It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the Herd Kind: UFOs, Aliens & Cattle Mutilation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Very well put together thread, fascinating subject.
S&F

Curious as to when this phenomenon actually began. Did it predate the invention of the helicopter?

I wonder are there any Native American tales of mutilated bison or lights in the skies over herds?
Whatever the explanation, its an interesting mystery.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A hypothesis based on the hypothetical possibility of human abductions:

They are researching /creating /mutating food for humans which they have been abducting for the purpose of assimilation /acclimatisation / saving.

I said hypothesis so no nasty comments please.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

4. At most times cows can be bought fairly cheaply, so for the army or some corporation to divert personnel and obtain specialized equipment such as medium lift helicopters and partake in illegal activity just to steal and especially RETURN cows just does not make sense in any way.

The ostensible reason is carried in the movie I linked to, "Endangered Species". Leaving the infected bodies laying about to see if the germs spread, if they mutate, if smaller animals carry it away or it spreads to people. The conditions are important weather wise as well for these sorts of "field tests".

I remember reading about germ warfare, akin to nuke tests with live humans, it was part and parcel for the time and era of development of bio and nuclear weapons programs.

This was the hey day of open ranges, secret government programs and ignorant masses, i.e., before the internet.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: intrptr

After looking into this "Endangered Species" was a movie that Linda Moulton Howe was asked if she would permit the movie makers to use her title and for certain witness testimony from her "Strange Harvest" documentary to feature in the movie.

She apparently declined and felt vindicated by her decision.

Source : Silver Screen Saucers

I remember that. It was a controversy but also misled from the truth of germ warfare testing.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
First of all nice thread and thank you for bringing this to the forefront once again.

I wonder if there is any lore from the Indians of the southwest or those areas that may mention buffalo being taken by the "Gods" or great spirits, or magical lights from the sky. Stories passed down. That might be a interesting way to get another idea of how far back this has happened. As I'm not quite sure how so much cattle came to be about here in North America to begin with, it wouldn't have to be buffalo. I was just thinking as they were something hunted, they were probably watched more closely. They could have stories of cows as well. After all, the Indians are pretty well known for "watching," and paying attention to things.

One other point from reading through the responses is, the mention of why would aliens travel millions of miles just to take a cow. That is rather assuming that they are. What if it is just a mere trip around the block or as close as going to their corner market? Even we as humans will travel a distance if there is something we want or need if we have to just to cover the million mile argument as well.

Again, great thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It does happen. My Aunt that lived in Iowa verified that they took place.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thanks for more great work! Stars and flags. Love the pun in the title!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hiya MM, well-composed thread as usual

I think the cattle-related incidents have been a Rorschach inkblot test for most anyone who’s looked into them. That and a noisy smoke-screen for something that might make the US public blush…

We have sober skeptics naturally gravitating to the ‘Rommel Report’ and the Canadian Veterinary Journal. From there it’s easy to explain the reports as post-mortem scavenging on bovine carcasses being misunderstood by researchers and witnesses. Even well-known ufologists baulk at the idea of aliens misbehaving; they like their ETH, but they don’t think ‘aliens’ are a-visiting. Conclusions from the CVJ:

We have those who 100% believe aliens were doing the damage. They represent a range of beliefs going from good aliens saving humanity to evil aliens ‘harvesting’ humans - poor old Bennewitz was in the mixture too. Even between the good versus evil aliens, others were promoting the idea of shady governmental deals with nasty old aliens. This made wicked scientists, militaries and leaders all complicit in mass abductions and tortures of humans. Dark stuff.

Between the skeptics and believers we seem to have a yes/no situation where it’s as easy as taking a side. Or do we?

The NIDS guys reportedly found traces of oxinole in a ‘mutilated’ Montana cattle carcass in 2001. I’ll see if there’s a link to the paper out there. Needless to say, the animal had been excised after death and this was evident by the lack of blood around the missing flesh and eye socket. NIDS bought a second animal as a test subject and left it to decompose for four days. They were unable to replicate the presence of the oxinole.

Oxindole administration (1-100 mg/kg i.p.) to mammals decreases locomotor activity, reduces muscular tone and blood pressure and at larger doses causes coma and death.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

According to the report, oxinole wasn’t generally available in the US in 2001. It was only accessible to research institutions which raises some interesting questions.

Much further back, in the late 1970s, Gabe Valdez and a Sandia Labs scientist ran Gomez’ herd through a ‘squeeze chute’ which makes the cattle walk single file. You’ll see the same things at auction yards in the UK where they usually use strong, tubular fencing under corrugated roofing. They ran a black light across the backs of the animals and a number revealed the presence of UV-reflective powder markings.

