It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
allafrica.com...

10,000 dead kids...

It's not about blame, there just genuinely is a brainwashing and hatred in this particular debate.

8,855 Homicides in the USA last year.

North Korean Starvation Deaths 350,000 in a decade

Heck... 4 Million displaced from Syria in the last Year

20 Million US citizens Jailed over a decade or so... Most for non violent crimes... Most in the world

48 women are raped per hr in the Congo

83,425 women"reported" rape in the us last year

Bad summer in Palestine? November death toll for Muslim militants: 5,042 around the world.

We any better? Iraqi War casualties... 2.3 Million Iraqis since 1990

Darfur? 450,000 Dead with an estimated 3,245,000 people displaced over 5 Million Rapes

Ukrainian Deaths hit 4500 by November and just keep going... One Year

Here is what I see... BIAS, Over the same 3 decades, roughly 30,000 Palestinians died... Roughly 9000 Israelis. Yeah there is a war going on, yeah it's stupid like most, YES on both sides people could do a lot more to stem the violence....

But worst in the world? What kind of BS fantasy land do some of you people live in? As many people will get shot and killed State side just from being jerks with no war going on as Palestinians died in 2 decades of so called "genocide" ...

It's a political issue... There is a degree anti antisemitism to it just like there is Islamic hatred from the other side... because REALITY CHECK... if your a "Peace Activist" you literally have to go through a giant list in this world before you even reach this conflict

Neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis are being "raped continually" by the other side, the Deaths are in the low thousands... we rocked that Total in the first day of the gulf war, the first DAY. There aren't "concentration camps" set up on either side, neither population even comes close to the internal death tolls of some conflict regions particularly Africa

In Reality, it's a land dispute... actually one of the FEW rare legitimate disputes in the world in which BOTH sides are kind of right...a reason for a war, a valid pretext at least not all about Ideology or Money

The real, Israel and Palestine are stuck in this fight, the Palestinians have been loosing all along sure... But neither side actualy woke up one morning with a Hate based goal of destroying the other. decisions were made from the outside.

And more REAL... Palestinians can get out and leave so can Israelis... they both CHOOSE to stay and fight it out

Which brings me to "open air prison" North Korea isn't an "open air prison" "Ideologies" themselves aren't in a way "open air prisons" Is Even "America" Not an "open air prison"? Can I go out find empty land and build a house by cutting down trees? Or would I be locked away? I am personally financially enslaved so are most of you...

But is either side actually being slaughtered and raped? Right next door, again, 4 Million Syrians displaced this year... never has gone remotely that far between Palestine and Israel in such a manner

So Yeah... when you Rate Israel worst in the world for Women, that's a LOL a big LOL it's an utterly biased nonsense statement, Genocide when people CAN leave no matter who is calling the word is also BS

Why?

Why THIS topic of infatuation for so many... stop holding up your babies on both sides and see the TRUTH, this conflict doesn't even rank in regards to atrocities around the globe, there is legitimacy on both sides to the conflict, it has never escalated to anything remotely "genocidal" neither group is top 10 in abuses of women

so WHY?

Bigotry, that's what this topic is, in the States and Europe it's something for stupid teenagers in Uni to get activist about so they can "feel" like they are solving a problem, it has forces of Bigotry both anti Jewish and Anti Muslim fueling it...

And there is NOTHING about this conflict that in any actuality should threaten or involve the rest of the world... Meanwhile OUR conflicts DO endanger the ENTIRE planet, Europe, Russia, America and others... bring these situations into death tolls of Millions upon Millions have committed Genocide yes all of the above has... and park the world under Thousands of Nukes...

Yet nothing about SELF, nothing about the sheer insanity of what your respective nations actually do, even via the environment we are butchers we threaten the globe with Dozens of time bomb Nuke Plants, GMO's, poison after poison killing Millions of kids everywhere...

But Israel... fighting for a strip of land the size of Rhode Island against one small Isolated people who...show no interested in actually stopping the conflict any more than the Israelis do This is the "worst in the world" going on?

I don't think so... I think everyone is involved for straight up Bigoted reasons.

Look at yourselves your in a Nightmare, slave states, material obsession, never ending street violence people all around yu hell bent on strange Dogmas, massive money on even more massive military machines that you all slave to fund every day that Kill not thousands... Millions regularly

Israel and Palestine has been... the only fight that actually has a reason and WE are the reason LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

You are just an antisemite.

Do you even know what "anti-Semite" means? Oh wait, Ironhawke already explained this.

anyone that has the internet should know damn well north Korea is not even close to as good as isreal on human rights.

Because North Korea is such a secretive state, it is difficult to draw any reasonable comparisons. We certainly know far more about Israel's atrocities.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Biggest issue I see is most of the "fixes" would just try to reverse the situation... the vast majority of the rich elite would flee, leaving the average Israeli now in the position of "hostage".

