It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Dems Send money to Saddam's Lawyer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
"The lawyers for Saddam Hussein are preparing to turn his trial into the Circus of the Century: Saddam bids to challenge case in the US.

LONDON (AFP) - Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is preparing a legal challenge in the United States to his trial for war crimes, a newspaper reports, citing leaked papers prepared by his defense team.

Clive Stafford Smith, a British human rights lawyer, has prepared a 50-page brief which contains advice to take the case to US courts to ensure he receives a fair trial, the Sunday Times reported after saying it had seen the document.

The action is to ensure that Saddam receives the basic legal rights given to those tried in the United States, such as full access to his defense team and an independent judge and jury, the newspaper said.

It said the leaked brief is entitled �The Iraqi Special Tribunal as Victors� Justice � the Inherent Illegality and Bias of the Whole Process.�

It�s no surprise to discover that Clive Stafford-Smith is a beneficiary of the George Soros Foundation."

Lawyer Link

Why does this not suprise me. If we dig a little deeper we will find Oil-For-Food money too. This proves it, "Liberals" want Saddam back in power.

Note to all liberals.........leave my country.......leave my planet..........just leave.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Interesting post DrHoracid

Do you not think he should have a fair trial then?

Side note: I don't think you are mean't to use another message board as a link.

This link is probably more in keeping with the rules.
Saddam bids to challenge case in the US

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The point to my post was that "Soros the Impaler" was funding Saddams lawyer (al least in part).

No Saddam does not need or deserve a trail. It is a waste of time. Each minute he breaths is offensive to me.

But, thanks to the liberal media, he will get a trial. They want rateings. More blood money for those parasites of humanity.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If we dont give him a fair and transparent trial we will be no better than he is.

The result is a forgone conclusion everyone knows what he did to his people.

Spacemunkey.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The point to my post was that "Soros the Impaler" was funding Saddams lawyer (al least in part).

No Saddam does not need or deserve a trail. It is a waste of time. Each minute he breaths is offensive to me.

But, thanks to the liberal media, he will get a trial. They want rateings. More blood money for those parasites of humanity.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Liberal that didn't think Saddam was guilty, but we can hardly preach to people about having a fine upstanding Democracy if we choose to invoke it only when it suits us.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here we go again....

No Saddam does not need or deserve a trail. It is a waste of time.

However, that's not the way we do things in the U.S. We pride ourselves in being the standard bearer of morality and justice in the world (or at least we used to); it's tough to maintain that self-image if we decide that due process is "a waste of time."

The point to my post was that "Soros the Impaler" was funding Saddams lawyer

There are Soros-funded foundations in 29 countries, each governed by a local board of directors. Do you honestly think that Soros is involved in every single grant application?

This proves it, "Liberals" want Saddam back in power.

That's quite a stretch, even for you, DrH.

Note to all liberals.........leave my country.......leave my planet..........just leave.

How odd...I was just thinking the same thing about the masses of brainwashed, neo-con fascists that have popped up in the last 4 years....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No Saddam does not need or deserve a trail.

But by not giving him this, You sink to his level in thinking. Maybe, just maybe he looked at things like you, the people he slaughtered was wasting his time so they got no trial. That makes you/him right?

We as americans need to live by what we preach. Everyone is equal and deserves fairness in life.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

as posted by SpittinCobra
Everyone is equal and deserves fairness in life.

Would you be willing to explain this concept of "fairness" to those individuals that suffered maiming, torture, and death under Saddam's rule?
Would you be willing to explain this concept of "fairness" to the family members that lost loved ones and friends under Saddam's rule?

Incidently, even if given a "fair" trial, the verdict will undoubtedly be guilty: guilty of crimes against humanity. His sentence will also be "fair" too, huh? Life in prison? Is this a "fair" sentence? Some, like me, would argue that what is really "fair" is that he be get what he gave.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Actually now that we are bringing Democracy to Iraq is only fair that the Sovereign leader of that country that was taken by the US invasion, should receive a fair trial by the people of his country after all.

DrHoracid are you in favor of dictatorship or totalitarian governments?

That is what Saddam was to his people you know?

We are bringing the joys of democracy and freedom to that country.Right?

So, no matter how horrible and despicable he was he should have a trial, I don't know about fair.

