It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The U.N. Human Rights Council has "determined" the worst nation on Earth for human rights is ....

Israel !!!

Not sure how this was accurately determined, but if the United Nations says so, maybe it is so.

The cited article seems to sum up the addings and subtractings.

Is this a further indication of recent anti-Israel sentiment?

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

What country deserves more condemnation for violating human rights than any other nation on earth? According to the U.N.’s top human rights body, that would be Israel.

Last week, Israel was the U.N.’s number one women’s rights violator. This week it is the U.N.’s all-round human rights villain.

The U.N. Human Rights Council wrapped up its latest session in Geneva on Friday, March 27 by adopting four resolutions condemning Israel. That’s four times more than any of the other 192 UN member states.

WHAT ??

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I seen quite a lot of what Israel done To Gaza last year and it was vicious, pure & simple. I am not surprised by the U.N.'s finding. That and of course they've been in direct violation of human rights laws (and guilty of war crimes) with the constant siege of Gaza since 2007.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is this your first time hearing this? For years now Israel has pretty much been leading the pack when it came to human rights violations. But that's what happens when you hold another nation under a brutal occupation.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not sure how this was accurately determined, but if the United Nations says so, maybe it is so.

But the UN doesn't say anything about it being the case. All they done was announce resolutions against different countries which are known to violate human rights. Just because one state got more than others this year, doesn't really mean all too much. If a state is bad enough to get even one resolution passed on them, then they are in need of fixing.

The cited article seems to sum up the addings and subtractings.

Fox News seems to be whipping this up into something it is not, in order to drive traffic and controversy.

Is this a further indication of recent anti-Israel sentiment?

No. Fox News' attempts at playing up these findings is not representative of any anti-Israel sentiment from the UN.

The fact is that the UN targets every country which violates human rights. They've passed resolutions on North Korea and they will pass resolutions on Israel, as long as both countries continue to violate international law. And as for Israel getting the short end of the stick when it comes to human rights condemnation, I guess you and Fox News are forgetting that huge report which ripped North Korea for all of its human rights crimes...that was infinitely more worse for North Korea than what a couple of resolutions could do to Israel. Indeed, Israel has ignored the dozens of resolutions passed against it in the last 50 years.

edit on 30-3-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Q: Is this a further indication of recent anti-Israel sentiment?

A: It is not anti-Israel sentiment, it is that The World is waking up to Israel and finally speaking up and out about it.

edit on 30-3-2015 by ugmold because: fix

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You know who's one of the worst violator of Human Rights?

The UNITED STATES. No equal rights for LGBQT, no laws protecting LGBTQ from discrimination, and upholders of the death penalty in several states.

Huge violations of basic human rights in prisons, health care as a "for profit" system (in many other countries health care is free or heavily subsidized), and a legal system that protects corporations over human beings.

Let's call out the USA before anyone else.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Interesting, I wouldn't argue that they're a huge violator but I feel as if the events got depicted by the journalist that they're the worst violator. Obviously the UN is going to have more to say about developed countries, with the other ones you pick your battles. Just like different crimes are enforced in rougher parts of America than the suburbs. Speeding in a violent area tends to get overlooked when drugs are on every corner with a gun toting criminal.
edit on 30-3-2015 by CriticalStinker because: Smart phone auto correct b#

(post by johnwick removed for a manners violation)
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You know who's one of the worst violator of Human Rights?

The UNITED STATES. No equal rights for LGBQT, no laws protecting LGBTQ from discrimination, and upholders of the death penalty in several states.

Huge violations of basic human rights in prisons, health care as a "for profit" system (in many other countries health care is free or heavily subsidized), and a legal system that protects corporations over human beings.

Let's call out the USA before anyone else.

Most of the world does not recognise gsy or lesbian rights.

So the US us way ahead of the pack on that subject.

In fact they are regularly sentenced to death for it in many places.

Just because you think something should be doesn't make it so.

The US prisons make mideast central and south american and Asian prison look like Nazi death camps in comparison..

You strike out again.

The US is a shining beacon to most peoples if most nations.

It is not perfect, but it is way ahead of most other places.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Haha I agree they are one of the most oppressive regimes on the planet. Question is what is anyone prepared to do about it? Answer is nothing at all! UN is a puppet and everyone knows it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

And so the world begins to turn on Israel.

Do you think the UN is making this up? Syria definitely is guilty but their civil war is still young compared to Israels, what 50 year occupation? I'm sure NoKo isn't far behind on that list.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And so the world begins to turn on Israel.

Do you think the UN is making this up? Syria definitely is guilty but their civil war is still young compared to Israels, what 50 year occupation? I'm sure NoKo isn't far behind on that list.

You honestly think north Korea is ahead of isreal on human rights?

You actually believe that?

I suppose Nazi Germany is beacon if human rights in your world as well?

Because anyone that has the internet should know damn well north Korea is not even close to as good as isreal on human rights.

If isreal was half as bad as so many of you keep claiming, there wouldn't be millions of pallies, they could and would have killed them all decades ago.

The fact there are millions is because of the incredible restraint they show when there is fighting.

