It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk woman wanders onto freeway in high heels Almost killing other drivers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido
a reply to: Boeing777
so many entitled spoiled brats here
starting with the title which should read:
Drunk woman wanders onto freeway in high heels and is Almost killed by inconsiderate drivers

i get you auto worshippers wish you could just drive over people, a la DeathRace 2000;
Gods of The Macadam forbid you're 2 minutes late...
especially when most are just cruising, not really going anywhere in particular or in general in your lives.

we had a case locally a few years ago
"I'm truly sorry I killed your son, but if i'd been late getting to the beauty parlor i'd have missed my turn!"

i'm sure many have similar stories of their own. fortunately, none of those getting on this womans case [or into her pants, albeit vicariously], will be inflicting us with them,
unless you're caught of course

Is this guy for real ?
Doesn't ATS have some standard about intentionally trolling ?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: AdamuBureido

I don't know who or what gave you the idea that pedestrians have the right of way anywhere on the road but you are dead...DEAD wrong.

90% of the laws involving pedestrians and right of way are in conjunction with crosswalks and intersections and I don't know of any interstates that have either.

thank you, you prove my point
what gave me the idea was common sense and Self-Value.
and those laws came into being to satisfy selfish people who dont see running over somebody as a tragic loss of life,
but are more concerned with their paint jobs being scratched or any dents on the hood.
anybody who gets run over is completely to blame in their minds...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't know who or what gave you the idea that pedestrians have the right of way anywhere on the road but you are dead...DEAD wrong.

90% of the laws involving pedestrians and right of way are in conjunction with crosswalks and intersections and I don't know of any interstates that have either.

and those laws came into being to satisfy selfish people who dont see running over somebody as a tragic loss of life,
but are more concerned with their paint jobs being scratched or any dents on the hood.
Did you actually watch the video? Do you honestly think anyone here WANTS to run someone over? Had this woman been struck, or her car struck, or one of the men trying to help her been struck, it would all have been on her. She walked onto a high-speed highway in an inebriated state, in the dark. I don't understand how you can accuse someone who may have ran her over of not having "common courtesy". When you drive onto a highway, you have a certain expectation that the way in front of you will be clear, and that any accidental obstruction will be made obvious so that you can avoid it. Did you see the near miss towards the end of the video? That guy came upon the parked car and the men on the shoulder unexpectedly. He swerved and missed, not out of "common courtesy," but a quick reaction and a very healthy dose of luck.

There's absolutely no justifying blaming one of the passing motorists had they hit her. Do you not drive a car yourself?
edit on 10-4-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Did you actually watch the video? Do you honestly think anyone here WANTS to run someone over? Had this woman been struck, or her car struck, or one of the men trying to help her been struck, it would all have been on her. She walked onto a high-speed highway in an inebriated state, in the dark. I don't understand how you can accuse someone who may have ran her over of not having "common courtesy". When you drive onto a highway, you have a certain expectation that the way in front of you will be clear, and that any accidental obstruction will be made obvious so that you can avoid it. Did you see the near miss towards the end of the video? That guy came upon the parked car and the men on the shoulder unexpectedly. He swerved and missed, not out of "common courtesy," but a quick reaction and a very healthy dose of luck.

There's absolutely no justifying blaming one of the passing motorists had they hit her. Do you not drive a car yourself?

SHE WAS NOT IN HER RIGHT MIND, though i'm well aware of efforts to hold people responsible for things people have never been held responsible for: those private prisons don't fill themselves up by themselves you know...

and NO, I DO NOT DRIVE, NOR EVER WILL...

edit on 10-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You don't drive? That's a shame. There's a few things as exhilarating as rolling down the windows on a beautiful spring day and going for a nice drive. I really miss my car. Living in Tokyo doesn't really lend well to driving, unless you're really committed. Especially considering the station is only a five minute walk from my home, and my work is a 15 minute train ride from that station.

I hold a Japanese Driver's License. And one day, when I finally decide to move to a more rural area, will own a car again. Driving through the countryside on a pristine day, just enjoying the sights, smells, the wind... Man... Now I'm all nostalgic.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So you have no idea what reaction times and expectations are like driving down a highway. You have no context of what is actually happening in the video. A driver has a relatively narrow area of influence. When traveling down a highway (where, once again, there is an expectation of certain normal conditions), a driver can only control what is happening to his car, and can only react reasonably to what is happening a fairly short distance in front of him. Imagine being on a road, cruising along at a high speed, but someone has constructed a brick wall across your lane and painted it to blend in with the pavement from your perspective. That is essentially what has happened in this video. The woman brought her car to a complete stop in the middle of a high-speed traffic lane, and was walking around.

