It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the Herd Kind: UFOs, Aliens & Cattle Mutilation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

I haven't no. Thanks for that I'll add it to the wish list.

This subject is actually a lot more complex than I really thought at the start of looking into it. There are so many roads, pathways, and even rabbit holes to get stuck down. For instance there are cases of seal and dolphin mutilations in the Atlantic. There are even stories of cattle attacking and mutilating their own herd, and the list just goes on.

This really is the 'weirdest of weird' murder mysteries.

MM

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
Really interesting thread and well put together Mirage.... Richard D Hall has updated his documentary of human and animal mutilations within Great Britain.

Whilst I might not agree with all of Richard's conclusions the guy puts some serious hours into his investigations and is willing to do all the really boring paper and record sifting in order to try and find evidence that might back up what he is told. When someone ranking as high as a Chief Inspector in the police force is in effect, ordered to "back off" and not make waves, you know there's more to the subject than currently being admitted. It's also interesting that Hall was approached by the BBC with the idea of making a documentary on the subject only to be asked to present his conclusions before he'd actually made the film. When he was honest and said, there does seem to be a weight of evidence to support that it cannot be simply natural causes he was told that "That conclusion was unacceptable"; and the documentary was never commissioned.

Nice to hear from you again Firemoon.

As I was composing my reply to 1ofthe9 I didn't realise you'd already posted about some of these very strange things linked to animal mutilations.

I'm no great animal lover and I'm no vegetarian either. However this really is one of those topics I find really unsavoury and certainly do not like to see animals harmed. I suspect the reason we don't hear so much about it as perhaps we should is because the global farm industry is determined to hide from us exactly what goes into our 'processed meats. But when we get to marine mammals we are onto something entirely different.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Have you run across the 'giant mechanical Satan' of WW2, and its links to the Flatwoods monster? Now THAT is a weird one. :p

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

In a way yes. But far from knowledgeable on it all.

There's only so much you can put in the OP. All this other information is probably worth more investigation. I have to admit it's fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ruggedtoast
a reply to: mirageman

And here is one example where visiting the US and no other country does make sense. In no other country is farming done as intensively over such vast tracts of remote land. You could pretty much abduct, barbecue and dump cattle to your hearts content in Texas. Not so much from a dairy farm in England, population 55 million, size, half of Texas.

Cattle mutilations happens all the time in the UK, but is blamed on the 'Occult' by the mainstream media. I knew a cop in the SW of England, lots of farms and less people, he said it happens every year in Devon and Cornwall. Wales and Scotland also. It also happens in Australia and New Zealand, as far as I am aware it's a worldwide phenomenom.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Gortex posted a good video on mutilations in his thread .

Linda Howe claims people have reported seeing cow abductions at the end of the video, but didnt go into any detail. Maybe she does in her book?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Great thread..... lots of research done, so i tip my hat off to ya!

But what is one supposed to gather from all these stats? maybe the answer is obvious to some but not to me...

The main quesiton of who and how and why remains unanswered. So what am i to make of it all?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
Great thread..... lots of research done, so i tip my hat off to ya!

But what is one supposed to gather from all these stats? maybe the answer is obvious to some but not to me...

The main quesiton of who and how and why remains unanswered. So what am i to make of it all?

Its up to you, most the threads in this forum are open to interpretation.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Well as our friend 111DPKING111 says it's really up to you to make up your own mind.

I try to keep my opinions to minimum in my opening posts and lay out what is (hopefully) a balanced view of the topic. This is so people can weigh things up themselves and then hopefully jump in with their own thoughts.

Now if you want my opinion on all this I'll gladly offer it.

First of all I thought there was nothing much to it. I'd heard the stories and seen a few documentaries but nothing led me to believe that this was as widespread and peculiar as it seemed by the time I'd finished reading up on it all. This goes well beyond just cattle and domesticated animals.

Some of it points to predators, insects and natural decomposition for sure. Could secret government agencies be testing for cancers in herd animals in the areas where nuclear testing took place? Well it's possible.Could they be testing for prions which cause CWD, CJD, BSE etc? Yes again it's possible. Is this going on in the oceans, with dolphins and seals being mutilated after nuclear incidents like Windscale, Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima etc? Again it's not beyond possibility. But why the need for secrecy. Why not just go and do the tests quite openly?

