It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia pulls plug on Crimean Tatar TV sparking Ukraine outrage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Explain .. Please.

Russia hasn't tried to conquer the world like 'ahem' some other countries.

I thought Crimea was predominanately Russian?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

That's BS ~

Are Americans taking all their Info from Movies? The Russians are Invading omg!

Sorry but that sounds like a load of Crap to me, and half the rest of the population of
planet earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Explain .. Please.

Russia hasn't tried to conquer the world like 'ahem' some other countries.

whats to explain.. Putin is using the exact same tactics the USSR and to an extent Nazi Germany used.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Xcathdra, i totally disagree...
Its clear as day you are AntiRussian or should i say you're RUSSIANPHOBIC? isn't that the popular
word these days to use for those who disagree?

Putin did not run Russia when the USSR did these things, any more
than the American Rulers now were responsible for what happened
a decade ago.' Right?

You need to open your eyes and see what's going on before you're consumed by
this fake reality.
edit on 4/2/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I am not surprised... Russia continues the destruction of anything that is not "Russian" or "Pro Russian".

Russia, under Putin, has begun a campaign of Cultural Genocide. This is the same policy that China has followed in Tibet and Xianjiang. Banning a television station that broadcasts in the local language is the first step in eliminating that language and, eventually, that distinct culture.

Meanwhile, among Russia's intelligentsia, dissatisfaction with the annexation of Crimea has been growing. Crimea is likely to be a burden rather than an asset for the near future:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Speaking of Tibet and cultural killing the Chinese, in all their hatred of the Dali Lama, have announced they will pick the next Dali Lama.

Its interesting they would pick a leader for a religion they refuse to recognize / acknowledge.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

In changing history, he makes new history.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Youre assuming youre correct then.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

Knock of the insults and off topic personal remarks or posting bans may follow!

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

In changing history, he makes new history.

Which is a huge problem when that new history is based on lies.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Russian speaking yes, but still Ukrainian.

Autonomous doesn't mean totally independent, as Crimea still had to follow Ukrainian laws. Much like individual states in the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Putin did not run Russia when the USSR did these things, any more
than the American Rulers now were responsible for what happened
a decade ago.' Right?

Which is why he is trying so hard to get back to that time...so he can rule that way.

As for an American ruler responsible for things that happened a decade ago...I guess it depends on what happened and how much they were involved.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

Which one of those channels is the only channel that serves an ethnic minority that is a victim of near genocide?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

"Russia pulls plug" didn't happen, obviously a land mass lacks arms to "pull" anything...

Besides that, no "plug" was pulled.. rather, it's broadcast permit was denied 4 times by "Roskomnadzor ", the Russian FCC.. for supposedly containing errors. The station had been operating under a now defunct Ukrainian license.

Additionally, in 2014 Rockwell Land Corporation purchased all outstanding shares of ATR media holdings... according to a recent CIA retiree (article below), Rockwell staff includes CIA NOCs.. "nonofficial cover"

"ATR had repeatedly filed documents containing the same errors", "I think it's possible that errors are being made intentionally in the documents — so that Roskomnadzor decline to accept them for review — in order to blow up the situation politically,""

www.themoscowtimes.com...

" Rockwell Land Corporation (PSE: ROCK), has entered into a Memorandum of Agreement with ATR Holdings Inc"

www.fabian.ph...

"One hundred and ten CIA officers currently serve as NOCs, according to a recent CIA retiree...." including Rockwell International.

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sorry, but is the west now coming to the aid of Islam? Since when?

This Lenur Islyamov character that did not get his license renewed by Russian "authorities"(LMAO) sounds like quite the AQ member. Maybe Muslim brotherhood, maybe this guy would be stripped of all he is worth in the west and fitted with an orange jump suit. And maybe this news would never see the light of day.

Is it even possible to attack Russia fundamentally from the west without struggling with a double standard? I think not.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Sorry, but is the west now coming to the aid of Islam? Since when?

Funny, when they DO come to the aid of muslims, they are accused of creating the very enemy they are fighting (ISIS for example). The west has been giving lots of aid to various muslim populations, Peshmerga fighters being but one example. Yet you want to talk about double standards?

Is it even possible to attack Russia fundamentally from the west without struggling with a double standard? I think not.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I see as much hypocrisy (if not more) coming from Putin's defenders. In fact, they flat out lie, and then change the narrative when those lies are factually exposed (like Russian military forces fighting in Eastern Ukraine, or the little green men in Crimea leading up to the annexation). Calling out one side for double standards when the other is just as guilty is just one more example of the pot calling the kettle black in this conflict.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GovtFlu

The relevant Russian agency said no to Tatar tv.. they pulled the plug on their ability to broadcast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join