It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Adjusting Bra-holster Kills Herself...Concealed Carry Misfires Are Rising?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I feel open carry is the best way...imagine if the majority carried a gun openly. No one would wanna be that ass. You'd choose your words more wisely, you'd act more courteous, and criminals would tend not to wanna risk death to commit crime...its just not profitable lol. I have carried for years now and can say I have let a lot of stuff slide I probably would not have because I was armed rather than not being armed. It seems trivial to fight unnecessarily at that point knowing the risks of it getting out of hand. Guns are great and quite the equalizer of men/women and allows all to be on a level field...why wouldn't we want that. People however we suck...and have a lot more defects than the guns we blaim.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Lethal Bewbage: Fata1ity!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
A conceal carry permit has nothing to do with people being shot and injured / killed because they don't bother to exercise common sense safety precautions when handling firearms.

As for the comment about trigger pull that can be adjusted.

A safety?

All weapons have that ability, it can be put into safety and removed from safe by the flick of a finger...as you say, it's common sense, which seems to be severely lacking these days.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
All weapons have that ability, it can be put into safety and removed from safe by the flick of a finger...

Can you show us where the safety is located on Glock semi-automatic pistols?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You don't put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to use it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MysterX
All weapons have that ability, it can be put into safety and removed from safe by the flick of a finger...

Can you show us where the safety is located on Glock semi-automatic pistols?

On the trigger itself..

Got to love combat Tupperware.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Sigh! would have been funny if it wasn't so tragic.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It all comes down to not having the weapon with a round in the chamber while it is in the holster. You need to practice chambering a round after you remove the weapon from the holster. The Glock has two safties. One, the trigger has been mentioned, the second is not chambering a round until you are ready to fire. As far as the child accidentally killing the Mother goes, that was a twofer. One for the anti-gun nuts and one for the anti-Walmart nuts. For this to happen, the weapon would have had to have a round chambered, the hammer cocked, any safties off and a light trigger. That is NEGLIGENCE on the part of the person carrying the weapon.

I would support a required training class before you could purchase a weapon, except that I'm afraid that the anti-gun groups would made it into something that would be impossible to pass, too expensive to afford or that there would nobody wanting to teach the class due to liability.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies
"Time for the NRA to step up to the plate and go back to being a SAFETY organization, rather than a political organization. "

These words are gold. Sadly, organizations novadays can't operate without being political..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Gun triggers used to require significant force to fire a gun. It was a real effort to actually fire one.

Now, triggers are so light that a two year old can fire a gun.

Well, for starters, you're generalizing triggers when there is no generalization to be made. All firearms have different triggers and amounts of ft-lbs of pressure it takes to fire them. I'm not sure when the last time you had a two-year-old squeeze you with their hand or pinch you, but any two-year-old would have the power to squeeze the trigger on a firearm. Hell, my 15-month-old daughter could.

The triggers aren't the problem as much as the way people conceal them--obviously, the gun that the two-year-old pulled out was not in a proper holster inside the purse (I'm talking about the Walmart shooting a few weeks back). This bra holster HAD to have been used incorrectly, as I have never seen a holster that points up, nor one where you can accidentally fire the weapon if handling the holster (well, maybe a couple, but they're specifically designed to be fired with the holster still on, and they're designed for pocket use).

The problem with accidental shootings of firearms, for the most part, are not the holsters or triggers or safeties--it lies within how people store them and handle them. If you store them unsecurely, accidents are prone to happen at a higher rate than if they're properly locked away and there is positive key control by an adult; that's just the realities of life.

You should be angered at the firearm owners, not small parts of the firearm itself.

As a side note, if you were to make a trigger as hard to pull as you imply they should be (or used to be, which is wrong), there would be a dramatic loss of accuracy in high-stress situations, rendering the firearm relatively useless as protection.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I wholeheartedly disagree about keeping a chambered round in the firearm, but to each their own. My .40 only has a trigger safety, but the thing about it is that it's either locked in my gun safe, or on my side in a holster at all times. My finger is the safety that keeps the gun from firing when it shouldn't.

