It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

That's what I like to see..a well reasoned response. Guess we shouldn't worry about those pesky human rights violations cause "Merica, right?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
LOL

Maybe the UN should deal with facts instead of voting on who to make social commentary about for political reasons.

Israel does messed up stuff... no duhr, the Palestinian situation needs to be fixed somehow... no duhr

None the less, I can think of oh... I dunno, 1/3 of the world sucking more arse than going to Israel would, places there is no food, places with hundreds of thousands of rapes, warlords, cannibals, disease and worms out the yin yang.... heck Detroit is worse and yes i'm not talking about the violence which isn't "state sponsored (which means so much when you get shot) but yeah the govt and police...

Israel has an "actual govt" so it's worse than Liberia because the 9000 nightmare things that happen to you within 24hrs of getting off a plane don't count because no one "elected" the warlords doing it...

The UN seriously can be asinine.

This. 1000 times over.

I agree, Israel does some seriously screwed up things, and I personally think it is a #ty little country that I honestly wouldn't care one way or another if Iran nuked it. But worst in human rights violations? Worse than Mugabe in Zimbabwe? Worse than central Asian republics who still boil people live in oil as a punishment? Worse than Latin American nations where war on the streets is the norm, and the governments corrupt and often in on it? Worse than FREAKING CHINA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Give me a break. It's garbage like this that makes it hard to take anything the U.N. says seriously.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

post by johnwick

You just can't accept the pallies are bad all around. Why do you think Jordan and Egypt want nothing to do with them? The pallies were shunned by all Arab nations long before isreal came around. They are the trouble makers nobody wants in their lands. They were hurded and shut into the Sinai long before isreal was founded, because of their culture.

That is a terrible argument to make.

What other people got "shunned" ?

I don't accept that "the pallies" were "trouble makers" just as I don't accept that the Jews were trouble makers.

Don't you see - the same prejudical B.S. was spouted about the Jewish People. You are guilty of the same blanket discrimination - Have you learned anything from history ?

post by johnwick

"nobody wants in their lands"

Think about that statement you made

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I feel you've been the only one who has truly contributed to this conversation. I think this thread should have been locked on the post you made before last. You laid it all out there for everyone to see, the real Truth, no bias, no hate, and no racism.

In fact, I'm going to repeat it, because it's too powerful of a message to get lost in a sea of pointless hate and bigotry.

10,000 dead kids...

It's not about blame, there just genuinely is a brainwashing and hatred in this particular debate.

8,855 Homicides in the USA last year.

North Korean Starvation Deaths 350,000 in a decade

Heck... 4 Million displaced from Syria in the last Year

20 Million US citizens Jailed over a decade or so... Most for non violent crimes... Most in the world

48 women are raped per hr in the Congo

83,425 women"reported" rape in the us last year

Bad summer in Palestine? November death toll for Muslim militants: 5,042 around the world.

We any better? Iraqi War casualties... 2.3 Million Iraqis since 1990

Darfur? 450,000 Dead with an estimated 3,245,000 people displaced over 5 Million Rapes

Ukrainian Deaths hit 4500 by November and just keep going... One Year

Here is what I see... BIAS, Over the same 3 decades, roughly 30,000 Palestinians died... Roughly 9000 Israelis. Yeah there is a war going on, yeah it's stupid like most, YES on both sides people could do a lot more to stem the violence....

But worst in the world? What kind of BS fantasy land do some of you people live in? As many people will get shot and killed State side just from being jerks with no war going on as Palestinians died in 2 decades of so called "genocide" ...

