It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Lawmakers Don't Want Food Stamp Recipients To Buy Steak

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
So now the tax payer needs to fund your ability to cook.

When does it end?

SO, you don't have the ability to cook, yet can spend time here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Right because I am the exact same thing as every individual in food stamps. The reason it's flexible is because it has to be, because food stamps covers everything from a single mom with 3 kids struggling to get buy, to the homeless vet that has no where to cook. To the person without a car and temporarily without a job who can only get their food from the 7-11 down the street. Get a clue, seriously, this program needs to work for billions of different permutations of situations, the more strict and non adaptive the program the bigger the issues it has with accounting for the variences of each situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah, sure sure. Exactly like what they experience.

Amazing that moronic statements like that get stars.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If you want food, at the expense of the taxpayer, you get the rules and policies that follow.

Amazing that people bitch and moan about requirements when they get free crap.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oh and by the way I am not even on food stamps currently, but I have been, and lucky me, I had the ability to cook. I know others that don't. Food stamps are to provide food for people that need help cause the rug has been pulled out from under them. Which often means no electricity or basics that your ass takes for granted.

Plus this program is insurance that everyone pays into. The government isn't really paying for this, we are, and frankly with how little the cost, you aren't paying # for the food stamps I've had, I've paid into the government same as you through taxes. And I've paid far more in taxes than I've ever gotten from food stamps. So until it's your money funding me personally back the f off.

(post by Puppylove removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sorry about the asshole thing... this is frustrating as hell when people spout bull# like that. It's not free crap, it's insurance we all buy into.

Is like getting mad at people for buying health insurance and being upset about the company trying to cut their care while still charging the same.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
at $4 to $5 a lb ground beef is pretty much a luxury item. Pork chops are not much cheaper. so who are they kidding.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

[snip]

And as you take from the program, me the "asshole" continues to pay into it, more so then you do.

So, since it is the whole "You paid into it" stance, I also pay into it. I should be able to draw from it when I like, because after all, I paid into it.

Still amazing that people get butt hurt when they have to met certain obligations to receive the free stuff they "paid into".

edit on 8/4/15 by masqua because: removed uncivil comment from quote

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

No it isn't.

It is like the company saying, "You are in the hospital for treatment and we are changing what is offered for your meals. Instead of ice cream and soda, we are giving you a potato and ground beef patty".

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It's insurance you pay into it hoping you're never in a position to have to use it.

Like I pay for dismemberment insurance, and no I don't feel jipped that I don't get you use it I'm grateful.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And it comes with requirements, limitations and stipulations.

But, your dismemberment insurance isn't being paid for by other tax payers.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Except it's not, because no matter what the person on food stamps chooses to buy it's still the exact same amount of money given to them. The limitation of the bill does not change that at all. Is more like the hospital (who's care you paid for) saying do you want three cheaper meals today, or one much better meal for today, and you choosing the single better meal for the same overall cost.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

We all pay into the pool yes, it's there for all of us. We all pay into the pool so that we help each other have better care should the worse happen. I pay into the pool, and I've paid far more than I've taken in food stamps. My own money has technically covered everything I've ever taken and beyond, therefore, you have zero right to bitch even slightly about a single cent I've spent on food stamps, any more than I do about what you've spent if the worst should happen to you. You've paid into the service, you've contributed, so should it happen to you, it's there. But you don't care about it being there should the worst happen to you, all you care about is those unlucky fools it has happened to.
edit on 4/7/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
SNAP is not an insurance benefit. Just like SS isn't. Its a tax. Plain and simple. You get taxed, and some of it ends up funding SNAP.

As I have asked...if we are to avail ourselves of our nations finances...why make the entry point the highest hanging fruit in the tree? If we are to try to improve the economic situation of our country, why not aim for lower hanging fruit.

That is...unless the goal of this is less about improving the economic reality of the US and more about promoting more class warfare.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My point is it functions like insurance, it works and acts in the same way insurance does.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If this program truly is all about feeding people, giving them food to make meals is the simplest and most cost affective way of feeding people.

If it is all about the receiver wanting something easy and convenient to eat, because one excuse or another, then SNAP/EBT will continue, all the while feeding the banks and corporations making money on each transaction.

Here I thought those that were the downtrodden and needed help, didn't want to continue to have tax dollars go towards those evil 1%'ers.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Stop pretending everyone has access to stoves to make meals or the transportation necessary to get to the stores that have these cheaper more cost efficient goods. That's far from reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So now we need to fund your transportation and living conditions.

It truly isn't about feeding people. It is now meeting people's demands as to how and where they eat.

The tax payer truly is held hostage. I assume you and other would threaten criminal actions, should you not get your EBT/SNAP funds once a month?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oh bite me, I have a job I just got, today actually, I've worked most of my life, I'm a taxpayer just like you. I'm not a criminal. And no I didn't say you needed to fund all that crap, you did by specifying food stamps should only function for things that make that crap required. As is food stamps don't require any of that, But the second you make it only apply to food you can prepare on a stove it does.
edit on 4/7/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join