It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Adjusting Bra-holster Kills Herself...Concealed Carry Misfires Are Rising?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
March 30, 2015

Last month, a lady near my child-hood hometown was adjusting her bra-holster and accidentally shot herself through the eye. Died immediately.

Story: www.rawstory.com...

From what I've read, the bra-holster points down. Does anyone have an idea how this could happen? Was discussing this with some people who live in that small Michigan town over the weekend...and they're all stumped.

On a related note, doesn't it seem as if accidental injuries and deaths from pistols have increased significantly since they've become legal to carry in many states? Two weeks ago a TODDLER riding in the basket at WalMart killed his Mom with a gun she had in her purse. Do concealed-carry laws cause more problems than they solve?

-cwm
edit on 3/30/2015 by carewemust because: Clarity enhancements

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Gun triggers used to require significant force to fire a gun. It was a real effort to actually fire one.

Now, triggers are so light that a two year old can fire a gun.

NRA claims to be all about gun safety, but whenever anyone tries to impose anything safety related (such as genetically coded triggers or doctors reporting psychiatric issues of patients to police) they've been against them.

Time for the NRA to step up to the plate and go back to being a SAFETY organization, rather than a political organization.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Actually with all these hand held devices people are scatterbrained with no situational awareness these days its a wonder threres not more accidents

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You cant fix or legislate stupidity, unfortunately. The fact that we are hearing more about this seems to mean that we have an ever increasing population of stupid people that are (as was stated above) so engrossed in their own little world they have zero situational awareness.

Does this mean we need MORE gun control, hardly. We need stupid control....and for the media to STOP celebrating and aggrandizing stupid acts, and rewarding stupidity with fame and fortune.

being stoooopid... For everyone's sake.

edit on 3/30/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A conceal carry permit has nothing to do with people being shot and injured / killed because they don't bother to exercise common sense safety precautions when handling firearms.

As for the comment about trigger pull that can be adjusted.

link   
This is the thing that can happen when a person doesn't understand the workings of the firearm.
edit on 3/30/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Freak accident has nothing to do with guns. Read up!

freak accidents Wineglass, golf club etc.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The important thing about concealed carry is that you do not actually have to carry to benefit.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Gun accidents happen of course, but in this instance, I wonder if a male (husband probably) is to blame for the gal having insufficient training in handling her gun. My GF would like to get a CC permit but she won't because I wouldn't let her do it. She is totally not capable of protecting herself from herself if she was armed.

How many men encourage their wives to go the limit and allow themselves to be fitted with a gun that they hardly know how to load, let alone fire competently?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I understand that freak accidents occur in all shapes and forms, Greathouse. It just seems like the number of "freak" accidents associated with firearms are on the increase. I suppose one day there will be study to determine if there's a correlation between concealed-carry laws and accidental shootings, vs. reduction/non-reduction of intentional shootings.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Greathouse

I understand that freak accidents occur in all shapes and forms, Greathouse. It just seems like the number of "freak" accidents associated with firearms are on the increase. I suppose one day there will be study to determine if there's a correlation between concealed-carry laws and accidental shootings, vs. reduction/non-reduction of intentional shootings.

So in this case everyone believes the MSM scare tactics?

Accidents happen and yes they also happen with guns.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would like to see pictures of the people this happened to, that would probably explain a lot.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

that's completely ignorant anti-gun nonsense and considering modern safety regulations i'd argue even impossible with newer guns even if you handle the gun wrong.
as for the NRA being a safety organization, um what? since when was it ever such a thing? it was a political lobby from the start created to protect and preserve the second amendment from ever increasing legal encroachment by state and government authorities.

scratch that, it was created to promote shooting on ranges and such until 1934 when they became weary of such.
edit on 30-3-2015 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
People have accidents all the time, with all sorts of things. Only when a gun is involved, will it be splashed all over the news and used by the anti gun crowd to push their agenda.
Bra holsters don't actually point down, more to the side. If the gun had slipped, it was probably pointing up and that;s how she was shot in the face.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Shouldn't the safety be on a gun at all times unless you need to fire?
How does a toddler unlock the safety? Why would you carry around an unlocked gun in between your chest and have it pointed at your face?
Sorry but that's Darwin awards for both people...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
I would like to see pictures of the people this happened to, that would probably explain a lot.
yes it does!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I always say that guns are much more likely to harm you than help you, but people don't care about reality.

Of all the people I've ever known the ones who say they've actually needed guns to protect themselves it's almost always because they live in a really poor neighborhood, or out in the country surrounded by other rednecks with guns.

They'd be better off spending their money to move somewhere decent where they don't need to live in fear, but of course that wouldn't give them an excuse to act macho, so they never listen.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh Well. She should had put the safety on. Eye guess this is a teachable moment.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Gun accidents happen of course, but in this instance, I wonder if a male (husband probably) is to blame for the gal having insufficient training in handling her gun. My GF would like to get a CC permit but she won't because I wouldn't let her do it. She is totally not capable of protecting herself from herself if she was armed.

How many men encourage their wives to go the limit and allow themselves to be fitted with a gun that they hardly know how to load, let alone fire competently?

AlienSun, the story I linked to ( www.rawstory.com... ) states that she had several years of Military Police experience...

Excerpt:"According to an obituary published by Florin Funeral Home, Bond joined the U.S. Navy out of high school, and served two terms as an active Military Police. She was an administrator for the Road to Life Church, and an “active member of the Christian Motorcycle Association.”"
cwm

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

David64, thank-you for that photo of what a bra-holster looks like and how the gun is worn. Looks like it would be terribly uncomfortable while seated! Still hard to imagine a reason why the gun would be pointing straight up and fire during bra "adjustment", while getting dressed. Thanks again!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join