It's a political issue... There is a degree anti antisemitism to it just like there is Islamic hatred from the other side... because REALITY CHECK... if your a "Peace Activist" you literally have to go through a giant list in this world before you even reach this conflict

Neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis are being "raped continually" by the other side, the Deaths are in the low thousands... we rocked that Total in the first day of the gulf war, the first DAY. There aren't "concentration camps" set up on either side, neither population even comes close to the internal death tolls of some conflict regions particularly Africa

In Reality, it's a land dispute... actually one of the FEW rare legitimate disputes in the world in which BOTH sides are kind of right...a reason for a war, a valid pretext at least not all about Ideology or Money

The real, Israel and Palestine are stuck in this fight, the Palestinians have been loosing all along sure... But neither side actualy woke up one morning with a Hate based goal of destroying the other. decisions were made from the outside.

And more REAL... Palestinians can get out and leave so can Israelis... they both CHOOSE to stay and fight it out

Which brings me to "open air prison" North Korea isn't an "open air prison" "Ideologies" themselves aren't in a way "open air prisons" Is Even "America" Not an "open air prison"? Can I go out find empty land and build a house by cutting down trees? Or would I be locked away? I am personally financially enslaved so are most of you...

But is either side actually being slaughtered and raped? Right next door, again, 4 Million Syrians displaced this year... never has gone remotely that far between Palestine and Israel in such a manner

So Yeah... when you Rate Israel worst in the world for Women, that's a LOL a big LOL it's an utterly biased nonsense statement, Genocide when people CAN leave no matter who is calling the word is also BS

Why?

Why THIS topic of infatuation for so many... stop holding up your babies on both sides and see the TRUTH, this conflict doesn't even rank in regards to atrocities around the globe, there is legitimacy on both sides to the conflict, it has never escalated to anything remotely "genocidal" neither group is top 10 in abuses of women

so WHY?

Bigotry, that's what this topic is, in the States and Europe it's something for stupid teenagers in Uni to get activist about so they can "feel" like they are solving a problem, it has forces of Bigotry both anti Jewish and Anti Muslim fueling it...

And there is NOTHING about this conflict that in any actuality should threaten or involve the rest of the world... Meanwhile OUR conflicts DO endanger the ENTIRE planet, Europe, Russia, America and others... bring these situations into death tolls of Millions upon Millions have committed Genocide yes all of the above has... and park the world under Thousands of Nukes...

Yet nothing about SELF, nothing about the sheer insanity of what your respective nations actually do, even via the environment we are butchers we threaten the globe with Dozens of time bomb Nuke Plants, GMO's, poison after poison killing Millions of kids everywhere...

But Israel... fighting for a strip of land the size of Rhode Island against one small Isolated people who...show no interested in actually stopping the conflict any more than the Israelis do This is the "worst in the world" going on?

I don't think so... I think everyone is involved for straight up Bigoted reasons.

Look at yourselves your in a Nightmare, slave states, material obsession, never ending street violence people all around yu hell bent on strange Dogmas, massive money on even more massive military machines that you all slave to fund every day that Kill not thousands... Millions regularly

Israel and Palestine has been... the only fight that actually has a reason and WE are the reason LOL

I wish I could give you 1000 stars.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thank You Skadi a couple of posts back and you Aedaeum for the kind words.

I think... if you follow this debate long enough and listen to both sides only one of two things can actually happen, your either going to become more and more defensive and hot or eventually it dawns on you, No way, I see this for what it is, I see who's on either side i'm being drawn into polarization, I have people trying to instill fear in me, most of this is demonizing, i'm too smart for this, i've seen this over and over again the "dehumanizing" of people in order to create that "out of control" slaughter of people... there are always "forces" behind this (don't mean in a supernatural sense) and this is how they create the mob mentality... this is it right here happening in front of my eyes the crap I read in history books, this is how it begins, I don't care what side I initially favor or even am grouped in with myself I see what is being done.....

And... NO

I'm done, not falling in this trap another minute.

