It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens to use 'nuclear force' over Crimea and the Baltic states

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Answer

Rewind if you want, that's cool.

Because Russia post 1991 like Germany post 1918 was unfairly treated by the Brits French and Yanks. Germany had its sphere of influence but was crapped on post 1918 just like Russia post 1991. You want another Hitler and you think you found one in Putin? The Germans had their pride you know, that were crapped on at Versailles. Same with Russia post '91, if America is shocked by Russia and this guy called Putin then please...............look in your mirror, you only have your actions to blame in your treatment of someone who you see as standing in your way and needing crushing in that good old wild west 'let's wipe out the redskins' USA sort of way

Yes, everything is the fault of the United States. Hitler was just a lovable art student until the U.S. pissed in his cornflakes.

I don't WANT another Hitler, I'm just drawing the obvious parallels. So, aside from you blaming the United States, we agree that Putin is behaving a lot like Hitler and for the same reasons.

You've proven my point but offered nothing to the discussion.

You do know Russia is not invading our countries with APC's and Tanks as we speak doing a provocation road tour reminding us of our "occupation". That is right, it is NATO (mostly US influenced) doing that. And please, don't claim they are requested to be here, they are not, at least not by the "people", and by "request" usually with the US involved that means do it or face consequences.

Yet, if NATO was pulled out and Russia was allowed to take whatever they want, you'd be whining for NATO to do something about it.

The simple fact is, in the minds of many people, the U.S. and NATO are always wrong no matter what.

You never give us the opportunity to do that do you. Every time Europe tries to start something for themselves, in comes America with their bully tactics to put a halt to it.

Europe is America's biatch. Europeans are the people that pay for everything America does over here. Not you.

Please, GO HOME, frankly, go wave your flag in your own home. Not ours.

I'd gladly leave you all to your own devices but that's not my call.

I don't know what country you call home but a good portion of Europe doesn't have a very solid history of standing on their own without help.

But it IS your call, remember, the Constitution? Do you really want to be lectured about your own constitution by a foreigner?

As a foreigner, you obviously have no idea how deeply corrupt U.S. politics are and voting accomplishes exactly fu@k-all to influence our foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Because Russia post 1991 like Germany post 1918 was unfairly treated by the Brits French and Yanks. Germany had its sphere of influence but was crapped on post 1918 just like Russia post 1991. You want another Hitler and you think you found one in Putin? The Germans had their pride you know, that were crapped on at Versailles. Same with Russia post '91, if America is shocked by Russia and this guy called Putin then please...............look in your mirror, you only have your actions to blame in your treatment of someone who you see as standing in your way and needing crushing in that good old wild west 'let's wipe out the redskins' USA sort of way

Yes, everything is the fault of the United States. Hitler was just a lovable art student until the U.S. pissed in his cornflakes.

I don't WANT another Hitler, I'm just drawing the obvious parallels. So, aside from you blaming the United States, we agree that Putin is behaving a lot like Hitler and for the same reasons.

You do know Russia is not invading our countries with APC's and Tanks as we speak doing a provocation road tour reminding us of our "occupation". That is right, it is NATO (mostly US influenced) doing that. And please, don't claim they are requested to be here, they are not, at least not by the "people", and by "request" usually with the US involved that means do it or face consequences.

Yet, if NATO was pulled out and Russia was allowed to take whatever they want, you'd be whining for NATO to do something about it.

The simple fact is, in the minds of many people, the U.S. and NATO are always wrong no matter what.

You never give us the opportunity to do that do you. Every time Europe tries to start something for themselves, in comes America with their bully tactics to put a halt to it.

Europe is America's biatch. Europeans are the people that pay for everything America does over here. Not you.

I don't know what country you call home but a good portion of Europe doesn't have a very solid history of standing on their own without help.

But it IS your call, remember, the Constitution? Do you really want to be lectured about your own constitution by a foreigner?

