It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Dems Send money to Saddam's Lawyer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Iraqis nowadays are free to express their views regarding Saddam's trial without any fear of being jailed for their convictions. Moreover, Saddam can discuss his charges with the judge and expresses his views without being afraid that he could face death penalty. Thus, said the Kuwaiti writer, a new Iraq is born due to two main reasons: the Iraqis have reached the conclusion that assassinations, murdering, using extreme force and the one-man rule will only lead to counterviolence; and Iraq is under the control of international forces that are keen on seeing international procedures being implemented in prosecuting the Iraqi criminals.

All in all, said the writer, Saddam and his former regime's members must be prosecuted in a legal court while enjoying all the legal guarantees in order to enable Iraq to move on towards the future in a healthy manner, away from the mistakes of the past.

www.occupationwatch.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
how could a non us citizen have a trial in the US??

Is this really possible??

You're right, in this case it doesn't apply. But if a non-citizen were to commmit a crime in the US, then he could be tried under US laws.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
Moreover, Saddam can discuss his charges with the judge and expresses his views without being afraid that he could face death penalty.

This may have been true if written while the CPA was still in control. As soon as they turned control back over to the Iraqis, the death penalty was immediately reinstated.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
He has been developing WMDs ! He is a real threat to the free world ! He has been surpressing his people. He is a brutal dictator ! He gassed and killed thousands. This is a sure basis for our belief that he was WMDs ! Our intelligence is certain that there are WMDs ! The Iraqi people want him out ! The Iraqi people want democracy ! We are the only people willing to sacrifice blood to give the Iraqi people democracy !

Well, there are no WMDs. If there is no due process, which is the basis and foundation of democracy, then be open about it, it's just the oil and both Rummie and Dubya can install their own personalised "Mini-Me" and forget about the elections as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What should be the issue here is the libs all scream at the thought of "HALIBURTON" (evil music plays in background). The HERO of moveon.org is (Soros) everything evil in the world. Check out his biography.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Liberal that didn't think Saddam was guilty, but we can hardly preach to people about having a fine upstanding Democracy if we choose to invoke it only when it suits us.

Eloquent, and quote-worthy. Well said.

Personally, I think we all are well aware of some of the things he's done during his reign (liberal or otherwise). Still, to forego such a trial would make his accusers no more civilized than the monster they wish to prosecute. Ff course, not a single penny of mine will ever hit the pockets of his lawyer, hehe...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why does the thought of putting such a vile human on trial make Iraq a "democracy"?. A trial does not make a democratic society. Truth said calling for the trial of such a person makes "society" feel justified at the outcome. Again it seems to be "processs" not justice. How many out there think "innocent" people have been executed after being convicted? The trial of Saddam is just a "feel good" jesture. It has nothing to do with democracy, justice, or any other process. How does it make us "better"?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Why does the thought of putting such a vile human on trial make Iraq a "democracy"?. A trial does not make a democratic society. Truth said calling for the trial of such a person makes "society" feel justified at the outcome.

So you agree that all this hocus pocus trial is nothing more and nothing less that our administration trying to prove how magnanimous and fair it can be, and you also agree that it has nothing to do with the Iraqi democracy, and more of the popular opinion of our president.

Getting liberal now in your views Dr.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Why does the thought of putting such a vile human on trial make Iraq a "democracy"?. A trial does not make a democratic society. Truth said calling for the trial of such a person makes "society" feel justified at the outcome. Again it seems to be "processs" not justice. How many out there think "innocent" people have been executed after being convicted? The trial of Saddam is just a "feel good" jesture. It has nothing to do with democracy, justice, or any other process. How does it make us "better"?

It doesn't make Iraq a democracy...where's that coming from?

The decision to try Saddam is simply according him the right that WE as a democracy, would to anyone else.

Now, of course, THIS particular trial is more of a witch trial than anything else, which can of course be thanked more towards the Repugnants (ok, a little homage to the Colonel there, hehe....) in the Administration, than to decency, but the IDEA of the trial is based on justice, even if the trial itself won't be.

dh

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Let's get this straight
The real Saddam was a puppet of the Governing Forces
That's why George Bush Sr could order the slaughter of huge numbers of Iraqis, invoke rebellion against Saddam and then stand back, why Rumsfeld was cosying with Saddam while he was merrily gassing the Kurds
Why the Iraqi population was debilitated by sanctions and bombings during the interim Clinton period
Why Saddam was flown out of Baghdad airport just prior to the pre-arranged downfall of that city with not a single bridge broke
Why they should dredge up some misshapen tramp to represent the real Saddam and put him on show
This is the most utter ferking phoney baloney spectacle put on show for the gullible masses
Seems like even some of the thoughtful types who I well respect buy into this shyte
For heaven's sakes, guys, get real

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think Horus_Re is on the right track.

By Horus_Re

Apart from blaming his underlings for the genocidal crimes on his indictment, what defense can he (or his lawyers) offer? Following in the style of Slobodan Milosevic, he may well wish to spend his final days on the public stage bringing shame to those who brought him down.

Unfortunately, it isn't hard to imagine how he might accomplish that if he can call witnesses and subpoena documents.
Charged with the use of poison gas against Kurds and Iranians during the Iran-Iraq war, Saddam could summon a long list of Reagan and Bush administration officials who ignored or excused those atrocities when they were occurring.