Seriously i've listened to some great arguments from both sides, I'm actually Jewish myself and my opinion on this subject makes me unpopular with those I grew up with as well as unpopular with the other side and with clarity I can say I SEE, the real issue here is Both sides are correct there has been a wrong doing and you all have to STOP and FOCUS, your being USED. Your becoming something your not at the behest of people who are truly horrible, it's becoming a contagion now and you have to not participate... there is no other way, whatever your religion or fears or concerns you have to step back and remove yourself and ANY and ALL personal biases so you can see clearly what's happening here and what your making yourself a part of before it's too late.

It might be your Brother your Spouse you might live right in the region and you have to look to your left and see who's infected and say NO to them, No More. Both sides are right because a situation was created that has led to a kind of mental illness here and you have to say "I'm going to get better" be the Cancer victim that beats it

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

After what Israel have done in recent years, this doesn't surprise me at all. It's like they don't aknowledge human rights at all...
That said, about a time to speak up and take action regarding this...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: aboveTopGun15

Who does in war?

Perhaps they should have been more "inventive" like us in war, no precedent for leaving depleted Uranium behind to violate right?, i'm sure in 20 years there will be "rules" for not causing birth defects for a few hundred years.

There is this sort of insanity in the topic you bring "WAR" it's "legal" but don't break the rules because you know firing 4000 rockets if they could of hit, rockets that you know of the type would just randomly land anywhere n anyone, that's better.

So I sit here in the States, behind 3500 some odd Nukes, which if they land at the right distance just melt the clothes to ones skin leaving you to walk around in agony for a week or two while tumors form in rapid succession the immune system dies and you puke constantly through the whole experience before dying?

You don't think it's ridiculous that you take sides? Side A is "Okay" because they threw hand grenades but that guy over there shoved a hand grenade right up someone's arse so he's worse, see how bad he is...

There is only ONE human right to discuss in regards to War...the right to not be exposed to War, once that part is passed and underway and there is participation there isn't much to discuss in the way of "right and wrong" legal or illegal. You participated in War, wake me up when that's illegal, the fine details of exactly how one is allowed to be embowled is missing the point.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Israel is the worst human rights abuser? Wow i thought it was America. Or Britain?

Who has ruled most of the world for the last 100 yrs?

Who created Islam? hmm Catholicism maybe? lets get real here.

the worst human abusers are those who RULE OUR WORLD. They
are the ones who need to be taken down.

Who's got the balls to do it? Maybe a Zillionaire watching this forum
will suddenly say to himself, wow, maybe we need to Do The Right Thing
and stop this freaking chaos? Oh i can't wait for that day. When will somone
in power say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and stand up for the rest of US?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Well I abstain of comparing anything but, check by yourself, the 79 violations of United Nations security council resolutions, since 1948 - 2009.

The other countries that you mentioned could have some also. But I doubt they have 79 (and I'm not counting the three wars /assaults that Israel made to Palestinians in the last 6years, that could add more 10 or 20violations... let's wait for ICC..)

These are 27 Israel violations when it comes to Occupation and land grab / theft of land:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950); Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967) ; Res. 252 (May 21, 1968); Res. 267 (Jul. 3, 1969); Res. 271 (Sep. 15, 1969); Res. 298 (Sep. 25, 1971); Res. 446 (Mar. 22, 1979); Res. 452 (Jul. 20, 1979); Res. 465 (Mar. 1, 1980); Res. 469 (May 20, 1980); Res. 471 (Jun. 5, 1980); Res. 476 (Jun. 30, 1980); Res. 478 (Aug. 20, 1980); Res. 497 (Dec. 17, 1981); Res. 592 (Dec. 8, 1986); Res. 605 (Dec. 22, 1987); Res. 607 (Jan. 5, 1988); Res. 608 (Jan. 14, 1988); Res. 636 (Jul. 6, 1989); Res. 641 (Aug. 30, 1989); Res. 681 (Dec. 20, 1990); Res. 694 (May 24, 1991); Res. 726 (Jan. 6, 1992); Res. 799 (Dec. 18, 1992); Res. 1435 (Sep. 24, 2002); Res. 1544 (May 19, 2004); Res. 1860 (Jan. 8, 2009).