We can disagree on that all we want, but that one time you might actually need the firearm in a split-second scenario in life and you don't have a round chambered and you don't have the ability to chamber a round, you may wish you had changed your stance on it.

Of course, that's a worst-case scenario, but the reality of every-day carry is that we are trying to be prepared for that worst-case scenario. If you have a firearm, but it's unusable when you need it the most, why even have it?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Please, find the safety on my Smith & Wesson M&P .40c (other than the trigger safety)

Take all the time that you need

I'd be careful making comments that are wrong in order to sound smart--especially when invoking "common sense" in the same sentence.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy
That is exactly the point. I read through the previous posts and saw no mention of safeties.They put them on ALL firearms for a reason. Yes the trigger on a lot of modern firearms may be touchier, but not the safeties. Number one rule when handling firearms : SAFETY ON
And no , you cant legislate stupidity , but in the past few years many groups have tried. Going through town , now I have to stop on a through street if a pedestrian is on the sidewalk attempting to cross the street . In my state we have had more pedestrians hit by cars after this stupid attempt to legislate stupidity (Stupid is as stupid does , Forrest Gump's mother). Now most people feel they do not need to look both ways before crossing , because they are empowered by stupid people making stupid laws.

edit on 31-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

There are not safties on all firearms.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Unless you remove them , yes there are. From air rifles to assault rifles. Or if you live in a different country where those are not required

edit on 31-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

Even the military have safeties on everything from sidearms to nuclear weapons.....
edit on 31-3-2015 by here4this because: As a side note

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Gun triggers used to require significant force to fire a gun. It was a real effort to actually fire one.

Now, triggers are so light that a two year old can fire a gun.

NRA claims to be all about gun safety, but whenever anyone tries to impose anything safety related (such as genetically coded triggers or doctors reporting psychiatric issues of patients to police) they've been against them.

Time for the NRA to step up to the plate and go back to being a SAFETY organization, rather than a political organization.

The device is safe enough. The problem is not "not enough safety mechanisms" but morons who don't follow safety. If you get out of your car with the motor running and the gear in "drive" it is not the fault of the car manufacturer or the AAA but you.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: carewemust

Gun accidents happen of course, but in this instance, I wonder if a male (husband probably) is to blame for the gal having insufficient training in handling her gun. My GF would like to get a CC permit but she won't because I wouldn't let her do it. She is totally not capable of protecting herself from herself if she was armed.

How many men encourage their wives to go the limit and allow themselves to be fitted with a gun that they hardly know how to load, let alone fire competently?

Or, perhaps it was a suicide that everybody is in denial about. As said previously, the holster faces downward and it would take some machinations to shoot yourself in the eye by accident.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: babybunnies

that's completely ignorant anti-gun nonsense and considering modern safety regulations i'd argue even impossible with newer guns even if you handle the gun wrong.
as for the NRA being a safety organization, um what? since when was it ever such a thing? it was a political lobby from the start created to protect and preserve the second amendment from ever increasing legal encroachment by state and government authorities.

scratch that, it was created to promote shooting on ranges and such until 1934 when they became weary of such.

NRA has always been a safety organization and still has extensive safety and certification classes.

The trouble is that the left's definition of "safety" and what safety actually entails are two radically different things.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Where is the safety on the Glock 22?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: carewemust

On a related note, doesn't it seem as if accidental injuries and deaths from pistols have increased significantly since they've become legal to carry in many states? Two weeks ago a TODDLER riding in the basket at WalMart killed his Mom with a gun she had in her purse. Do concealed-carry laws cause more problems than they solve?

-cwm

Yeah but that incident wasn't two weeks ago. Local to me, it was in December of last year. So are these cases rising despite months going by?

A relative bought her the "gun case" for her purse. Apparently she was experienced with firearms but made a lethal mistake. Would never encourage carrying like that.

An that's the point. These incidents are not that common, nor on the rise, but we see them more and more because of an agenda driven MSM

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join