It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gold price to go up exponentially, new factor involved (been waiting for this event to happen)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Anyone that dabbles in the metals market knows that the physical presence of Au 79 means nothing in the marketplace.

The REAL gold exists in the market place data bases that the speculators play with.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Your wrong. Gold will not spike in price, at least not in the extremes you expect. You might get a blip or two but not a hockey stick jump in price.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That seems like a lot of money for around eighteen ingots of gold. I for the life of me can't figure how come people would buy gold. What a waste of money.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

India and China are "wasting" tons of money! Folks are 'stackin the phyz' because gold stores value. You see, unlike fiat currencies, gold can't be printed into existence. Cash (it's not currency, currency can store wealth) depreciates the longer you hold it. The money in your pocket and your bank account will lose it's value over time, thanks to an out of control Federal Reserve.

Ben, the helicoptor, Bernake knows this too. I loved his senior moment when he said gold is money.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That seems like a lot of money for around eighteen ingots of gold. I for the life of me can't figure how come people would buy gold. What a waste of money.

It's a fools game....

When the price of gold is high and it's profitable to sell....no one is buying.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Yeah, but you can't eat gold. If you invest all your money in gold or hoard money you could starve to death. I knew of a guy who had a hundred thousand in his apartment and he starved to death because he didn't want to spend money to buy food. The cops hauled all the money out and found his next of kin. The Lawyer probably made a few bucks on that.

I'd rather invest in Yukon gold potatoes to plant in my garden. Believe it or not, the investment returns more in savings than what you would make from investing in gold and I don't need to pay to belong to an exercise club to get my exercise either. On a fifty dollar investment in a garden you can save two hundred bucks a year. The time you spend in the garden is less time that you have to spend money in a store.

Copper is a better investment if the SHTF. You can trade it easier. Not many people would have change for an ounce of gold when you want to buy a bushel of potatoes.

Of course, some people will remain obsessed with gold because they are well conditioned to believe it will always have great value. But if people know you have gold, they will break into your house. They even break into houses to steal copper water pipes nowadays.

edit on 8-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you go to sell gold when it is up, they give you between two thirds and three quarter of it's price. You can't make money that way, but the traders make money.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: olaru12

If you go to sell gold when it is up, they give you between two thirds and three quarter of it's price. You can't make money that way, but the traders make money.

If you got the cajones this is the way to go....

www.investopedia.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Being of very modest means, any spare actual cash left over is spent on dried and tinned food, that I can eat!
Those times I cannot get out to do a main shop is when the 'food stock' comes in really handy.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

This particular single robbery? Perhaps not. But if you read carefully, the op says that robberS, with an "s" will become a factor. I believe he means to say gold mine robbery will be trending in the near future, forcing the mines to shell out more cash, for insurance and security, and that added expense will then be passed on to the consumer.

edit on 4/8/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Domo1

The crime is being vigorously investigated by the Mexican authorities.

lol

*The crime involved the vigorous Mexican authorities*

Or, if you want to really have a conspiracy, maybe the gold was disappeared in exchange for the influx of illegal immigrants here in the US and the gold, well, isn't it just about time for another shipment back to Germany to repay the gold that was stored here?

I am probably wrong and don't have any source to cite but figured I would just keep us all aware of the possibilities.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You can't eat with cash either but like gold, you can exchange it for food. if someone is fool hardy enough to starve to death rather than spend his gold to eat, then that is natural selection at work and one disturbed man. Like any other financial instrument, it's subject to manipulations by banks and governments, namely our own.

Gardening is cool, last one i had going had cantaloups, corn, tomatoes, pickles, and some other stuff, think it's a good idea to get it going this year since you brought it up

No one knows the true value of gold, though you can get some great estimates of it. That's how long the price has been suppressed. it's value will go to the stratosphere if/when the financial markets step back to reality, which is not going to happen soon from what i'm seeing. C'mon Greece, ally up with Russia!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Ahhhh, a definition of fixing;

"To influence the outcome or actions of (something) by improper or unlawful means: fix a prizefight; fix a jury."

Gold fixing huh? Haha, couldn't be more blatant if it was a dog biting someone in the ass while the person holding the dog said it was a kiss LOL. It just seems like the crimes are simply "hung out there" for everyone to see (and do nothing about).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

What you don't think it is? Just think of the cut they can extort if they do find it ... There might not be any left for the rightful owners.

All assuming, of course, they didn't receive the cut from the cartel who stole it.

Either way, the legal guys are out.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is how it's done, folks. They bleed every bit of gold out of every economy they possibly can and then say "This is worth a lot, okay?"

And then the starving, poisoned, and cheated people reply "Okay" and the country rises again as the ruling economic power, only to operate again under the guise of "beginning a new golden age" while in actuality they are slowly implementing more of their New World Order plan. This is exactly what they did to end the great depression and this is exactly what they are trying to do now. They will give us a few years of happiness while they create more secret agencies and depopulation strategies.
edit on 8-4-2015 by pianoasis because: misspelling

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
8.5 million stolen... I'm sure that will shake up the trillion dollar gold market....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm glad I have pounds of different seeds that last 5 years stored. You can't eat gold. I'm doing something about the insight I see coming down the road. I'll feed our little family without a problem. Have fun jumping off skyscrapers!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
At the risk of getting band by the mods for same thing more than once I will say this only once but I think you would profit from researching for a very good article on how the price of gold has been deliberately suppressed by the federal reserve

theirs a blogger out their who is an ex treasury official who is an economist by profession craig

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
An estimated 900 kilograms of gold-bearing concentrate containing approximately 7,000 ounces of gold were stolen from the refinery.

This company does not need more security they need a overhaul of management.

No mining company in there right mind would keep a ton of concentrates at a refinery

I was a mine superintendent and we never had more then 5 OZ on site at any time.

As fast as we mined and milled it it went to the bank even if we had to go to the bank daily.

Plus i carried a gun.

I knew when the mine next door to the one i ran found gold because of the armored car that came for there gold.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
When the USD starts falling that wealth will stampede to greener pastures. I think soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join