I will transcript just 2 from the above, all of them go around the same though:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950): Expresses its conviction that the maintenance of the General Armistice Agreement is threatened by any deliberate violation of that Agreement by one of the parties to it, and that no progress towards the return of permanent peace in Palestine can be made unless the parties comply strictly with their obligations under the General Armistice Agreement and the cease-fire provisions of its resolution 54 (1948)

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950)

The Plan of Partition with Economic Union of Palestine between other aspects, it defines the limits of:
- Independent Arab state;
- Independent Jewish state;
- the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem.

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967): Emphasizes “the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war”, emphasizes that member states have a commitment to abide by the U.N. Charter, and calls for the “Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied” during the June 1967 war

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967)

I left out 52 other violations (from 79), such as terrorist attacks, invasions of sovereign countries, collective punishment, racism, massacre of civilians, abduction, support of armed groups, assassination attempts, deportations, blockades, imprisonment and the continued flagrant violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention.
edit on 2/4/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I never said Israel wasn't guilty of crimes against humanity. I said they weren't the worst, and in many ways, your post kinda proves it. Especially bringing up UN resolutions.

Israel has 79 resolutions passed against it, most of which it ignores or blatantly defies. So? A nation or entity's crimes against humanity aren't measured by how many U.N. resolutions are passed against it. Resolutions are little more than politically motivated administrative finger wagging and whining.

Plus, the fact that Israel has had so many resolutions passed against it, yet countries who commit even worse crimes are largely ignored makes me believe the resolutions being passed have little to do with human rights violations, and more to do with political posturing and self=righteousness. If Israel warrants 79 resolutions, then Zimbabwe should have at least 100, China double that. Iran, Sudan, Somalia, Rwanda, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Columbia, El Salvador.......where are their list of resolutions? Or does the U.N. only hammer out resolutions when some political motive is being served?

Again, I really have no love for Israel, and it's fate nor well being nor continued existence I could care less about. But I am not going to jump on the "I hate Israel the Most" band wagon, especially when there are, right there, in your face, worse violators of human rights and other crimes.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

For me the most important thing is: "some country" is committing/attempting Genocide, War crimes, Violating International law, Collectively punishing, Illegal occupying, stealing land, Imprisoning 2 million persons in open air, Starving, Harassing and killing those who don't agree or want to submit to their will...and that don't makes them any nicer than those you referred to. IMO, of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And my point is, "that particular country" is not the only one doing these things, nor is even the scale the biggest. I do not see the Israel/Palestine conflict as somehow worthy of more attention than any of many other countries engaging in genocide, torture, imprisonment, slavery, brutality/stealing land and killing the natives that is going on all over the freaking world right now.

Hell, the U.S. violates the human rights of it's own citizens on a daily basis, not to mention those of people in other countries. Just look at the blatant racial disparity in our "justice system" for one. The problem of homelessness. The War on Drugs. Police brutality and militarization. An economy that every day gets closer to virtual slavery. Why the hell doesn't the U.N. pass a resolution against the U.S.? That's right. Because "crimes against humanity" is a completely relative term. Relative to which countries have the most muscle and power. They who hold the most seats on the U.N. council decide who gets called out. The Arab countries hold a lot of sway in the U.N. ALOT. As does the E.U., which, despite their protests, is still deeply anti-Semitic. And no, I am not calling criticism of Israel anti-Semitic, because Israel has plenty worth criticism and condemnation. But when I lived over in Europe, I couldn't believe the level of blatant Anti-Jewish sentiments that are still held by even the well educated middle class. I mean, anytime a discussion of Israel, more than half of the "criticisms" were barely veiled diatribes of how vile the Jews are, the Jews run the world, ect. When you start ragging on Jews as a people/race/ethnic group instead of Israel as a crappy little nation whose government is run by paranoid scumbags, you've pretty much lost me.

