Friday afternoon. The Norfolk & Western 611 is seen assaulting Christiansburg Grade as it comes into Shawsville, Virginia.

Starting out the day on Saturday with the morning run over to Lynchburg from Roanoke. The Ol' J is seen passing through some of the lush, green vegetation of the Blue Ridge Mountains as she rolls east along Norfolk Southern's Blue Ridge District at Lowry, Virginia.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hiya Chooch! looks like you've been busy. Nice shots!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night love! I've been trying my best to keep busy here lately and that proves it. It felt great to get back to those places once again and to get to ones that I hadn't experienced before. I WILL be making a return trip down here in the future with or without any steam locomotive.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Looks left. Looks right. Looks down the hall. Looks in many rooms. Ok, where did everybody go this time?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Some of us were sleeping in a private corner away from all the action - How are you Night?

Not much is going on here - I'm thinking of seeing if any ATS members want to go out to Cedar Point on one of the upcoming weekends; I was going to go Saturday, but got forced to change my plans up a bit. This weekend was long - went hiking about 5 miles each of the three days I had. I'm also rapidly picking up on my violin as well; at first, the instructor wasn't really a fan of my violin (it was a factory-made Strad copy from Ohio, very beat up and poorly made). But as we keep coming to the lessons, she's trying (and failing) to find anything wrong with it! So it sounds like even though it's a cheapie, I got a decent instrument for the money.

-foss

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Foss!!!!!!!!! So happy to see you!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased to hear that you are keeping up with your violin lessons! That is a fine instrument to be learning! I am really looking forward to hearing you play some day. Don't forget to make us a video!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It was still early when Jala and I woke up and ate a quick breakfast. The day before, we had been sent a message from Mahdi to meet him at the hidden waterfalls. Jala said that it would be an easy walk but it would take most of the morning. We packed enough food to fix our guest a nice lunch and headed off. Along our journey Jala explained that Mahdi traveled our world to gain knowledge and share this knowledge with others. He believes that it was the divides of the last cultures that started the wars and he hopes to “Find the thread of knowledge that ties everyone back together as one.”

The waterfall was hidden deep in the cave and it took another 30 minutes once we entered to reach it. Once you got past the dampness the landscape was beautiful. Mahdi had already arrived and was sitting waiting on us at the waterfall. I’m not sure what I was expecting; but a child was not it! Mahdi doesn’t look a day over 16!!! He has very small pointed features with a headful of bushy hair in every color you can think of. His voice comes out like a melody; with such a beautiful cadence. He is dressed in what appears to be some kind of uniform but it comes off looking more regal than military.

After making introductions Jala began making preparations for lunch and told me to show Mahdi the necklace. I retrieved the worn pouch and slowly withdrew the glimmering necklace. Even as it sat motionless in my outstretched hand the gems seemed to glimmer. Mahdi slowly took the necklace and proceeded to take a good luck at it. As he was looking it over I explained all the things that we had experienced.

“Martin, can you try to wear the necklace again?” Mahdi asked passing me back the necklace. “I think, although this was found, it was made to be worn by you.”

“I can try but the energy it puts off once clasped around my neck is very overwhelming”.

I slowly took the necklace and placed it around my neck. As soon as the clasp was closed I could again feel the humming of energy flowing from the necklace.

“I don’t know how long I can take it Mahdi! It feels like the energy will burst right though my body!”

“Calm your mind Martin. Let yourself feel what the necklace is bringing into you. Give yourself over to the power that it is sharing with you.”

I tried to clear my mind and concentrate on the energy that was swirling around and through me. Little energy dots filled my vision until I could no longer see the cave, waterfalls, Mahdi, or Jala. Hot sensations ran through my limbs and although strong they didn’t really hurt. Wind came from nowhere to whip around my body, as if it too wanted to fight in this battle for my soul. And as suddenly as it all started, it stopped.

I was once again in the cave with the waterfall. Only something was different; very different.

edit on 7/8/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
I LOVE Cedar Point! We were hoping to make it up this fall but it doesn't look like we are going to be able to find the time to do it. I want to ride the Gate Keeper!! The Maverick had just opened the last time we went up. Millennium Force will always be my favorite.

Night - How are you hun? Hope that you are enjoying your day!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Great entry to the story Hun! I am well though it is so hot and humid outside! Yikes! Decided to cook in the crockpot today for supper. My Mom, Sister and I had tuna grinders for lunch. Too hot to cook! Getting some laundry done and just chilling on the computer.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hiya Chooch! I think I'm going to put you on our night shift to guard the shed since we don't get too many posts at this hour. Of course if there are any huge problems, just call in the dragons.

Haven't heard that song you posted in ages. My oldest brother would like that. he is in a band that plays oldies. Gonna shoot over to youtube for a bit. Night!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello all of Shed Land Accasia!! Been out flying the skies for the past couple few days and have not had a chance to be on a computer. I Hope all of You are well. We are both fine...

Later for now!! Syx...

edit on 9-7-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Syx really does mean flying the skies....WOW..

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey everyone!! I hope everyone is having a great day.

Syx & CC - It's so nice to have you guys "fly by"

Gimme- You sure do stay on the go! I'm going to have to start looking around the tracks to see if I see ya

Night - Tuna grinders sound amazing. I'm not much of a cook, my darling husband does most of that, but crockpot meals are the best. It's like that old infomercial....set it and forget it. LOL. He makes an awesome chicken fajita in the crockpot, I think its my favorite!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi Syx, CC, and martin! And...Hello to all our regulars and lurkers wherever you may be!

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join