The only true fix will never happen, and that's both groups accepting each other and merging into one state.

The elite in both places will never allow the peace because they loose power.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

You should consider why such a tactic is used by people who believe they will go to heaven if they die for Allah, or kill Jews in his name.

They have no standing army, and they are shunned by their fellow arabs far more than they are by the very people they hate. After enough bus bombings Israel had enough...

If they incur enough casualties, not only will they swell their ranks with new fanatics, but they will keep stoking the fires of anti semitism in the arab world around them, and hope the state of Israel will eventually be crushed.

To them, losing a child is nothing if it means the destruction of Israel. Sick.
edit on 3.31.2015 by Kandinsky because: Removed graphic video

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

The last suicide bombing attempt on israel took place in 2008, how many bombs have been dropped on the Palestinians since then? Using an 11 year video to justify your stance. Why not go back 50 years and tell people about the terrorist bombings by irgun?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Why do you think there hasn't been as many suicide bombings inside Israel as of late?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

Nice little propaganda cartoon. Makes the point that Hamas wished to make. Poor little us getting picked on the big bully. Oh we started it?

edit on 31-3-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

The appalling actions of the misguided few are to be lamented, that's for sure. However, you may need to understand just why people can be driven to madness, particularly after a JDAM destroyed their neighbourhood. Much is pale, though, in comparison to Israel dropping a 1kt thermobaric warhead on Syria; now that is what I call anti-Semitic.

a reply to: Logarock

Who did start it? The Amalek?

edit on 31st March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Why do you think there hasn't been as many suicide bombings inside Israel as of late?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

An attempt on 19th April 2008 none since then.

Why do you think there is no more? Could be down to the fact the Palestinians want a 2 state solution.

The fact you have stars for this post shows how ill informed some are.
edit on 31-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Israel will always be able to use the "We were abused" line. But, being the greatest power in the Middle East, the disproportionate response, is clearly wrong. And as long as they keep stealing land, this cycle will continue.

edit on 31-3-2015 by Meduzi because: I type like a dolt.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: johnwick the incredible restraint they show .

crap. bombing civilians as a matter of policy is not 'restraint'. israel doesn't 'fight' anyone. it attacks unarmed and helplessly caged civilians. it is a barbaric anachronism.

Yes unarmed, as they fire thousands of rockets into isreal, and shoot AK-47 rounds st their soldiers.

Bs hyperbole, that was your entire post.

No other Arab nations want the pallies.

They are outcasts because they are by historical records extreme trouble makers.

Isreal hasn't built a wall around them on all sides.

Just the Israeli side, the other walls were built by the Arab countries that border them.

The Israelis aren't the only nation that wants nothing to do with them.

In fact they had open borders at one time.

The pallies kept bus mombing and mombing markets etc until isreal had no other choice but to close the pallues off to protect themselves.

Since they closed the borders, no more bus bombs, no more market explosions etc...

I would say public safety in isreal won out, and has worked.

Since the pallues can't momb isreal on weekly basis anymore, they now launch rockets constantly.

At a rate if thousands per year into isreal.

See a pattern here?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

So now Israel is worse than North Korea? Does anyone even take the UN seriously anymore other than those that just hate the state of Israel? I sure as # don't anymore. North Korea... really?

On what basis is Syria judged? The Barrel bombs being dropped on civilians or the civilians being beheaded by militant groups? There are well over 200,000 people dead over the Syrian civil war. Think about that for a moment.

What a #ing joke. The middle east itself is a JOKE. Israel is literally the only free state in the entire region, but I guess you'd rather Hamas have control over it so it can turn into another jihadist run # hole?

That does seem to be the plan.

All these isreal haters honestly believe isreal has a worse woman's rights record than any Arab state.

I don't know how they can believe this, but they do.

(post by johnwick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Meduzi
Israel represents the classic case of 'the abused, going on to become the abuser'.

Israle represents the provoked becoming the accused.

Would that argument stand up in court? I was provoked so I decided to kill over 2000 children. Its not my fault I dropped bombs and killed them they started it. Oh wait there was munitions being kept there, what there wasn't? We are probing it but look look a missle landed on open farm land, we are provoked again to kill more children.

Yea it would stand up in court. The same way a bank robber is charged with murder if the cops accidently shoot a hostage. Hamas......guilty of wanton murder and blood lust.

Bad analogy, this isn't like that at all first off Israel is holding Palestine hostage, unless you think those big walls are for decoration, so it is the hostage takers killing the hostages. So you think they should be jailed? Interesting

The pallues have borders with Arab neighbors, they can leave any time they want...oh wait, their Arab neighbors walled them in as well.