As a foreigner, you obviously have no idea how deeply corrupt U.S. politics are and voting accomplishes exactly fu@k-all to influence our foreign policy.

I was not talking about corruption and voting, I was referring to the Constitution. Perhaps you should read it again sometime. It was based on Magna Carta after all. That we DID write.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19190656]Answer

Russians like the Germans have their pride. They like Germany post Versailled were screwed over by the West. Hitler emerged due to this screwing over

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I was not talking about corruption and voting, I was referring to the Constitution. Perhaps you should read it again sometime. It was based on Magna Carta after all. That we DID write.

Oh, so you were being entirely metaphorical. The military industrial complex, mega-corporations, and the ultra-rich control American politics. The Constitution is merely a thin piece of paper waved around to convince the population that there's still some semblance of a representative republic.

Your tone is entirely uncalled for. I don't disagree that the U.S. is partially, and in some cases primarily, responsible for the current problems. Frankly, other than simply complaining about it, that's neither here nor there. I prefer to discuss the situation at hand instead of whining about how we got here as that solves nothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

23,351 Greeks invaded Russia in 1918, not sure about the Spanish and Portuguese - you may have found two nations that haven't invaded Russia

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Oh, so you were being entirely metaphorical. The military industrial complex, mega-corporations, and the ultra-rich control American politics. The Constitution is merely a thin piece of paper waved around to convince the population that there's still some semblance of a representative republic.

Your tone is entirely uncalled for. I don't disagree that the U.S. is partially, and in some cases primarily, responsible for the current problems. Frankly, other than simply complaining about it, that's neither here nor there. I prefer to discuss the situation at hand instead of whining about how we got here as that solves nothing.

Well, if you think it is just a "thin piece of paper" as you say, then I certainly hope you don't run about proclaiming your right to do anything, because you have none, after all as you say it is just a "thin piece of paper".

The rights you have / had were earned, now you just threw them away.

Fine, why are you even here? You give up already.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There are reasons why many Baltian countries did join NATO.

Latvia was neutral country 1939, the Russians invaded
Lithuania was neutral country 1939, the Russians invaded
Estonia was neutral country 1939, the Russians invaded
Georgia was neutral country 2008, the Russians invaded
Ukraine was neutral country 2014, the Russians invaded
Finland was neutral country 1939, the Russians try to invade but Finns fought back and was able to stay independent.

When the USSR fell, the countries previously under Russian control due Warsaw Pact were no longer in direct influence of Russia, instead they saw what was happening as a way out of it and they used the opportunity to do so.. Can you blame them ?
Has Russia ever invaded NATO countries.. the answer is NO

edit on 2-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm obviously in a wrong thread. I always try to see a bigger picture, not the debatable nitty-gritty stuff around a subject. I’m amazed with all the conclusions formed on newspaper articles. Cheers, I’ll stick to my point of view.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19190656]Answer

Russians like the Germans have their pride. They like Germany post Versailled were screwed over by the West. Hitler emerged due to this screwing over

Yes but I don't see you mentioning France, Britain, Italy, or Japan.

It turns out, when you lose a war that you pretty much started, you face humiliation and punishment. That does not excuse Hitler and Putin.

Apparently, you feel like they're justified to act like angry children because the toys they stole from the other kids were taken away.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well, if you think it is just a "thin piece of paper" as you say, then I certainly hope you don't run about proclaiming your right to do anything, because you have none, after all as you say it is just a "thin piece of paper".

The rights you have / had were earned, now you just threw them away.

Fine, why are you even here? You give up already.

I live in the real-world. I don't fantasize about imaginary scenarios where I can influence the U.S. government using the Constitution as my basis.

I guess whenever you disagree with your nation's policies, you run on down to Parliament with a copy of your constitution and demand that things change, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

OH BULL HUCKEY.
We have BASES there and THEY want them so they don't have to spend so much on their own defenses.
If they want us OUT we leave.
IT'S up ...once again... to the governments not us. WE don't threaten SANCTIONS if they don't want to sign a SOFA agreement, which is WHY we left Iraq and look how WONDERFULLY it worked out for them.

