Well, I've thought more about this. To me the positions of the idea candidate matter little, I am equally comfortable with someone from the right as
I am someone from the left. Instead these are the things I want:
1. I want someone who doesn't believe God talks to them and tells them what to do.
2. I want someone with a passion for politics.
3. I want someone that knows how to compromise and is pragmatic.
4. I want someone who doesn't call for the mass murder or deportation of a demographic.
5. I want someone without an ego, who cares more about meeting goals than the glory of reaching them.
6. I want someone who has a technological background. Not in using tech but in creating it.
7. I want someone with an education in engineering, science, mathematics, or computing.
8. I want someone who will stand up to the banks.
9. I want someone willing to favor small business over large.
10. I want someone who can make the hard choices that will guarantee them being a 1 term president, if those changes are beneficial 10-15 years in the
11. I want someone who is not a Clinton or Bush
12. I want someone who worked in the trenches and knows their field, not career management.
13. I want someone who knows what it's like to have lived for long periods of time in the bottom 1 or 2% income bracket.
14. I want someone who has the philosophy of everything in moderation, and applies that to political positions.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Aazadan
because: (no reason given)