It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Dems Send money to Saddam's Lawyer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
what makes him entitled to a fair trial?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The man has a right to a fair trials

I know all you right wing nuts think that because Saddam *is* evil then he should be hung and drawn. It is NECCESSARY for the people of Iraq to see that true justice is being done and that it is PROVED that Saddam committed the atrocities. Nobody is saying he's a candy striper, we'd just rather have a trial to convict him.
.... Or is the CIA lacking the proper intelligence again?

Continue running face first into fascism and eventually you'll hit the wall.

p.s. Rush Limbaugh is evil and took drugs, do I get to hang him? Oh thats right, because I haven't proved it then I can't.

It's funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Somehow Libs think that the court system makes everything fair. They can't help it, that is the ONLY way they get any power.

Lawyer, Liberal, Lucifer - any connection........? Hi"LL"ary Bi"LL" C"L"inton.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Did or did not a case be made for the nazi's defense in Nuremburg? Didn't that have to be provided by someone?

Anyway, why would the trial be moved to the US? If anything it'd be moved to the court in The Hague, were Milosevic is being tried. The Iraqis have a right to try hussein there. He brutalized them for decades, it could be argued that, as a society, they need to try him and other baathists who ruled them.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Somehow Libs think that the court system makes everything fair..

The fathers of America taught that the court system would make things fair.

Dang that Washington guy and the others, wanting to make a new country, sounds pretty liberal.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Somehow Libs think that the court system makes everything fair. They can't help it, that is the ONLY way they get any power.

Lawyer, Liberal, Lucifer - any connection........? Hi"LL"ary Bi"LL" C"L"inton.

Lies, Lies, Lies.

You seem to be hell bent on fervently attacking those who are left of extreme right.

I, as a Liberal, am pro-Justice. I'd rather see it proved that someone was a murderer and then have them punished.

To hang him without trial is murder. Murdering him for murders he committed is not justice, it's tit-for-tat revenge.

You're also ignoring the fact that the people of Iraq need to see their justice system in action. When Saddam is tried and convicted they will see the power of the law taking out the man they thought was untouchable.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Judiciary is one third of our government. Somehow, it has elevated itself to be superior to the other 2/3's. When Iraq has a final consitution then the trial of Saddam will happen. It is still a waste or time, money and US blood.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It is still a waste or time, money and US blood.

Now this is true, The US wasted all Of this. AND A REPUG DID IT. Daddy Bush.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The Judiciary is one third of our government. Somehow, it has elevated itself to be superior to the other 2/3's. When Iraq has a final consitution then the trial of Saddam will happen. It is still a waste or time, money and US blood.

It's one third of the Government, each third is equal in power (checks and balances) but Congress tends to be better off as it is the people's branch.

If you want to talk about a waste of U.S. blood then talk about the whole war. Based on lies from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

It's one third of the Government, each third is equal in power (checks and balances) but Congress tends to be better off as it is the people's branch.

If you want to talk about a waste of U.S. blood then talk about the whole war. Based on lies from the beginning.

1/3 is right, but how do they rule on consitutionality? There is nothing in the document that grants that. How can they over rule the "people?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

How can they over rule the "people?

By introducing civil liberty decimating legislation?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC

The judiciary can't make law. At least they aren't supposed to make law. But the libs "gain" from this atrocity of true justice. Civil liberty is being taken away.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC

The judiciary can't make law. At least they aren't supposed to make law. But the libs "gain" from this atrocity of true justice. Civil liberty is being taken away.

Again pointing your finger at the Liberals, you Sir are a pot calling the kettle black.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by MERC]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
how could a non us citizen have a trial in the US??

Is this really possible??

The war crimes were commited in Iraq so would he not have to have the trial there?? wtf?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is, even the Nazis had trails. It is just the way things are done in the world, except in places like Iraq under Saddams rule. Just because he didn't play by the rules doesn't mean it's ok for us to do the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How soon you forget. 40 years of liberal agenda in Congress, the Hollywood scum. Heck Dan Rather is proof enough or liberal insanity.

"Civil liberties" is something the government "grants" to the sheep they rule. Rights are given by God. "We the people" has meaning only if we don't get too PC.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think Soros is more interested in giving Bush a hard time than actually reinstalling Saddam?

This Soros character is interesting, he used to be a ruthless speculator not caring if he crippled countries economies in the process (ask Malaysia) , but I think that because he is getting old, he wants to be remembered as some fighter for democracy ?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The ultimate scum. A real Clintonite. If he can make money by putting Saddam back in power he will.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The action is to ensure that Saddam receives the basic legal rights given to those tried in the United States, such as full access to his defense team and an independent judge and jury, the newspaper said.

Lawyer Link

Note to all liberals.........leave my country.......leave my planet..........just leave.

What a laugh; now the joker wants the same previleges as US citizens receive.

Personally I am happy he will be tried in Iraq, no chance of appeals just pure justice, death at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Concern over Saddam aides' trials ..
The announcement by interim Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Alawi that some of Saddam Hussein's leading associates could face trial as early as next week will please both opponents and victims of the Baathist regime. But many international legal experts are concerned that, however serious the charges against them, the conditions have not been created to enable these people to have anything resembling a fair trial. The crimes committed by Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq are horrific.
Opponents of the government were murdered, women raped and whole areas of the country subjected to brutal military assaults, including the use of chemical weapons.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Apart from blaming his underlings for the genocidal crimes on his indictment, what defense can he (or his lawyers) offer? Following in the style of Slobodan Milosevic, he may well wish to spend his final days on the public stage bringing shame to those who brought him down.
Unfortunately, it isn't hard to imagine how he might accomplish that if he can call witnesses and subpoena documents.
Charged with the use of poison gas against Kurds and Iranians during the Iran-Iraq war, Saddam could summon a long list of Reagan and Bush administration officials who ignored or excused those atrocities when they were occurring.
Gee I don't see any Libs here..Doc..

<< 1    3  4 >>

join