They could depopulate Gaza in a week Max if they wanted.

All those pallies are still there because that is not what they want.
edit on 30-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LOL

Maybe the UN should deal with facts instead of voting on who to make social commentary about for political reasons.

Israel does messed up stuff... no duhr, the Palestinian situation needs to be fixed somehow... no duhr

None the less, I can think of oh... I dunno, 1/3 of the world sucking more arse than going to Israel would, places there is no food, places with hundreds of thousands of rapes, warlords, cannibals, disease and worms out the yin yang.... heck Detroit is worse and yes i'm not talking about the violence which isn't "state sponsored (which means so much when you get shot) but yeah the govt and police...

Israel has an "actual govt" so it's worse than Liberia because the 9000 nightmare things that happen to you within 24hrs of getting off a plane don't count because no one "elected" the warlords doing it...

The UN seriously can be asinine.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
LOL

Maybe the UN should deal with facts instead of voting on who to make social commentary about for political reasons.

Israel does messed up stuff... no duhr, the Palestinian situation needs to be fixed somehow... no duhr

None the less, I can think of oh... I dunno, 1/3 of the world sucking more arse than going to Israel would, places there is no food, places with hundreds of thousands of rapes, warlords, cannibals, disease and worms out the yin yang.... heck Detroit is worse and yes i'm not talking about the violence which isn't "state sponsored (which means so much when you get shot) but yeah the govt and police...

Israel has an "actual govt" so it's worse than Liberia because the 9000 nightmare things that happen to you within 24hrs of getting off a plane don't count because no one "elected" the warlords doing it...

The UN seriously can be asinine.

I agree with everything you said here!!!

Finally someone who can see through their prejudices and look at the true situation.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Apparently it's not what I think, it's what the UN is reporting. Do you think they're just making this up or picking on Israel?

Do I agree NoKo is crazy town full of violations? Of course, why would you even ask that?

Typical Nazi response that I won't even bother answering.

www.ohchr.org...

Under its agenda item on the Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories the Council adopted four resolutions: on human rights in the occupied Syrian Golan; on the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination; on Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and in the occupied Syrian Golan; and on the human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem.

In a resolution (A/HRC/28/L.18) on the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, adopted by a vote of 27 in favour, 6 against and 14 abstentions, the Council condemned in the strongest terms the long-standing and ongoing systematic, widespread and gross human rights violations and other human rights abuses committed in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and decided to extend the mandate of the Special Rapporteur of the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea for a period of one year.

But the truth is they're not done investigating, it's always on going and more sessions will take place with more resolutions and on going investigations for all nations who commit human violations. This time around Israel wins with 4. It's not the end all be all, apparently they don't cover the entire world in one session. The Fox News article, & many others, are spinning this. Shocker I know! The OP, you, & many others believe the hype.

The Council condemned in the strongest possible terms widespread and grave abuses by Da’esh in Iraq and urged the Iraqi Government to investigate all alleged abuses and violations of human rights and international humanitarian law. In a resolution on technical assistance and capacity-building to improve human rights in Libya, the Council requested the High Commissioner to urgently dispatch a mission to investigate violations and abuses of international human rights law in Libya by the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Da’esh in Libya) and other terrorist organizations with a view to ensuring full accountability. In a resolution on the continuing grave deterioration in the human rights and humanitarian situation in Syria the Council extended for one year the mandate of the Commission of Inquiry on Syria and requested it to provide an oral update at the twenty-ninth session of the Human Rights Council and written updated reports at the thirtieth and thirty-first sessions.

The UN already finished a 400 page report on NoKo last year. NoKo would not allow the UN access for their study so they did the best they can from SoKo interviewing witness and refugees.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 17 February 2014 the panel published their findings in a 400-page report.[13] The commission accused the North Korean government of being involved in systemic, widespread and gross human rights violations. The panel chairman Michael Kirby described some acts by stating that they resembled those committed by the Nazis. "In many instances, the violations of human rights found by the commission constitute crimes against humanity. These are not mere excesses of the State; they are essential components of a political system that has moved far from the ideals on which it claims to be founded," the panel's report said. "The gravity, scale and nature of these violations revealed a State that does not have any parallel in the contemporary world." Roberta Cohen, joint chair of the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said it was now up to the world community to take action to protect those persecuted and bring the perpetrators to justice. The DPRK rejected the findings. In a statement it said the commission was "a product of politicization of human rights on the part of the EU and Japan, in alliance with the US hostile policy." [20] On November 18, 2014 the UN voted in favor of a draft resolution to refer North Korea to the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity [21][22]

See there? They compared NoKo to the Nazi's. Happy?
edit on 30-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Israel is an evil country, shocker.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Did anyone bother reading the linked story ?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Truth is, the UN human rights council is a joke . Before one jumps on their band wagon because of their dislike of Israel you may want to look into just how these member countries protect human rights within their own countries.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

They're investigstions are not a joke. You're saying their investigation of NoKo is a joke?
edit on 30-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

nice side step

But unfortunately that has nothing at all to do with what I said .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join