Now, I will have to point out that even when this thread is good is misleading also when you are blaming democrats for Saddam having a lawyer.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Everyone is equal and deserves fairness in life.

Its itresting you left out the main part of this quote,
We as americans need to live by what we preach. Everyone is equal and deserves fairness in life.

It doesnt matter what he has done or would have done. You can not fall to the his level, you MUST hold yourself to the higer level. People murder people everyday, it doesnt matter how many, one is as bad as a million. You have to treat them with the same rules.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Iraq has no "constitution". Last time I looked it wasn't part of the US. He was caught on Iraqi soil. He is still there, how is he due any rights under US law? US citizenship has become toilet paper due to the libs in America.

THE liberal Dem (Soros) is funding Saddams lawyer, at least in part. End of story. The point is all this smoke from the Libs about Iraq means they would rather have him back in power. FACT. The reason is only that GW had the guts to take him out. No other reason. Pure HATE that has no rational thinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

US citizenship has become toilet paper due to the libs in America.

I cant take anything you say to heart, it is clear all you care about is downing Libs.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The action is to ensure that Saddam receives the basic legal rights given to those tried in the United States, such as full access to his defense team and an independent judge and jury, the newspaper said.

Why should he? He is not an American citizen. He deserves only the justice that the Iraqi judicial system awards him. Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Constitution or not, he'll fall under the jurisdiction of the 'Geneva Convention'

www.unhchr.ch...

Read Article 3, section 1, subsection d.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perhaps, SpittinCobra.
Saddam will recieve a trial.
He will be judged by his own people, or is this not "fair"?
Some proponents want him tried in an International Court. Is this "fair"?

In the matter of one murder is bad as a million and it not mattering, I disagree. I disagree because once you pass a certain body count, it becomes something more than simple murder.

seekerof

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

He will be judged by his own people, or is this not "fair"?

He should be judged by his people. My argument is only if he is tried by americans. To me it would be the fairest trial. (by his people)

link   

Iraq has no "constitution". Last time I looked it wasn't part of the US. He was caught on Iraqi soil. He is still there, how is he due any rights under US law? US citizenship has become toilet paper due to the libs in America.

THE liberal Dem (Soros) is funding Saddams lawyer, at least in part. End of story. The point is all this smoke from the Libs about Iraq means they would rather have him back in power. FACT. The reason is only that GW had the guts to take him out. No other reason. Pure HATE that has no rational thinking.

It seems to me that you're actually posting this thread as another way to have a go at the Liberals.

Would I be correct if I were to assume that all Republicans are facists? No

So, put away your presumptions and generalisations and have a proper debate.

link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

US citizenship has become toilet paper due to the libs in America.

I cant take anything you say to heart, it is clear all you care about is downing Libs.

Look, the only way I can get real answers is to tweek Libs. Most replies are just emotion. Logic, without emotional outcry is healthy in such debates. I have no personal dislike for Libs, I am only concerned about the furture of my country.

Besides, everyone needs a pet. Adopt a Lib........hey theres an Idea....Gotta call Rush.................

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Look, the only way I can get real answers is to tweek Libs. Most replies are just emotion. Logic, without emotional outcry is healthy in such debates. I have no personal dislike for Libs, I am only concerned about the furture of my country.

Besides, everyone needs a pet. Adopt a Lib........hey theres an Idea....Gotta call Rush.................

Really, well I though you were better than that I guess I was mistaken I see you are here in ATS in an agenda, you said you are concern about the future of your country perhaps you should listen to the so call "libs" more often instead of insulting their views.

And for democracy how can you preach been so conservative but are happy to denied a trial to the sovereign leader of the country we are bringing democracy too, is like calling yourself a forgiving Christian but condemning to hell somebody because you don't like it.

You know what I am proud to be a liberal because at least I know where I stand for and my mind is clear.

You need to read what you post because emotions "are" getting the best of you.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No fair trial? How hypocritical, what good is it installing and preaching "Democracy" to other Nations if it can be deemed non-applicable when it suits the case. Im sorry to inform you theres no point slating "the liberal media" or in fact liberals in general either because the INTIRE political and economic systems are completely flawed. Your all just as bad as each other. It makes me laugh when these political parties and all their supporters just sit around pointing the finger at one another. With all due respect why dont you ALL just leave the planet instead of just the liberals, the world would be a much better place for it.

Thank you. Good night.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join