It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens to use 'nuclear force' over Crimea and the Baltic states

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

There was no ill treatment of ethnic Russians in Ukraine. Russia has consistency refused to support that lie to the UN.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

In 2008 Ukraine applied for a Member Action Plan. The first step in becoming a NATO member. Their application was denied. In 2010 when Yanukovych was elected it was decided that Ukraine would no longer pursue NATO membership however the process hadn't even started due to Ukraine being denied a MAP.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Can you direct me to where you got that info from? Everything I have studied shows the Ukraine parliament blocking the Ukraine governments attempt to start the MAP procedures. I have never seen anything about NATO holding a vote on a MAP and rejecting Ukraine.

Wiki - Ukraine–NATO relations

On December 3, 2008 NATO decided it will work out an Annual National Programme of providing assistance to Ukraine to implement reforms required to accede the alliance without referring to MAP.[46]

They speculated about the vote outcome but from everything I have seen it doesn't look like a vote actually occurred. Same applies to Georgia for that cycle.

Not looking to argue.. If my info is wrong I want to correct it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

(post by StoogeRemoval removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join