It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAALBEK - Video March 2015 Simply Amazing Structure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Laugh.. My response earlier was while eating waffle house and critical thinking was at a minimum

b

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

I thought it strange that i needed to point that out, you are totally forgiven.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
a reply to: skalla

I guess I missed the river next to the quarry .. I'll see where that is in a bit

I agree that myself replicating a test would be awesome and would advance the debate but that's an impossibility of course. What's surprising is that no one else has from an institutional level.

The system in the paper required either 800 oxen by straight pulling on a level plane or a buncha men with gears setup in a complex fashion.. The roman constructions I can see using the system in the paper but I just can't see the method working over treacherous terrain like the uphill path to the temple with the larger blocks.. Which that is where the blocks came from right?

The stones were transported over a path only 600 meters length and about 15 meters *downhill*. The quarry is 1160 meters high, and the temple 1145 meters. So it was easy to keep the stones on an even level to their final resting place and it was uneccesary to lift them about 7 meters as some authors claim.

As you might know, Rome is the city with the most obelisks outside of egypt. They stole the things by the dozen and took them home. The heaviest known obelisk weighs 510 tons, and it was transported some 1000's of *kilometers*. This transport was documented by the roman author Marcellinus Comes. The romans even left detailed paintings and reliefs about the ways to move such things : as on the bottom of the Theodosius-obelisk in Istanbul.

They used "Roman-patented" winches, in German called "Göpelwinden" which work with long lever ways. To move a 900 ton stone, they needed only 700 men. The transport was slow, about 30 meters a day, because they had to dismantle and rebuild the winches every few meters, to pull the obelisk with maximum torque. But in Baalbek, where they moved several blocks, maybe they built an alley of winches, where they passed the block from winch to winch.

But its irrelevant, because they needed only three weeks per block, and that's OK. Oh by the way, the Romans worked a few hundred years on the temple, until the project was finally canceled.

originally posted by: BspiracyThe romans weren't the first to build there and I'm not convinced the romans were the ones that built the base with the 3 large blocks..

Still looking around for more info to digest though...the romans are the best bet for this site i agree ...but not others.
B

Third: A German expedition dug 1904/1905 through to the foundations of the temple. The temple platform is through and through of Roman origin. They found typical roman masonery, roman trash and so on, down to the bedrock. Nothing un-Roman was found! Btw: The temple platform was not built from massive stone, but typically roman honeycombed. Only the outer shell looks like a massive building.

Source for quotes: Frank Doernenberg, linked from Doug's Archaeology Site.
Check Doernenburg out (link.) He's done the research.

Harte
edit on 4/4/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sueloujo
Did you take any movies picture...post them. How much did it cost and from what continent.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This!

edit on 4/4/15 by InfaRedMan because: bad url

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

yer awesome for posting these links.
if only I could add whatever million karma points to your profile for this re-directional understanding.

Now I have to verify the large stones came from said elevated location rather than the lower elevated and MUCH further location than what I previously understood.

That makes all the difference in the world when contemplating this site and others.

Again.. I ask if there are any sites that boggle your mind?

b

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Thoughts?

Ya rocks are pretty cool. Seems people had a fascination with big stacks of them back in the day. Go figure eh? Some people just have a lot of time on there hands, which can only mean that things were more laid back in those days, after all they had enough time to carve out, and make, and transport, giant slabs of rocks for around for #z and gigglez.

Also Baal is a many faced god.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
a reply to: Harte

yer awesome for posting these links.
if only I could add whatever million karma points to your profile for this re-directional understanding.

Now I have to verify the large stones came from said elevated location rather than the lower elevated and MUCH further location than what I previously understood.

That makes all the difference in the world when contemplating this site and others.

Again.. I ask if there are any sites that boggle your mind?
b

This site (ATS) very often boggles my mind, but not in a good way.

I found Doug's Archaeology Site years ago. Talked to him about this site and he joined here. Haven't seen him around in quite some time though.

He's over at the Hall of Maat, but I so rarely go there I couldn't tell you if he is still there.

Doernenburg gives the explanation for Pi in the pyramid - it will put your socks back on, assuming they were knocked off by the claim in the first place.

Also, he provides the translations for the inventory lists - and the scripts to be followed by the priests when conducting ceremonies - on the walls of the Hathor Temple in Dendera that the fringe never mention. Perfectly explains the "light bulbs" in the carved reliefs.

Among other things.

Here's another very nice source - Catchpenny Mysteries of Ancient Egypt (link.)

The guy that runs that last one - Larry Orcutt - is a very nice fellow.

Regarding Karma points, have you looked at my star count? LOL

Harte
edit on 4/5/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Excellent video featuring members of the Khemit School, Stephen Mehler, Mohamed Ibrahim and Brien Foerster.

While everyone is discussing how the stones could have beed moved, what's being ignored is asking how the stone was shaped ?

Go to 22 minutes into the video look at how smooth the stone is, you can even hear it as it is rubbed and it's so shiny it reflects light, like it was polished, you can't do that with just chisels.

People say made by Romans, show me evidence, not just mere words.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Cyruay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

The Biblical "Watchers" kids did this. The Nephilm Giants, as this was the home base for their leader BAAL. There is a picture aka Hieroglyphs of them working beside normal humans in the ancient Egyptian city of Luxor!! Shows them dragging the big statues into place at the front entrance of the city as they were making their likeness into stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join