Now to your other point: "she was not in her right mind, she's not responsible." Then she shouldn't have been in a god damn car. She put the responsibility on herself when she chose to DRIVE to whatever place she became inebriated in. There is NO excuse for allowing your drunk self access to a motor vehicle. While you are not in full control of your faculties when drunk, you ARE in full control of them beforehand.

Should she be in prison? Possibly, if someone had been injured because of her. Should she have her license taken away? Definitely. Should she be fined at the very least? Absolutely.

You make it very clear you are not a driver from your responses.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So you have no idea what reaction times and expectations are like driving down a highway. You have no context of what is actually happening in the video. A driver has a relatively narrow area of influence. When traveling down a highway (where, once again, there is an expectation of certain normal conditions), a driver can only control what is happening to his car, and can only react reasonably to what is happening a fairly short distance in front of him. Imagine being on a road, cruising along at a high speed, but someone has constructed a brick wall across your lane and painted it to blend in with the pavement from your perspective. That is essentially what has happened in this video. The woman brought her car to a complete stop in the middle of a high-speed traffic lane, and was walking around.

Now to your other point: "she was not in her right mind, she's not responsible." Then she shouldn't have been in a god damn car. She put the responsibility on herself when she chose to DRIVE to whatever place she became inebriated in. There is NO excuse for allowing your drunk self access to a motor vehicle. While you are not in full control of your faculties when drunk, you ARE in full control of them beforehand.

Should she be in prison? Possibly, if someone had been injured because of her. Should she have her license taken away? Definitely. Should she be fined at the very least? Absolutely.

so you would just run over her or as others suggested used your car to force her off the road?

and do not presume to lecture me on reaction times and such
I've been in motor vehicles
my father was a lousy driver
my stepmother had special driver training of the kind taken by bodyguards and not only could do 180's, but that training saved our lives on a pair of occasions where irresponsible drivers created multiple car pileups. while we'd be merrily [albeit slightly shook up] on our way.

i have been a keen observer of human behaviour SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS OLD.
and thus am able to confidently assert that 85-95% of people driving
SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN A LICENSE FOR A PUSHCART.

IT IS A CULT, just watch your neighbors performing RITUAL WORSHIP, OBEISANCE AND LUSTRATION of the "Family Car"
and like all Cults is a vacuum cleaner that hoses up wads and wads of CASH.
and it even has FANATIC EXTREMISTS, like those WOS that murder people for accidently scratching or even getting their fingerprints on the Zealot's GOD.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

so you would just run over her or as others suggested used your car to force her off the road?
No one has suggested that. When you come across a person in the middle of a highway at night going 60mph, you don't "choose" to run them over, it's probably going to happen.

my stepmother had special driver training of the kind taken by bodyguards and not only could do 180's, but that training saved our lives on a pair of occasions where irresponsible drivers created multiple car pileups. while we'd be merrily [albeit slightly shook up] on our way.

IT IS A CULT, just watch your neighbors performing RITUAL WORSHIP, OBEISANCE AND LUSTRATION of the "Family Car"
and it even has FANATIC EXTREMISTS, like those WOS that murder people for accidently scratching or even getting their fingerprints on the Zealot's GOD.

So you have an irrational fear of cars and are projecting those emotions onto this discussion. Check.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Just curious. Do you personally know what the circumstances are in this event, besides the alleged peeing? No? Hmmm, how would you feel if you found out that this woman was just the victim of date rape and she had been heavily drugged before escaping back to her car? Oh, also, you came to realize that this "drunk idiot" turned out to be your daughter. I don't think, as an apologist, one should jump to conclusions, as they can inevitably make you like an "idiot."

Fair point, it is certainly possible that she was drugged or a victim of date rape.
It's more likely that she was just another selfish drunk-high-txting driver that put herself and multiple other people at risk.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

You don't drive? That's a shame. There's a few things as exhilarating as rolling down the windows on a beautiful spring day and going for a nice drive. I really miss my car. Living in Tokyo doesn't really lend well to driving, unless you're really committed. Especially considering the station is only a five minute walk from my home, and my work is a 15 minute train ride from that station.

I hold a Japanese Driver's License. And one day, when I finally decide to move to a more rural area, will own a car again. Driving through the countryside on a pristine day, just enjoying the sights, smells, the wind... Man... Now I'm all nostalgic.

I prefer to Walk, most people who know me personally are Horrified when they here i walked 10 miles to the local mall and 10 back, of course, most of them will drive if it's further than 2 blocks.

wouldn't you enjoy that beautiful spring day and "the sights, smells, the wind..."
MUCH MORE as a Yamabushi? or at least as a hiker [of which I got my merit band and patch at 11 in the boy scouts]

GASSSP!!! and you wouldn't be spoiling and polluting it with NOXIOUS fumes!

and the interior of a car acts more and more like a sensory deprivation chamber, as Time and tech go by, btw.
this explains how disassociated people who drive become.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

There are some irrational reactions from that dude..keeps suggesting everyone wants to run her over???..and this bullsh#t about being intoxicated but somehow shouldn't be held accountable for it..most people do not get drunk at gunpoint.
People actually tried to help this dummy, she would not stay at the side of the road as several pleaded with her to do so. Someone suggested grabbing her..I'm sure that would of ended with her running into traffic.
Personal f'n responsibility.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No one has suggested that. When you come across a person in the middle of a highway at night going 60mph, you don't "choose" to run them over, it's probably going to happen.