I could start a conspiracy theory about the power of the food conglomerates wanting to keep things secret and using their own undercover agencies to test the toxins out there in the wild. But then I'd be speculating as I haven't any real proof of that.

Do I see evidence for aliens? I can't rule it out but I don't think there is conclusive evidence.

So I'm still head scratching too. It's probably worth following up at a later date. But I'll have to collect my thoughts on it all first.
edit on 14/4/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
your conclusion about any alien involvement was exactly the same as an investigator on the show "The Unexplained Files" had. I recall they had a story of a Rancher in Colorado I think, who claimed he saw two orange orbs appear and take off fast near an area where a cattle mutilation had occurred. So these incidents still call for trying to stay on top of these situations unless and until an explanation is found. Very interesting subject matter.

edit on 14pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

But why the need for secrecy. Why not just go and do the tests quite openly?

it's not secret - there's even a thread on ats about it

why not do the tests secretly?

kandinsky:
This element suggests a PR program doesn't it?

i think so

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

I see what you did there

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Was that a Discovery Channel Production?

I actually haven't come to any definite conclusion other than it's a very strange murder mystery. I also forgot to throw in the weird cults, animal sacrifice angle as well. Our ancient ancestors seemed particularly fond of offering dead animals to the sky gods.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No, it was on Science Channel, and last years edition of "Unexplained Files." In your conclusion you mentioned that you really could not rule in, or rule out, the possibility of alien involvement, which as I posted was exactly the same conclusion an Investigator on the show had.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

OK I am with you now. Yes I don't rule aliens out of it but it could well be a number of things too. It's very strange.

I think the Unexplained Files may be this one.

Apparently Science Channel is owned by Discovery. But here in Europe (and obviously Asia from the clip) it is branded as the Discovery 'Science' Channel. It is showing Unexplained Files. Unfortunately I think I've missed it for now. But it will probably return.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes. That was the one. Year # 2 of "The Unexplained Files" has now begun, and I watch with great interest in their subject matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Reports of sheep being abducted during the 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings.

Kaikoura UFOs

In 1978 a rash of UFO sightings occurred across the Southern Hemisphere. At the same time strange lights were reported in the foothills on the coastal mountains of New Zealand’s south island accompanied by reports of sheep being abducted. An officer at a Blenheim military base witnessed the lights and contacted the local air traffic control who not only also saw them but detected them on the radar. The police began receiving numerous calls from civilians reporting beams of light being projected onto the sea.

A cargo plane that took off around the same time also reported seeing lights playing on the sea and unexplained lights in the sky. The lights were tracked with scientific equipment and found them to be travelling at 1,930 kph (1,200 mph). An Australian news cameraman boarded a plane to film the lights which recurred over a period of nights. He filmed some of the most startling evidence of UFOs ever caught on film.

10 More Bizarre Unexplained Mysteries

Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If you believe the E.T.s are real, and interact with the on-goings of this planet, the cattle mutilations shouldn't come as much of a surprise, look how important they are too our everyday living, beef, dairy, leather... glue

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks Karl. That takes me back to "Arthur C.Clarke#s Mysterious World" when I was a kid. In fact I remember watching the report on (what I guess was the old BBC 9 O'Clock News and was fascinated). Even though it looks like a fairly poor Youtube video nowadays. However it was reported very seriously back in late 1978 which was something almost unheard of then (especially at the BBC).

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No probs matey and a ho ho happy Xmas to you (and everybody else) - used to love that programme and it was probably one of the first ones to get my interest piqued in all things freaky and mysterious. Did see this recent Argentinian incident that deserved a place on your thread -looks like we''ll have to wait for the final report but it's being hailed as "the perfect cattle mutilation case".

Argentina: Animal Mutilations and Two Strange Beings in La Pampa

The event took place 35 kilometers from Rio Colorado. Witnesses opened fire but the creatures fled. The following are the facts of this chilling episode.

Ufologists referred to it as a "perfect cattle mutilation case", involving 13 specimens. It took place weeks ago in the Pampan locality of Rio Colorado, but that was not all. Making the rounds of the fields, farmhands came across two strange beings - one smaller, the other taller. As a result of the panic, the witnesses opened fire against them, but rounds had no effect on the creatures, which fled.

The area has been a land of mystery when it comes to the subject of dissected animals. In 2002, during the heyday of the cattle mutilation epidemic, the case involving the city of La Adela broke the mold with an episode involving over 40 dead and mutilated animals in a single field.

link

Cheers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join