It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Winter Storm for Dec 22nd & Dec 23

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Here is the accumulation where I live in Dayton, OH Dec22 9:40pm EST:

Thats about what I expect to wake up to tomorrow. I think Im just going to stay up late and play Painkiller. Everything will be down here tomorow anyway

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm having no luck with this storm. It starts snowing after 3am last night. So too dark to take pics during the storm. I haven't figured out how to get a good night shot. So by the time I wake up phase 1 was over. Phase 2 started after dark as well and should be ending around sunrise.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Dec23 12:36 EST.

Well, looks like I am snowbound. No way I can even drive down the street in the morning:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's started coming down here. In Toronto we're to get about 25 cm, a bit north of here it's about 35 cm.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Best I could do was take a pic out the back door and a small video since the light was on in the back. Wife is working tonight so I can't leave the kids alone in the house while I go exploring
. If I can find my camera cable I'll post what I have.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
just reading this thread, makes me feel cold.

thankfully I am in Florida, now that hurricane season is over, it suddenly has become paradise once again.

hope you all stay warm and don't drive unless absolutely necessary.

[edit on 12-22-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ok these pics turned out kinda weak. Without a flash I have to shoot in the direction of the garage where there is an external light source. Without that I have to use flash. You'll see the difference.

Without flash..

See... This is a haunted storm. See I have observed snow orbs as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This was taken on 12/23/2004 at approximately 12:24am eastern time. There is around 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is coming down heavy. Looking at the radar there is probably 5 or 6 more hours of moderate to heavy snow left to come. That should bring our total to 10 to 12 inches unless it starts to fizzle out.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm in Tennessee visiting my folks near the entrance to the Smoky Mountain National Park right now. It is blowing with gusts up to 60. Insane wind outside. I'll post tomorrow if anything major happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This statement was posted by the NWS in Indianapolis, IN.

"Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
...BARTHOLOMEW-BOONE-BROWN-CARROLL-CLAY-CLINTON-DAVIESS-DECATUR- DELAWARE-FOUNTAIN-GREENE-HAMILTON-HANCOCK-HENDRICKS-HENRY-HOWARD- JACKSON-JENNINGS-JOHNSON-KNOX-LAWRENCE-MADISON-MARION-MARTIN-MONROE- MONTGOMERY-MORGAN-OWEN-PARKE-PUTNAM-RANDOLPH-RUSH-SHELBY-SULLIVAN- TIPPECANOE-TIPTON-VERMILLION-VIGO-WARREN- 1253 AM EST THU DEC 23 2004

... THUNDER AND LIGHTNING OCCURRING ACROSS PARTS OF CENTRAL INDIANA...

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING ARE OCCURRING WITH INTENSE SNOW BANDS ACROSS CENTRAL INDIANA THIS MORNING. THIS MAY CONTINUE THROUGH 400 AM. SNOWFALL RATES OF ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR ARE POSSIBLE."

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Good Morning all! Well, Louisville ended up with about 12 to 14 inches total with a 2 inch layer of ice right in the middle. Louisville is effectively shut down. Tractor trailors are jackknifed all over the interstates. There are major wrecks at I65 and Gene Snyder Freeway. I cant even open my back door. The snow has been blown into a two foot drift agianst it. The news channels are calling this storm the Blast of 04.

This is Kidfinger, reporting from Louisville. Back to you Indy

P.S. observer has to go in for surgery to day. Send some good thoughts his way
Good luck getting there observer

[edit on 12/23/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Okay guys.... now that I'm back inside from shoveling the driveway.

whew... report for Toledo OH.

I had about 10" of snow in my drive way and yard with drifts up to 15-16".

Lucas County is in a level two snow emergency.

we're expecting 1-3 inches more today.

It really pretty to look at. I'm off work today, so it's a long weekend for me.

I hope everyone else is safe.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Good Morning all! Well, Louisville ended up with about 12 to 14 inches total with a 2 inch layer of ice right in the middle. Louisville is effectively shut down. Tractor trailors are jackknifed all over the interstates. There are major wrecks at I65 and Gene Snyder Freeway. I cant even open my back door. The snow has been blown into a two foot drift agianst it. The news channels are calling this storm the Blast of 04.

This is Kidfinger, reporting from Louisville. Back to you Indy

P.S. observer has to go in for surgery to day. Send some good thoughts his way
Good luck getting there observer

[edit on 12/23/04 by Kidfinger]

Well, surgery has been postponed due to weather. They had a whopping staff of 6 too run the outpaitent hospital I was going too. I had to reschedule.
My wife and I dug ice and snow out of the driveway for 45 mins and were still not able to get out.
Kidfinger is right, Louisville is shut down.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Let's change this up a little. Let's say this was summer and we were having extremely hot temperatures across the nation. What would everyone be yelling? They would be yelling Global warming. Hypocrits!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow, you are so misinformed it's not even funny...

But here near Ottawa i can rain. Should turn into nasty driving for christmas eve. I just hope everyone takes the proper precautions. Better canceling christmas than a lifetime of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey everyone....Here in Buffalo, NY we ended up getting about 3 inches of snow, then about 1/2 inch of ice, then an inch of rain today, now the temp is plummeting, so they issued an advisory because all the wet roads are freezing up....Stayed tuned for any Lake Effect....

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Some of the pictures in this thread are awesome.. this storm totally blew away the ol 'Winter of '78' legends.. I drove from work through this storm and all I can say is that it was the most terrfying drive of my life.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Results on Dec 23:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Results on Dec 23:

Hey Ben what ya going to do when the plows come by? I see you cleared the snow from around the car and it looks like you may have moved it some, but once the plows come, you are going to have to redo what you already did.

Kudos to Indy for hitting the storm forcast on the nail. Sure better then most forecasters that is for sure.

[edit on 12/23/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding me shots! It is futile, but I had to buy pop at the store for my caffiene fix.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join