So you have an irrational fear of cars and are projecting those emotions onto this discussion. Check.

and you have an irrational and quite sociopathic tendency to make things up. how you came to the above conclusion based on my post reminds me of that meme

THE DRIVER BEING OF THE ELECT IS NEVER AT FAULT.
SOUNDS LIKE YOURE A DEFENDER OF THE FAITH.

quite the bit of trollery
CHECKMATE.
edit on 10-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: added comment

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

funny how those who are constantly calling for

are always demanding it of others but never of themselves.
oooooh the Righteous have spoken.

RUN THE HERETIC OVER!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I mentioned earlier the guy just likes to be counter. Basically seems like a troll. Besides that, someone who has never driven a motor vehicle has no idea what they're talking about. You can't just stop on a dime when you're going 65 miles per hour. It was night time and you can't see the car's tail lights until you're pretty close, or even if you do see them you just assume they're moving, because you know, they're in the middle of the freeway.

ETA: Further, you wouldn't see the pedestrian at all until you were within headlight range since she wasn't wearing any reflective clothing. The best you could hope for on a collision course at that point would be to veer out of the way. No way in the world you would be able to stop, whether you wanted to hit her or not.

edit on 10-4-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

a reply to: Boeing777
so many entitled spoiled brats here
starting with the title which should read:
Drunk woman wanders onto freeway in high heels and is Almost killed by inconsiderate drivers

i get you auto worshippers wish you could just drive over people, a la DeathRace 2000;
Gods of The Macadam forbid you're 2 minutes late...
especially when most are just cruising, not really going anywhere in particular or in general in your lives.

we had a case locally a few years ago
"I'm truly sorry I killed your son, but if i'd been late getting to the beauty parlor i'd have missed my turn!"

i'm sure many have similar stories of their own. fortunately, none of those getting on this womans case [or into her pants, albeit vicariously], will be inflicting us with them,
unless you're caught of course

Is this guy for real ?
Doesn't ATS have some standard about intentionally trolling ?

Yes there are rules against trolling here but if you are having a hard time discerning the intent so will moderators.

There are no rules against "durp a durp".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

There are some irrational reactions from that dude..keeps suggesting everyone wants to run her over???..and this bullsh#t about being intoxicated but somehow shouldn't be held accountable for it.

Your doctor prescribes you some pills
youre minding your own business when suddenly:YOU GO KOO-KOO FOR COCOA PUFFS IN THE STREET and:
GET KILLED BY A MONK OF THE ORDER OF HIT AND RUN [a plague on them and all their issue]
or GET SHOT BY A COP WHO "CANT BE BOTHERED"

but there, there, I understand, EMPATHY is such an effort...
[ROLLS EYES]

oh look more trolls, making OT posts with a sprinkling of adhom.
probably think victims of hit and runs families, should pay for the new paintjob and bodywork

PS I DO NOT AND WILL NOT DRIVE A CAR, doesn't mean my stepmom didn't MAKE ME LEARN
ASSumptions GALORE....

edit on 10-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There's no way you watched the video.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

PS I DO NOT AND WILL NOT DRIVE A CAR, doesn't mean my stepmom didn't MAKE ME LEARN
ASSumptions GALORE....

At any point are you holding drunk-high-texting drivers accountable for their actions? You seem focused on this idea of drivers hitting pedestrians which has nothing to do with what the video shows considering multiple drivers stopped and saved this persons life.

The other poster that responded to me said she could have been drugged and it is possible. A more likely scenario is that she was, like thousands of others including some on ATS, just a selfish or cowardly drunk-high-texting driver.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

There's no way you watched the video.

WRONG,
and you're quite late with bringing that up
but hey, get the last word in, since it's so important to you...

just one widdle post more raising your puny fist and railing against the blasphemer and unbeliever.

BYE!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

ASSumptions GALORE....

At any point are you holding drunk-high-texting drivers accountable for their actions? You seem focused on this idea of drivers hitting pedestrians which has nothing to do with what the video shows considering multiple drivers stopped and saved this persons life.

The other poster that responded to me said she could have been drugged and it is possible. A more likely scenario is that she was, like thousands of others including some on ATS, just a selfish or cowardly drunk-high-texting driver.

Justify all you want, sneeze a whole bunch of venom and hope that everyone thinks she's poison.
i'll state it again: most bashing here are not PARAGONS OF ANYTHING.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join