And while we are at it, where the hell is concern for Africa? The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is a mere pissing contest compared to what goes on in "the Dark Continent". Palestinians are no were near extinction level genocide that we see for many ethnic groups in Africa. Entire tribes have been permanently wiped out, cultures erased.

To use the Joker Meme: Millions of Africans die every year from diseases, wars and genocides, no one bats an eye. Israel tanks raze one Palestinian village and shoot a few kids, everyone loses their minds.

ETA: The Israelis keep 2 million people in an open air prison, you said. I agree. However, America keeps about 2.3 million people in closed air, dark, overcrowded prisons filled with psychopaths and diseases, 550,000 of which are in solely for non-violent drug offenses, especially pot. A prison system that is being run by private companies for profit that has every stake in keeping prisons packed.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Well I abstain of comparing anything but, check by yourself, the 79 violations of United Nations security council resolutions, since 1948 - 2009.

The other countries that you mentioned could have some also. But I doubt they have 79 (and I'm not counting the three wars /assaults that Israel made to Palestinians in the last 6years, that could add more 10 or 20violations... let's wait for ICC..)

These are 27 Israel violations when it comes to Occupation and land grab / theft of land:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950); Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967) ; Res. 252 (May 21, 1968); Res. 267 (Jul. 3, 1969); Res. 271 (Sep. 15, 1969); Res. 298 (Sep. 25, 1971); Res. 446 (Mar. 22, 1979); Res. 452 (Jul. 20, 1979); Res. 465 (Mar. 1, 1980); Res. 469 (May 20, 1980); Res. 471 (Jun. 5, 1980); Res. 476 (Jun. 30, 1980); Res. 478 (Aug. 20, 1980); Res. 497 (Dec. 17, 1981); Res. 592 (Dec. 8, 1986); Res. 605 (Dec. 22, 1987); Res. 607 (Jan. 5, 1988); Res. 608 (Jan. 14, 1988); Res. 636 (Jul. 6, 1989); Res. 641 (Aug. 30, 1989); Res. 681 (Dec. 20, 1990); Res. 694 (May 24, 1991); Res. 726 (Jan. 6, 1992); Res. 799 (Dec. 18, 1992); Res. 1435 (Sep. 24, 2002); Res. 1544 (May 19, 2004); Res. 1860 (Jan. 8, 2009).

I will transcript just 2 from the above, all of them go around the same though:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950): Expresses its conviction that the maintenance of the General Armistice Agreement is threatened by any deliberate violation of that Agreement by one of the parties to it, and that no progress towards the return of permanent peace in Palestine can be made unless the parties comply strictly with their obligations under the General Armistice Agreement and the cease-fire provisions of its resolution 54 (1948)

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950)

The Plan of Partition with Economic Union of Palestine between other aspects, it defines the limits of:
- Independent Arab state;
- Independent Jewish state;
- the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem.

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967): Emphasizes “the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war”, emphasizes that member states have a commitment to abide by the U.N. Charter, and calls for the “Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied” during the June 1967 war

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967)

I left out 52 other violations (from 79), such as terrorist attacks, invasions of sovereign countries, collective punishment, racism, massacre of civilians, abduction, support of armed groups, assassination attempts, deportations, blockades, imprisonment and the continued flagrant violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention.

This is a Joke

And I would NEVER want to see a list of "Palestinian" "Violations" either

Mainly because the UN is nonsense. For starters if there is ever any "world order" i'd bet my last dollar you wont see it arise from the UN

Secondly What is the UN? The body ruled in the end by the WINNERS of a Horrific war lol... USA, UK, France, Russia, China... If I was ANYBODY else, I wouldn't recognize a god damn thing the winners of a war told me to do in a War. PARTICULARLY if I was "Palestinian or Israeli" because these are the jerk offs who DID THIS to them...