We get STUCK playing cops for the world and progressives express their nonsence that has little to do with what is ACTUALLY happening.
Putin saw the chance to get that port he alwau=ys wanted when he saw our weak president and fugured "What the hell" and is trying for Ukrain as well.
LIKE he HAS been planning to do for a decade. He didn't figure Europe would grow a spine to take up the slack.

Cabal elements play CHESS,and we are the pawns. THANKS to the Rothchilds,YOUR people I believe...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Hitler was BANKROLLED by Americans ..Including that BASTARD Presscott BUSH.
AKA, CABAL elements.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Looks like someone is lying, but who?

"Putin spokesman slams Times 'demonizing' Russia over perceived nuclear threat"

Russia never threatened to use nuclear weapons over Crimea and the Baltic States, according to Vladimir Putin’s press secretary. The Kremlin official added the claims were simply 'hysteria' and a 'classic example' of the West’s demonization of Russia.

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: camain

23,351 Greeks invaded Russia in 1918, not sure about the Spanish and Portuguese - you may have found two nations that haven't invaded Russia

Here is 1 who conquered Russia.

The Mongols

The Mongol Empire invaded Kievan Rus' in the 13th century, destroying numerous cities, including Ryazan, Kolomna, Moscow, Vladimir, and Kiev, part of the Mongol invasion of Europe.

The campaign was heralded by the Battle of the Kalka River in 1223, which resulted in a Mongol victory over the forces of several Rus' principalities. The Mongols nevertheless retreated. A full-scale invasion of Rus' by Batu Khan followed, from 1237 to 1240. The invasion was ended by the Mongol succession process upon the death of Ögedei Khan. All Russian states were forced to submit to Mongol rule and became part of the Golden Horde empire, some of which lasted until 1480.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Remember when we did...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Has Russia ever invaded NATO countries.. the answer is NO

And hopefully it stays that way, or it could get very ugly if it happens.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
Just wondering. I do not see Russia building up forces around other countries like NATO is doing to them. Also a lot of these independent countries have many ethnically Russians who want to be part of Russia again. Sounds very domestic to me. Like I said, just wondering. But what do I know living in South Africa

Yes, well, we have a lot of Mexicans who invited themselves into the desert Southwest who just want to be part of Mexico again ... I suppose that would justify Mexico's invasion?

If they want to be ethnic Russians again and feel like they got caught somewhere they don't want to live after the USSR fell apart ... maybe they ought to move back to Russia?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

I would be absolutely glad to because then you could do your own dirty work instead of expecting us to do it all for you. Of course, you'd have to figure out how to fund and field your own militaries again ... good luck doing that with all those overly developed social democracies our military has subsidized for you.

You can complain all you want about "having to foot the bills" but believe me, you haven't paid for the first part of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

O THANKS to the Rothchilds,YOUR people I believe...

The rothschilds are actually Germans of the Jewish faith from Frankfurt. They just happen to be based around the world in different locations.

Anyway I actually like America. You are for the most part the good guys. You have been a leading light for the world. An amazing experiment that surpasses national identity based on history, more of an idea of being American to which anybody can become.I like your things too, kick ass cars, nice engineering great movies, visionary people who reinvent their economy evry generation or so. But regarding Russia I do believe you are pushing too hard and should give Russia its sphere of influence in Ukraine and most of its old USSR, not the Baltics though.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Since WWII the US has been lied to and a GREAT deal of attrocities that have been commited in secrecy are JUST now comming to light.
Most of what is being done with Foreign policies make ALL of us upset.
ESPECIALLY when we have ellected someone who doesn't bother creating one but instead used activisim to guide him.
The Meddicis Started the whole thing in Italy during the reneaissance.
edit on 2-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join