It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Adjusting Bra-holster Kills Herself...Concealed Carry Misfires Are Rising?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Keep in mind that every time someone tries to make something idiot-proof, they just invent a better idiot. More regulations only make it harder on the people who know what they are doing. The stupid will do what they do regardless.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MysterX
All weapons have that ability, it can be put into safety and removed from safe by the flick of a finger...

Can you show us where the safety is located on Glock semi-automatic pistols?

It's on the trigger. It will not fire as long as you keep your booger picker out of the trigger guard, even if you drop it off the roof.

Safety rule # umpteen--keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Exactly, it is not a 'click on/click off' safety as MisterX stated above.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Last month, a lady near my child-hood hometown was adjusting her bra-holster and accidentally shot herself through the eye

Tragic and I feel for her family.

However , You never let a crisis go to waste. All forms of Bras must be banned to prevent this in the future.

The problem with banding things that are easy to illegally traffic or deal is that it gives the criminals an advantage over the working law abiding stiff.

Its the person with the criminal intent that is going to purchase those weapons or conceal them illegally to give themselves even more of an upper hand.

However, we also have to many gun owners that have seen to many movies and are itching at the chance to use their weapons.

I do wish we had more non lethal weapons that would be equally effective as Guns to keep criminals in check , unfortunately we don't.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

However, we also have to many gun owners that have seen to many movies and are itching at the chance to use their weapons.

No we don't.

I've heard that claim many times but in my 20 years of being heavily-involved in the shooting community in two of the most gun-friendly sates (Mississippi and Texas) and on multiple gun forums, I've never met someone who's "itching at the chance to use their weapons."

The only time I've seen or heard people spouting nonsense is from kids who play too much Call of Duty and don't even own a real gun.

I do wish we had more non lethal weapons that would be equally effective as Guns to keep criminals in check , unfortunately we don't.

Non-lethal weapons are meant to subdue an attacker so they can be handcuffed and detained. They aren't applicable to civilians unless there's a very easy way to escape the situation i.e. taze someone, get in your car, and leave.

People put a lot of faith in pepper spray without realizing the massive downsides.

The legal ramifications of employing non-lethal weapons is a major grey area as well.
edit on 3/31/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was trained to chamber a round after removing my weapon from the holster on the way to firing position. It doesn't add any additional time and I practice it regularly.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was trained to chamber a round after removing my weapon from the holster on the way to firing position. It doesn't add any additional time and I practice it regularly.

The Israelis teach that method because it gives them an extra second to assess the situation.

The problem is, most people don't put in the training time required to develop the muscle memory necessary to perform the extra movement under stress. Hell, most people struggle with flipping a manual safety under stress which is why nearly all police departments require their officers to carry double-action pistols without a manual safety.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How bout a cz p01? Or many other "decocker" models. Or a diamond back db380? (No trigger safety on this glock wannabe)

This is the argument I have with myself A LOT. Most of the time I just don't keep one in the tube.... But that easily adds 300% to my response time to a threat... Conversely.. Not having one in the tube doesn't somehow make the gun "safe" and absolve any responsibility and make it less of a chore to carry... Cause if your real about it... Carrying is a chore.. It's so stressful to always be mindful of where your gun is and always making sure to keep concealed. For me it's much less of a chore then having to worry when not carrying but for others I fear they just don't worry about it and then bad things happen when they carry..

The seriousness of firearms goes unstated way to much in today's society. Like many problems it's a parenting problem. From a young age this could be instilled on kids but it's not and then these kids get guns and then you have idiots like the rapper stitches...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I train the POOP out of clambering a round when I draw and it definitely adds at least 3x the time to getting a round on target..

I never really considered the extra time as a benefit to asses the situation but in reality .8 seconds vs 2.4 seconds isn't much of a game changer. In some situations I'm sure it could be but in reality intelligence and diligence should keep you out of those situations where you don't have time to asses and react.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is that one available in US ? I had forgotten the cheapest one Glock has ever built.There are external safeties for it as well.I wold not own a firearm without a safety , though.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
How bout a cz p01? Or many other "decocker" models. Or a diamond back db380? (No trigger safety on this glock wannabe)

Agreed, there are a plethora of handguns without a thumb safety.

This is the argument I have with myself A LOT. Most of the time I just don't keep one in the tube.... But that easily adds 300% to my response time to a threat...

I only keep one handgun fully loaded and that is in the biometric on the nightstand.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Is that one available in US ? I had forgotten the cheapest one Glock has ever built.There are external safeties for it as well.I wold not own a firearm without a safety , though.

The Glock 22 is a .40S&W caliber full-size pistol. It's the same price as all of their full-size models.

The pistol is manufactured without a manual safety, like all Glock pistols. The only external safeties are gunsmith-only modifications. The only other option is a removable plastic block that goes behind the trigger.
edit on 3/31/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Is that one available in US ? I had forgotten the cheapest one Glock has ever built.

Yes, most of the Glocks are configured this way and they are not necessarily 'cheap'. A Glock 22 will run about $500.

There are external safeties for it as well.I wold not own a firearm without a safety , though.

I have some with, some without. It all depends on your comfort level and amount of familiarity with the firearm.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That's good training, and I've completed training like that myself (draw, chamber and hit the target in under one second). The fact is, though, that you won't always have both hands available in a situation where you may need your firearm as your main defense.

What then?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The Israelis teach that method because it gives them an extra second to assess the situation.

The problem is, most people don't put in the training time required to develop the muscle memory necessary to perform the extra movement under stress. Hell, most people struggle with flipping a manual safety under stress which is why nearly all police departments require their officers to carry double-action pistols without a manual safety.

Yep, my training in that technique was associated with Krav Maga.

I still keep a round chambered, and I have the law-enforcement version of the M&P for my carry pistol (no safety). I wish I had some ranges around me that would allow unholstering and firing on the fire line, but they don't. I'm eagerly awaiting when I buy some land and can make my own firing area.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I didn't say all, but there are plenty of wackos with guns that revolve their lives around guns and in fear of the epic doom that is coming.

In regards to the non lethal weapons, like I said I wish they were up to par with guns but unfortunately they are not. It just would be nice to get second chances under lethal split second decisions .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I encourage my wife to get her CWP and carry, but i also told her that she would need one on one training with a instructor, as well as many hours in the woods with me plunking before she should carry.
Started small and got her a .25cal semi auto, fits her hands well, no real kick, easy to shoot, once she gets comfe with that, then i will move her up to a little more power, and then up to what she would be comfe with.

Gradual steps, and lots of practice. I would not be ok with her just getting the cwp and then carrying.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Why does the movie "idiocracy" keep coming to mind? lol

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

There are external safeties for it as well.I wold not own a firearm without a safety , though.

Glock's in the US do NOT have external safeties.
They have what they call a 'safe action trigger'.
Basically it's a trigger within a trigger.
Just sales BS. If the trigger is moved by any object the gun will go off.
Just check out the Youtube videos of cops shooting themselves with Glocks.

I would not buy a gun without one.
Therefore I will never buy a Glock.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

There were instances of law enforcement personnel shooting themselves when Berettas were the standard issue weapon, it just goes back to what NavyDoc said, keep your finger off the trigger.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join