One day maybe the Palestinians and Israelis will wake up to the FACT that in all actuality they are on the same side against a way more aggressive set of foes who's atrocities wouldn't fit on a list you could post in a forum, "Europeans" basically got rid of Jews and DUMPED them into another land THEY said they owned lol and these guys make "rules" of how everyone is supposed to fight? The A-Bomb droppers? The concentration camp owners? The exile-rs and conquerors?

No... this Jew wont wont listen to UN condemnation of either Palestinians or Israelis and if I had NO HOME, i'd be damned if I played by the rules either.

WW2 killed 90 Million people, Israel and Palestine have killed 40,000 or so combined and the conflict is the DIRECT result of the actions taken by the players of WW2. Guess what? The Jews wanted someplace where Europeans wouldn't kill them and the Palestinians didn't do squat to anybody.

The UN wants to do something? It should shut the eff up... and shell out the MONEY to fix this, build the Palestinians the 2nd State Solution they talk about, what's offered as a 2 State is rubble that's why no one wants it, start putting up Condos on the Sinai pay Egypt for the land... something, it CAN be worked out but an offer of desert with no water or building isn't exactly "tempting"

But I wont "condemn" the "violations" of people who were stuck in a cage together like 2 animals for what they do trying to survive, I'll condemn the UN for thinking it rules the world when NOBODY elected them to do so but people who did worse.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

For me the most important thing is: "some country" is committing/attempting Genocide, War crimes, Violating International law, Collectively punishing, Illegal occupying, stealing land, Imprisoning 2 million persons in open air, Starving, Harassing and killing those who don't agree or want to submit to their will...and that don't makes them any nicer than those you referred to. IMO, of course.

NO

They want to survive.

The Israelis are just winning.

The "open air prison" wasn't created by any of them and the Jews live in it too, you can be quite sure many of the parties involved in these decisions knew full damn well that dropping Jews into a situation where they were told "their land" was someone else's and surrounded by people of another faith for thousands of Kilometers in any direction would work out to be a "final solution" for the "European Jew problem" one way or another and many would still like to see it end that way.

NEITHER the Palestinians or the Jews should have to "bite it" here. They DID NOT create this situation respectively.

I Do respect both sides because these aren't people fighting for Oil or resources or wealth or power or global control... they are people fighting for their lives.

What this is, is the equivalent of what the kids that made the "Bum Fights" did and in the end the kids that threw burgers to "homeless people" to make them fight were forced to Fix what they created. No one blamed the Bums for wanting food or fighting for it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
NO MORE HATE

Fixing this for the West and for the local Islamic nations is the equivalent of paying a speeding Ticket for the rest of us, you screwed up pay the toll.

Egypt is building an Entire CITY as we speak, the Chinese build empty cities every Year, America spends Trillions on war, Europe is a Union now and it includes the french who gave Israel the bomb, the Germans who exterminated them and the British who "decided" of their own accord they owned Palestine. Russia is busy trying to control Billion dollar a minute pipelines...

Stop being savages, the Palestinians aren't savages for trying to tunnel their way into a city lol, the Jews aren't savages for defending what they built after being shipped to a vacant lot lol

The people spending TRILLIONS of Dollars on War and Oil who can't build the Palestinians a home ARE. Your watching Bum fights on TV and picking sides which makes us no better than the attendees of the Roman Colosseum. A step Below WWE fans except the fight is real which makes it worse.

WE the rest of the modern world can build Islands, the Chinese have plans for a single building that can hold all of Palestine lol... they tipped the worlds axis with the 3 gorges dam.

America spent enough money on the war in the Middle East TO COLONIZE MARS

Lets stop the insane Hypocrisy of BLAME and be Human already.

I am not the only one who is too tired of the hate to hate anymore, Tax everyone in the world 2 cents on a gallon of gas and end this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And my point is, "that particular country" is not the only one doing these things, nor is even the scale the biggest. I do not see the Israel/Palestine conflict as somehow worthy of more attention than any of many other countries engaging in genocide, torture, imprisonment, slavery, brutality/stealing land and killing the natives that is going on all over the freaking world right now.