Both in audio interviews and reported quotes, Valdez asserted that he and colleagues had found technical objects at the sites of some carcasses: gas masks, bladed instruments, radar chaff and signs of strapping bruises on the bodies. I’ve got a snip from Pilkington’s Mirage Men that offers a better list (Chapter 10):

By the time Valdez retired, he’d come to the conclusion that a powerful and secretive organisation had been behind the incidents. He even suggested, in interview, that he knew who was behind it and went on to say he’d left some type of ‘protection’ with a lawyer. Coincidence or not, he died within days of the interview being broadcast. Whatever ‘dead man’s trigger’ or ‘protection’ he allegedly possessed remains unknown to the public.

The reason I used these examples is to highlight the difficulties of finding explanations for the ‘mutes.’ It’s a safe bet that many reported mutilations would be examples of natural decomposition and scavengers. On that level, the ‘sober skeptics’ will be dead right...most of the way.

On the other hand, scavengers don’t leave behind gas masks or knives. Generational ranchers would also be familiar with decomposing livestock – it’d be a fact of life for them. Wouldn’t this mean that at least some ranchers would recognise the anomaly of a bloodless carcass with broken legs?

The NIDS report is indicative that a well-organised outfit with access to restricted sedatives was involved in at least one 'mutilation.' The MO of that example naturally aligns itself with the historical cases too. At the same time, I’ve got doubts about NIDS’ research and thereby those associated with them too. It’d make me a hypocrite to cherry-pick this paper as great evidence and then dispute their Skinwalker Ranch claims. People will make their own minds up and the main argument I’m making here is that there was more to all this than either/or.

As ever, the same twenty-plus names and outfits have been involved since the early 70s and you probably know them already : )

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I don't doubt the evidence that this happens, and I also find it a great mystery as to the peculiar nature of the remains of these animals.

I just find it hard to believe that beings that developed technology to travel many light years across the universe, did so to remove the anus from a cow.

I believe it is a harvest of genetic material by Interdimensional beings that do NOT have our best interests at heart

Why distinguish between aliens (distant non human vistors with high tech) as opposed to interdimensional beings (local non human visitors with high tech) ?

Whatever assumptions about behaviour can be applied equally to each group.

I would not fall off my chair in suprise if some weird human cult was found to be the perpetrators. Now that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I don't doubt the evidence that this happens, and I also find it a great mystery as to the peculiar nature of the remains of these animals.

I just find it hard to believe that beings that developed technology to travel many light years across the universe, did so to remove the anus from a cow.

I believe it is a harvest of genetic material by Interdimensional beings that do NOT have our best interests at heart.

A lot of effort put into this thread. Very interesting, thank you! S&F

Serious question: What would be, if you will, the economic advantages of interdimensional travel as opposed to interstellar travel? I honestly, do not know and have always been curious. Thanks in advance.

Great OP.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

A lot of this really doesn't make sense at all. Unless you suspect that nothing peculiar is going on and an awful lot of witnesses are both ignorant and/or lying. No matter which angle you come into with, it still leaves you scratching your cranium.

Even sceptics who suspect every case is down to predators,natural causes, scavengers, and natural decomposition surely must wonder why strange lights/helicopters are often reported in the area, how military equipment has been found at the scene and why traces of drugs are present in some of the animal remains.

If you think it all points to 'aliens' being up to something then it's still a question of why and what for?

Somewhere in between those views will be many people who suspect 'humans' are abusing these animals for some kind of testing. Now that may be for radiation or damaging prions or even biological warfare experiments. But then why take the risk of putting the carcass back in place? Why would aliens do that?

edit on 6/4/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Curious as to when this phenomenon actually began. Did it predate the invention of the helicopter? I wonder are there any Native American tales of mutilated bison or lights in the skies over herds?

I wonder if there is any lore from the Indians of the southwest or those areas that may mention buffalo being taken by the "Gods" or great spirits, or magical lights from the sky. Stories passed down.

I haven't come across any Native American tales of this nature but it would very interesting if any one out there has.

The phenomena is recorded by Charles Fort from 1904 in Wales although reading the text it was all a little ambiguous.

Something was slaughtering sheep—and things in the sky of Wales—and it may be that there were things, or beings, that acted like fire, consuming the bodies of women...

Lo! - Charles Fort

He also wrote about one of the most famous convictions for animal mutilations in England in 1903 known as The Great Wyrley Rippings. George Edlaji a lawyer from Staffordshire was found guilty of killing sheep, horses and cattle between Feb and Aug of that year. This story formed part of an ITV (UK) mini-series about Arthur Conan-Doyle and his attempt to prove Edlaji's innocence called "Arthur & George".

I didn't really look at anything going back before the 20th century but I am sure there are reports in old newspapers. However cattle mutilations in Europe have never been as prevalent as they are in the USA.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks Kandinsky for that information. I think whatever stance you take on the mutilations it still leaves an element of doubt.

Gabe Valdez actually talks about finding gas masks, glowsticks, radar chaff and measuring instruments in this interview (about 1:45 into it, but the whole clip is only around 5mins).

The NIDS research seems to be pointing to a very well organised and funded outfit monitoring BSE, CJD,CWD type diseases.

