It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't upload images to ATS and haven't been able to for some time..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've tried doing it on different internet connections, different computers, my phone.. also my mobile internet, different web browsers..

It just won't let me upload image files to ATS. I've been wanting to change my avatar for a while now and am stuck with things I've already uploaded to the site.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It lets me get as far as selecting the image for upload and then it will just sit there for an unlimited amount of time with no upload progress on the status bar that's meant to blip up as its uploading.

I asked Skeptic Overlord if there are any sort of restrictions on my account to stop me uploading pics and he said that isn't possible.. can anyone help me out here? Is anyone else experiencing this?

As I said I have tried different internet connections and different browsers and even my phone. I made sure Java was enabled by the way, as that was something that Skeptic Overlord suggested.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Check to make sure they are jpg extension i had a time where i kept hitting up jpegs and it didnt want to upload and see if you have too many uploaded a reply to: TechUnique

edit on 7-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
After you select the file, you are clicking the cloud with the up arrow?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Sorry Tech, I haven't had a problem.

Could it be maybe you have reached the upload limit? Just a guess.

I am sure someone will be along more knowledgeable than I.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Also make sure the file size is not too large..

I am not sure what the limit is, but I would guess there is one..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

LOL. No I wasn't. My bad.. No wonder SO was scratching his head over this. I feel like an old person who just got their first computer..

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.. I can't believe it was something so simple this whole time :|

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

no worries, happens to us all

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.. I can't believe it was something so simple this whole time :|

A common hurdle people bump up against. Not readily apparent to also hit "upload" after selecting the file…

(hint hint)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A common hurdle people bump up against. Not readily apparent to also hit "upload" after selecting the file…

(hint hint)

Haha true that! If the icon said upload it would be good. I thought it was just like.. I dunno. Like an attempt at looking modern like the iCloud storage or something?

It would be better if the pic just uploaded automatically after you selected it.

I'm sure the old style system of photo uploading was a lot different.

Maybe I'm just getting old.. I'm sure there are plenty of 10 year olds who would have worked that out fine growing up with iPads and such.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It would be better if the pic just uploaded automatically after you selected it.

I'm sure the old style system of photo uploading was a lot different.

You're right, once selected, it auto uploaded.

Be sure to share this when you encounter others having the same difficulty.

Images rule…

new topics

top topics

join