I understand that you agree and reconize Israel does that. So do you agree with it ? And do you please provide links and/or sources for one or two of those countries you mentioned before that does all that at same time, like Israel?

Hell, the U.S. violates the human rights of it's own citizens on a daily basis, not to mention those of people in other countries. Just look at the blatant racial disparity in our "justice system" for one. The problem of homelessness. The War on Drugs. Police brutality and militarization. An economy that every day gets closer to virtual slavery. Why the hell doesn't the U.N. pass a resolution against the U.S.?

now you are comparing US to Israel and at the same time you are comparing US citizens to Palestinians...wow! but their's a Huge difference Palestinians haves all that slavery stuff and much more (see your previous quote)

That's right. Because "crimes against humanity" is a completely relative term.

Well by saying that I presume you don't know the Declaration of Human Rights approved in 1947 by UN. And all the Geneva Conventions...etc.

They who hold the most seats on the U.N. council decide who gets called out. The Arab countries hold a lot of sway in the U.N. ALOT.

wrong. not true, I ask you to present proof to support your claim. Besides the Veto powers are US, China,Russia, France and England.

As does the E.U., which, despite their protests, is still deeply anti-Semitic.

Can you please provide support for your claim?

And no, I am not calling criticism of Israel anti-Semitic, because Israel has plenty worth criticism and condemnation. But when I lived over in Europe, I couldn't believe the level of blatant Anti-Jewish sentiments that are still held by even the well educated middle class. I mean, anytime a discussion of Israel, more than half of the "criticisms" were barely veiled diatribes of how vile the Jews are, the Jews run the world, ect. When you start ragging on Jews as a people/race/ethnic group instead of Israel as a crappy little nation whose government is run by paranoid scumbags, you've pretty much lost me.

The above is your subjective opinion, because where I live (And I live in Europe since was born) it's totally the opposite. The Israelis are the good guys and all the other's are the bad and monsters (because of bias MSM). Fortunately, wide internet access is helping to bring light to the darkness that most of us are.

And while we are at it, where the hell is concern for Africa? The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is a mere pissing contest compared to what goes on in "the Dark Continent". Palestinians are no were near extinction level genocide that we see for many ethnic groups in Africa. Entire tribes have been permanently wiped out, cultures erased.

I'm concerned with what I can see that it's wrong. You can start providing information to everyone around here about injustice that you find. Maybe you will get feedback.. or be ignored..

Israel tanks raze one Palestinian village and shoot a few kids, everyone loses their minds.

The above says a lot about your away of thinking...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Congrats. Three awesome posts in a row by someone who CLEARLY gets it! Instead of demonizi9ng one side over another, how about realizing that BOTH sides are the victims, as well as the guilty party, in this mess.. It is their handling of the situation that is crappy.

One thing was made clear after the second world war: the Jews needed a country of their own. Even before WW2, this was clear, since Jews kept getting persecuted, murdered, or shunned/banned in most countries they lived in. So, they need somewhere to live, call home, and run as they like. So their ancestral homeland gets picked and they take over. Unfortunately, their ancestral homeland had also been the home of many other people for thousands of years, and was currently occupied. Instead of looking around for other possible locations for the Jewish homeland, both rabid extremist Zionists and their allies wanted Israel as their and theirs alone. And naturally, the people already living there were never asked about how they felt about it. So the West basically let's the Jews have their long lost country back, and really never thinks for a moment about the large population of people already well rooted in that land. And instead of figuring out a system where both Jews and Palestinians could live in in the country together amicably, everyone decides to act like assholes. The Arab world refuses to even consider a Jewish state anywhere near them due to long standing religious and ethnic tensions, and attacks the moment Israel is born. Israel decides the only good Arab is a dead or expelled Arab, and just start shoving people off their land and taking it, as well as treating the inhabitants, many of whom weren't even Arab or Muslim, like crap. And while the Arab world pretends to be outraged, they are only so outraged as it long as it fuels a political/religious goals. What have the Arab nations really done for Palestine? Squat, even though they have the power and resources to help them out. And Israel takes national paranoia to new levels, and starts provoking # with their Arab neighbors, i.e. the war of '67. And the Arabs start giving the Palestinians weapons to harass and terrorize Israel. And they go back and forth, back and forth, and the whole world takes sides and sticks their noses, money, and weapons where they don't belong.