But then why not simply purchase the animals for testing?

Every possible solution seems to pose another question. Perhaps that's because it has been cleverly co-ordinated to be that way?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I would not fall off my chair in suprise if some weird human cult was found to be the perpetrators. Now that makes sense.

A number of people have believed some strange cult was at work since the 1970s. It could have happened every now and again but the economics of it all don't make sense on a larger scale.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Every possible solution seems to pose another question. Perhaps that's because it has been cleverly co-ordinated to be that way?

True enough. The reports have been coming through since the early '70s and trickled in through the early 2000s - possibly peaking during the late 70s and late 80s.

As usual, some researchers did what some have done to ufology and trawled everything else in as *proof* of their beliefs. There are a couple of active 'mute' researchers (at least) who consistently accept everything as a mutilation and demonstrate little judgement. I'm only mentioning this to point out that a lot of the details have been made murky by the self-perpetuation machinery of paranormal researchers and markets.

Look around the edges and the familiar guys are already in place and watching the hysteria rising. 'Hysteria' is an accurate term if we think of the effects on Bennewitz' psyche and even people like LMH feared the worst. Tell someone a fat lie, that they half-believed anyway, and let 'em out into the general population. The rumour mill does all the rest.

The central details imply a sophisticated, powerful, well-resourced organisation with access to helicopters, covert personnel and medical training. That's leaving aside any input from NIDS. Whatever was occurring, it seems to have run for a good twenty-odd years and through several Presidential sea-changes.

Whatever happened, I bet we both know that we'll never know what happened in our lifetimes

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Last year the subject of cattle mutilation was the subject of a fascinating program which was called "The Unexplained Files" by the science channel. The bottom line on the subject was that it cannot be ruled out that ufo's et's have/had anything to do with cattle mutilations, but nor could they be ruled in. What came up which was interesting was that on a map of the United States there were listings across the country where there had been cattle mutilations reported. The belt ran east to west from about Mid North California, to the mid Atlantic States. Then it was also listed on the map where reported ufo sightings had occured, and it was alsmost from coast to coast, from state to state in a line, in the exact same area where there had been cattle mutilations reported too. There was also a theory brought up that the government or some super secret sub agency had been doing some food chain testing on cattle based on the fact of the mad cow disease which caused panic some years back. Again, nothing could be ruled in or out.
edit on 06am30am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 06am30am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't think the big worry is animal mutilation. I have seen some of the evidence of human mutilations and it is
compelling. There is the one case in either Ohio or Pennsylvania, I forget which. There is still a wall built around
it by someone and nobody can get the local Sheriff or coroner to talk. There is also the case in South America.

I see a UFO overhead and I am not going to wave and invite them down.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Excellent thread Mirageman.

I'll reach out to Kit Green and see if he has anything to add. It's been a while since we discussed the mutilation research he did at NIDS so I'm not sure if there's anything of value that's not available online or included in what you've quoted here.

Thanks again for the outstanding thread(s).

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun First, it's Sam Clemens. Next, I am only going to quote part of your post as a point of reference, no one should have to go through reading that jumbled mess. How have you shown or proven anything? When? SMH

" The story caught on like wildfire. But it was false. I and another UFO investigator working unknowingly and independently proved that the story was a hoax. --I frequently had then and yet today have to explain that newspapers back in those days wrote tall tales to please their readers that had nothing else to read. Samuel Clements (Mark Twain) was one of those newspaper reporters. I also have shown that a UFO crash at Urbana, Illinois, in the late 1880s was also a hoax as probably even was the one in Texas involving Judge Proctor's windmill in Texas. Such stories added important content to those early days of mass newspapers enabled by the fairly new service of telegraphs rapidly transmitting info across the country.

However, back to the calf caught in the fence story: Fabrications frequently have some basis of truth in them. And the once-to-us wild story of the 1880s calf abduction--even more wild in the late 1880s is an indication that some of that business was actually happening back then but got passed around as folk stories to eventually appear as a specific story. In effect, the twisted tales of the mythology of the UFO is not a new phenomena."

edit on 6-4-2015 by reldra because: added

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

There is one explanation which is convincing to me. Many are simply misidentification or scavengers, but otherwise the real ones are clandestine tracking of radioactive nucleides from government weapons testing and manufacturing.

Cattle are very convenient as they graze over a large area and concentrate such substances in organs relating to digestion.

It's an environmental measurement program. Clandestine because the word 'radioactivity' would induce enormous panic and financial claims. (Ranchers would be bankrupted by the rumor, even if the radioactivity were truly insignificant to health)

Not biowarfare, as then they'd have an isolated herd. The geographical dispersal is essential to getting the right results and they need to know for sure where the cattle were located and grazed, so that explains not buying them at normal cattle market.

Note how it's stopped now---as there's no nuclear testing. In sum, it was for our own good.

Where are the prevailing winds from a) Nevada test site b) Los Alamos c) Rocky Flats d) Hanford
edit on 6-4-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join