I wonder why?

Oh that's right, they do the same crap everywhere else as well.

Nobody wants them...you know what, forget it.

You just hate isreal admit it.

You ignore all the terrible things the pallies do because you hate isreal.

Your hate blinds you to facts.

Why should they leave? What reason do they have to leave the land they are on? So Israel can take it? They are walled off by Israel from their own land, that is the land they want to be on, not Egypt. Can't wait for this answer

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why do you think there is no more? Could be down to the fact the Palestinians want a 2 state solution.

No it is because isreal walled them off.

The "open air prison" you keep complaining about is the reason there have been no more attacks.

Isreal did what it had to to protect its people.

It tried everything.

Nothing worked so they sealed the border, problem solved.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: Max_TO
Did anyone bother reading the linked story ?

I don't think they did.

Slightly disturbing from Iran:

At last count, in 2012 Iranian courts ordered more than 30,000 girls ages 14 and under to be “married.”

And obviously as expected they responded with:

“in light of Islamic teachings, a person that has reached the age of maturity and is of sound mind has the possibility of marrying.”

Now to me a 14 year old girl is NOT of maturity, not by a long way, marriage at that age is absurd to me also, even if THE CHILD was of sound mind. So the holy books have a lot of teachings like this? The Koran along with the Bible is out dated and totally irrelevant and out of touch with today's society.

Even more disturbing still:

Ninety percent of states – inhabited by 6.6 billion people – got no mention at all. Countries like China, Qatar, Russia, and Saudi Arabia. For the UN, there was not one human rights violation worthy of mention by any of these human rights horror shows.

''Human rights horror shows'' sums it up nicely, How many beheadings are Saudi on this year?

Personally I think the age of 14 is low and forced marriages are rape. However, before attacking Iran for teenage marriages, how about also looking into America. Alabama also allows 14 yr olds to get married. Where's the outcry? And Mississippi allows 15 year olds. In fact, there are a lot of US states that allow marriage under the age of 18 with parental consent. And Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, and Oklahoma allow pregnant teens or teens who have already had a child to get married without parental consent. Oh & Scotland allows 16 yr olds without parental consent. So what age is acceptable?

Also, isn't it a bit backwards that teens can have orgies & have kids, but can't legally commit to only one person? I wouldn't mind teens marrying each other if they stayed committed to each other. As in, I'd rather a 15yr old boy legally commit to my hypothetical 14yr old daughter than impregnate her then leave.

EDIT: To stay on topic, some people here must not know about Israel's "price tag attacks" on Christian churches & establishments, their sterilizations of Ethiopian Jews without their consent, and the rampant discrimination against women by their Ultra Orthodox communities. These are literally just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 31-3-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something to stay on topic. plz don't delete me

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Ummmm, I think you still don't get it.

Fare enough!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
a reply to: Swills

What an imagination you have there sir.

Where did I say their investigations are a joke ? And just who is this " they " that you keep referring to ?

The UN council at any given time has member states on that council that have no business being on any council with the term " human rights " within the title.

That is why I say the council is a joke .

Now please continue putting words into my mouth .

You are ridiculous. Where did you say they are a joke? Why right here,

Truth is, the UN human rights council is a joke

But now you're doing damage control. So the council is a joke to you but the investigations aren't? Mmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkk!
edit on 31-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

No it is because isreal walled them off.

The "open air prison" you keep complaining about is the reason there have been no more attacks.

Isreal did what it had to to protect its people.

It tried everything.

Nothing worked so they sealed the border, problem solved.

That just doesn't make sense, how does a wall stop a suicide bomber? A wall may stop a rocket but how does it stop a person strapped with explosives? Nearly 50,000 Palestinians officially work in Israel, while around 30,000 cross the border illegally every day from the West Bank to work. They could easily put on explosives after they cross over, explain how a wall stops that?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

1. Most of those countries where alternative lifestyles are not treated to equal status as conventional lifestyles enjoy, are not professing to be the bastions of freedom, integrity and egalitarianism...the US does. Citizenship and the rights and constitutional rights that go hand in glove, are not supposed to be conferred only to certain groups that practice 'approved' sexual lifestyles, they are inalienable...being a Human being and a citizen is qualification enough, or is supposed to be.

2. America has the largest, per capita, prison population in the entire world. A much larger percentage of the US people are routinely incarcerated and shuffled around the private prison industry, than any other nations people in the world, including Russia, North Korea and China.

3. A gilded cage is still very much a cage, a life frittered and wasted away languishing in an American prison for profit, is still very much a wasted life.

4. That beacon you mention needs relighting and stoking a little, it's in danger of going out completely.

Nothing is perfect, but not being at the bottom of the stinking heap is absolutely NO reason to rest on your collective laurels and settle for 'not as bad'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join