We all agree that Saddam was/is a cold hearted murderer but he didn't rule for as long as he did by being dumb. He is most likely an intelligent individual and all such people have insurance.

With a trial in the U.S his defence would be able to produce official Iraqi documents(which Saddam has stashed for such an occaision) detailing what exactly was happening behind the scenes, naming high profile people such as Cheyney, Rumsfeld and Mr Bush Snr to name a few. Once tabled as evidence in U.S court then charges could be brought against them on their "home turf". I think some of the info he could devulge would wake us all up as to what really goes on at high levels of World Government.

Many of you are saying how he doesn't deserve a fair trial, but how would he get a fair trial in U.S anyway? Any jury that found him innocent would be stoned to death on the courthouse steps. A trial in Iraq will have the same results.

If he is to be tried it should be in an impartial International setting such as the trial of Melosovic.

For those who say Saddam has no right to be tried in U.S as he is not a citizen, what will your thoughts be when America finally catches up with Mr Bin Laden? Where will he be tried? Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan or America?

To be honest, I don't think Saddam will make it to trial as it's just too risky that things will come out. More than likely he will fall ill and die from natural causes just as Mr Arrafat has. As they say, "Dead men tell no tales"

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No pun really. But "if" Saddam makes it to trial is interesting. More likely Russia, Germany, France or Koffi baby will take him out. OIL for Food scam could bring down a lot of governments. Putin, Mr KGB won't let his dirty secrets out. Maybe we do need to bring him to the US for safe keeping.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

fom Horus_Re
Apart from blaming his underlings for the genocidal crimes on his indictment, what defense can he (or his lawyers) offer?

He will claim sovereignty as a nation, and as it's leader, he will say he did what he did to maintain order and surpress rebellion.

At least that's what I think he'll do.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Doc..I've gotta hand it to you....You simply boggled my mind now....I can't make heads or tails on where you stand..

One minute you're biting everyone's head off over the prisoner's abuse,next your pittying all the thumbsuckling Libs and their policies while at the same time you're dissapointed with the Republican approach on Global Warming issues...

Then you punch up this thread saying that the Libs are supporting Saddam's lawyers or helping with the 'Bill'...then you turn around and basically say this Whole War,which initially and still is about 'Democracy'..,is a farse..If by bringing Saddam to trial or justice would condone Democracy..you say it does'nt......

Please...Doc..I have a Splittin Headache...Help...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Psy,that's a similar understanding I have on Global Politics,you're absolutely Right...We Can't Even Begin to Imagine the whole intricacies of these poeple on the throne,and to what extent their hands covered in Dirt really are ..

His trial should be held in Den Hague...and placed under full out seciurity,preventing anyone from getting to him..but having said that it would be extreemly difficult thing to do ;I think he's got enough beens to spill that he would 'gas' the whole world...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Confussed? Please let me help here.

There was no "real" abuse at abu garbe. Only that manifested by the news media who are basically "thumbsucking libs". There is more "abuse" in american prisons on a daily basis. Inmate on imate........Abuse is what Saddam did to our prisoners in GW-1. Abuse is sawing off heads. Abuse is draging a dead body thru the streets and hanging it from a bridge. Abuse isn't having "panties" on ones head.

The Iraq war wasn't, and isn't about democracy. It was to stop terrorisim before it could strike again. So called "democracy" is just a sideshow to make the american "sheep" go along.

I do pitty the libs. It must be horrible to wake up each day with but on purpose in mind.......get GW. Or the planet is dying. Or some other excuse to hate or fear the world around them.

Global warming........is real.......but not man-made. Man can not in all his arrogance destroy this planet........nukes notwithstanding.

Too many "sheep" see someone on "court tv" and think how lucky they are to live in a democracy where justice can be done through the court system. They forget about the other 2/3's of "the government" and forget the "We the people" part. Uncle Sam is us, the citizens. We give "the government" the power to do what it does. Yet..........The "legislature" takes our money thru taxes at gunpoint. The "executive" throws it away with both hands. And the sheep watch "court tv" and feel secure.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

There was no "real" abuse at abu garbe.

So the service men that plead guilty did it because of the Libs. Nice, you have a one track mind that refuses to see anything that is against the way you think.

What is it like to live in a world where everything is the way you see it? Who cares if you see something truthful, you will just push it to the side.

Is there not another place on the web where you can look for an argument? Its clear that is all you are looking for, that and to belittle people that dont see things the way you do.

Its a shame.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Give me 5 mins with him, then one bullet and a pistol. Low life he is and his henchmen. exterminate the FKN lot of em the longer they live you will only have on going problems in IRAQ some people believe its only a matter of time and Saddam will be backj in charge of IRAQ...Exterminate Exterminate...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Breaking regulations and pleading guilty does not mean they are guilty of "abuse". What the vietnamese did to our POW's was abuse. What the Nazi's did to the Jews and others is abuse. What the Japanese did to our POW's was ABUSE. What Saddam did to downed pilots in GW-1 was ABUSE. Sawing off heads.......aaaaaaaaa.....ABUSE.

Panties on the head..........not even close. Being naked in front of others and guards......nope............

This is not really hard to understand. The news media is made up of those kids that cried in school when the teacher yelled at them. Or when mommy said no more ice cream.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is it because you think americans couldnt do something like this?

I bet the service man that had sex with a male Iraqi, then killed him, wasnt abuse or wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join