It's all epic level stupid more than it is epic level crimes against humanity. Neither side has really done themselves any favors in their handling of this situation, and both sides have behaved abominably.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

QFT
/

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I understand that you agree and reconize Israel does that. So do you agree with it ? And do you please provide links and/or sources for one or two of those countries you mentioned before that does all that at same time, like Israel?

Ehhh...China?

Labor Camps, AKA open air prisons
Forced evictions, Tibetan Ethnic Persecution, ect
Oh hell, just sum it all up at Wiki
Zimbabwe, anyone?

As far as whether or not I agree with Israel's actions, the answer is no. But Israel's actions are hardly unique or remarkable in the arena of human rights violations. So why should they be elevated beyond the rest?

now you are comparing US to Israel and at the same time you are comparing US citizens to Palestinians...wow! but their's a Huge difference Palestinians haves all that slavery stuff and much more (see your previous quote)

I've done no such thing. I showed you that what qualifies as human rights violations all depends on who has the power. The U.N. will not pass a resolution against the U.S. because the U.S. still calls the shots globally. To slap a resolution on the U.S. is like a peasant trying to file charges against a wealthy, powerful lord. It just ain't gonna happen. My point was that Israel's numerous resolutions mean nothing.

Well by saying that I presume you don't know the Declaration of Human Rights approved in 1947 by UN. And all the Geneva Conventions...etc.

Actually, I do. I had to when I was in the military. All of us were required to know the Geneva conventions. And such "declarations" aren't worth the paper they are written on. And they are practiced selectively, when convenient, by just about everyone. He who has the most guns gets to decide what gets enforced and what doesn't.

As does the E.U., which, despite their protests, is still deeply anti-Semitic.

Can you please provide support for your claim?

Ever heard of OPEC?[/url

European antisemitism? Where they hell do I even begin?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_Europe#In_the_21st_centu_javascript:hyperlink()ry]Wiki?

Here, maybe?
Worst since the Nazis
It's happening.

The above is your subjective opinion, because where I live (And I live in Europe since was born) it's totally the opposite. The Israelis are the good guys and all the other's are the bad and monsters (because of bias MSM). Fortunately, wide internet access is helping to bring light to the darkness that most of us are.

It is not just my own opinion. And I never saw anything in the News there that portrayed Israel as "good". At best, it is treated neutrally.

I'm concerned with what I can see that it's wrong. You can start providing information to everyone around here about injustice that you find. Maybe you will get feedback.. or be ignored..

On this site, others beat me to the punch, more often than not.

The above says a lot about your away of thinking...

It does. It shows I am thinking and observing. And I actually look at the world beyond that land strip and see it everywhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You know who's one of the worst violator of Human Rights?

The UNITED STATES. No equal rights for LGBQT, no laws protecting LGBTQ from discrimination, and upholders of the death penalty in several states.

Huge violations of basic human rights in prisons, health care as a "for profit" system (in many other countries health care is free or heavily subsidized), and a legal system that protects corporations over human beings.

Let's call out the USA before anyone else.

Um, yes there are violations of the UN universal human rights. However, excepting what I consider wars of aggressions in the past such as the Iraq War or many others, which ARE war crimes, the US is not engaged in war crimes or human rights violations currently, excepting perhaps drones and extralegal killings in let's say Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join